1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it? - Part 2

Jun 4, 2016

1. Yep. I still have mine and they're still among my favorites. ^_^

(I got my Shiwoo twins together, so my "first doll" was actually a pair... Harumatsu and Tien Jen. Ordered in December 2005, received in January 2006)

2. Brightfires, I just stalked your profile and I have to say that is an impressive doll family. You definately have been doing this for awhile.

3. It's definitely been a long and entertaining ride. :lol:

4. I do! I consider him "retired", as he stays boxed in my closet and doesn't fit in with my current crew at all, but I do still have him. April 2 will mark nine years since I placed his order! <3

5. Got my first doll, a DOD Lahoo, in April of 2006. He's still with me, and still the one doll that's the closest to my heart. <3

6. Ah it breaks my heart a bit but I sold my 1st doll a few years back. She was a dollmore Ipsae I got in 2006.

I had gotten scammed aound 2012 and was so hurt I sold all my dolls and quit the hobby. I came back awhile ago, a little older and wiser. I love all my new dolls but I do miss my old ones some times :aheartbea

7. I sold my first about a year after I got him. He was a mini and my crew had skewed heavily toward the large dolls, so he didn't really fit in anymore. So I passed him on to another owner.

8. Got my first doll in Aug 2006 and my second in May 2007. Was away from the hobby/ community for quite some years, but my two boys have always been with me.

9. I still have her right now, but I'm trying to sell her. If she doesn't I'll likely keep her and send her out for a proper faceup. I still like her a lot, just not sure she works for what I want now.

I do have one of my first dolls though, got her in 2007! I can't see ever getting rid of her and I sent her out for a faceup already! :)

10. I ordered my first in December of 2006 and got her in January 2007. She is still with me and the most spoiled of the lot. :)

11. Sold it because I made the mistake of buying a white skin doll. He was already old, yellowing, and had a few cracks(bought him preowned) and I just didn't want to deal with the possible headache of it getting worse. The person I sold him too didn't seem to mind.

12. I have had my first doll for about 4 years and I can't see me ever selling him. When I first got him I loved him but I always kept his box and papers because I assumed I would some day sell him, but now I just can't see that happening. I haven't sold any dolls yet (I only have 3) but I don't know if I'd ever be able to sell any of them honestly >.<

13. I sadly, and regrettably, sold my first girl - a RS Dai. I'm horrid when it comes to big resin bodies (thankfully small I can manage)...and she just sat around...and around...until I finally sold her. Then, I think, less than a year later the idea dawned on me to hybridize my big resin onto vinyl! Go figure, right? Ah well, at least her new owner was a BJD newbie and was very excited to have her so I'm sure she went to a good home. I truly hope that I'll be able to get a hold of a RS Dai head and hybridize in the future (same with another resin boy I had sold).

14. I do still have my first. He is my favorite a Doll FamilyH Lyndon and I don't ever see myself getting rid of him.

15. Yes I still have her (Lati Yellow Lami) and I never want to sell her, she's just perfect to me.

16. Sell my first doll? No way, would be like selling a child.

17. I sold it. I was trying to shell a specific character, and she wasn't quite right. Plus, there's no way I could have afforded more than one at the time. My tastes changed, too, so I don't feel too bad. But she was lovely.

18. My first doll will turn ten this March! And I have never considered selling her. She has been complete for a long time so she doesn't get as much attention as the dolls I am still working on, but she's my beauty and the collection would feel so empty without her.

19. So far I am so in love with her I will barely handle her...so can't imagine selling Ashanti!

20. When I started in the hobby I got a Fairyland Puki Puki to see how their famous engineering was. For comparison I ended up getting a RS doll around the same time. Last fall I sold the Puki Puki to fund a new doll. The RS doll fell to be subject of modding from the start so it's still hanging around. :lol: