1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it? - Part 2

Jun 4, 2016

1. My first doll was Volks Yo-SD Lillie. She`s absolutely never going anywhere, even if I don`t have any other yos because I don`t like the size for the most part, other than for the transportability.

2. I will keep my first doll forever!:hug:

3. This question has always been on the fence for me admittedly.:sweat

My first (and the only one I had while I took a several year hiatus) is a B&G MSD. I really wanted her when I first got her, but got discouraged from collecting for a while and even tried to sell her to fund my Pullip obsession at the time. Didn't receive any interest, and decided to keep her.

Ever since I got back into the hobby, my interests have been entirely focused on SDs, as I'm not a big fan of little kid/baby-like dolls. For some reason though, even though the thought of selling my little girl, Sadako, has been at the back of my mind even till now, she'll probably end up sticking around and be the only MSD in my crew. There's just something about her that keeps her here with me, and who knows? Maybe one day I'll end up taking off her factory face-up and redo it with a custom one of my own. For now, though, since I'm in the middle of a move, she's sadly packed away with most of the others. But...I've still got her though!:kitty1

4. I got my first doll in 2006. She's still my favorite n_n I don't think I could ever part with her. Though, I've felt that way about other things in the past and my mind has changed. No current plans to get rid of her though!

5. I still have my first doll. I don't think I'll ever part from her.

6. I think I will never sell my first doll...there's a lot of sentiments that is associated with my first one, so he's really special to me. Tastes may change later, but I'm keeping him for the meaningful memories...

7. I still have mine, and I won't ever sell her.

8. I haven't had my first doll for too long but I could never think of selling him. I am mostly able to say that, not knowing the future, because I am a very sentimental person that likes to keep meaningful stuff and love on it forever. For example, I have a really nice big chair in my room that I can't even use because it is full of stuffed dogs that I've collected and grown attachment to over the years. The last thing that I will do is get a rid of my very first doll.

9. i still have my first BJD :D and i dont plan on getting rid of him any time soon

10. maybe it depends on the owner?
      I dont think I can sell my first doll... but I know some people sell their first doll because they dont feel the connection and dont want to be unfair.... so they let em go and find them new owners

11. I'm not as attached to my first doll as I used to be. :c I thought about selling him (he's actually not available on the website anymore) but my dad has always had a thing for him, so he sorta adopted him from me. So he's still in the family. :)

12. I love my first doll to bits and can't see myself selling her anytime soon. I never thought I would get her in the first place so she's here to stay.

13. My dolls refuse to leave the house - they say I can leave but leave the credit card! :lol:

14. I've only had my boy for a very short while now, and he still hasn't got his own body yet (Currently at my friends so she is letting me use one of her body's for him so that I can hug my son haha) But I don't think I could ever part with him now, I really didnt think I could get so attached to him!

15. Most of my first BJDs are long gone (ABS resin Hujoos--I kept the classic Hujoo sculpts, but gave away the MSD and YoSD dolls), but my first on-topic BJD (Planetdoll MSD Riz) will stay with me, I think. She's been my travel doll, keeping me company through college, new jobs, and interviews.

16. I will keep my first doll! He is very special to me, though he is not the most expensive/most limited one in my collection, but still he is the precious one.

17. I've only had my Johnny since March and my feelings for him have not diminished. I'd have to be in dire straits before I'd let him go.

18. Do any of you long-timers still have your first doll?

19. Yup. Got my first in December of '06 and she's still kicking it here with me. :)

20. September of '08 and my CP Harang, James, has been with me ever since :)