1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it? - Part 2

Jun 4, 2016

1. I still have the first doll I purchased for this hobby. I have no plans on selling him,ever.

2. My first doll is a DOD Homme Ivan and he's still with me now going on to my 7 years in the BJD hobby! Well, I don't know if I will ever sell him but if I do, it will probably be because I quit the hobby or some other major reasons. I think it's really true that for most people the first doll always have sentimental value! :)

3. I loved my first doll to pieces, but my taste has changed and she has been sitting untouched for more than a year now, so I'm seriously considering selling her to someone who would perhaps appreciate and love her more.

4. I love my first doll and I don't think I'll ever sell her. Even if my taste changes in the future I'm sure I can restyle her so I can fall in love with her again. I've had her for almost three years and recently have done her facup again so she fits better with my current taste and idea of her, and I'm quite sure it will be like this in the future and she will evolve with time.

5. My first doll was a Luts Bory, and I did love him. But I ended up selling him when I started liking more mature, SD-sized dolls better.
      But I still have pictures of him, and though they're very amateur-ish, I still cherish them.

6. My first doll is a DoD Code no.02 and he is still with me :)

7. I wasnt thinking about whether or not i really liked the doll i was buying, and reqlized after i purchased her that i wasn't a fan. So sometime within the near future I'll probably clean her up and sell her.

8. My first doll is a Dollzone Hid. Bought as a full set and he is still with me. But now with different styling ;)

9. I only just purchased my first doll last year, and while she does have sentimental value as being my first doll, and I still love the sculpt. I just still haven't really bonded with her very much. Part of this is probably partially because I've had her stored away 90% of the time I've had her, but when I take her out of her box she always feels so big. (She is a 1/4 scale doll). I wonder sometimes if I would be better suited for a 1/6, but don't want to sell her just in case that isn't the case.

10. I have 2 dolls that I consider my first as they arrived near the same time: a Volks MSD Mario and a Volks SD13 Kira hybrid (on a SD body for some reason). I got both around 2004? I think. I quit the hobby for about 8 years, and sold all of my dolls except for them and a Volks Kohya. I may have sold them too except for the fact that they have never been popular molds. During that hiatus they lived in boxes and I rarely looked at them.
      Today I am happy that I didn't sell them and doubt that I ever will. Although my tastes have changed somewhat, I do still enjoy the old school BJD molds. They look exceptional in trendy punk and gothic Lolita fashions that I think are really interesting (but can't personally indulge in because I'm old:).

11. My first doll, Shiwoo, turned 10 last November, and I would never sell him. He's way too emotionally important to me to ever give up. :)

12. I have all the bjds that I have ever bought and I will never sell any of them. I will continue to buy more but will never sell any.

13. My first doll was a DOD Ean back in 2009 and she's still with me today. No plans to ever sell her. She's always been one of my absolute favorites. :)

14. I'm new to the hobby, getting my first girl, a LY SP, just last month. There is no way I could ever part with her. I love her too much. I look at her and my heart melts.

She has two sisters, another LY SP and a LW SP, that I have adopted in the ensuing weeks since getting Louve. I don't see me ever parting with Aurelia and Bijou, respectively, either.

The fam will be growing a bit yet and they will also have a home for life. I just can't part with my girls. I love them too much.

15. Keep. My 1st doll is from the 1999 parts kits so she would be hard to replace any way.

Also keeping the 2nd.

16. My first doll is currently my only doll. He's a DikaDoll Shall. Doesn't really match my aesthetic at all, but I love him to pieces. He was a gift from a very kind friend. I can't imagine ever parting with him, no matter what. Even though he's not the kind of doll I would have picked out for myself, we suit each other perfectly. He's got a huge amount of sentimental value.

17. My first doll is currently still with me. I'm planning on overhauling my collection, which is presently him and three floating heads. So, they'd probably all go to make way for three new dolls.

As high as the sentimental value of my first doll is, I've come to realise that our time together has come to pass. The time has come to move on. Alex was a major help to me through a rough time, but I have new characters - new 'friends' - helping me through new hardships. I will miss Alex, at first; it's only natural that I do. But, I'm not selling him until I have his replacement here with me, to ease the hardship of saying goodbye to an age-old friend.

18. I got my first doll back in 2009. I still have him, selling him has never even come up in my mind and been an option for me.
      If I ever lose interest towards this hobby, I would still keep him even after selling other dolls. He would remind me of all the good things that have happened to me in this hobby.

19. I just got mine. :lol: He's a Migidoll Ell on a Beyours body. Unless my taste change so drastically that I suddenly don't like him at all (and I doubt that), I think I'll be keeping him. Even if I leave the hobby I'll probably keep him on display. I might swap out his body if it yellows out of sync though. Or if things get really bad just buy the same mold if he is still being produced.

20. I'm planning to sell both of my first dolls so no. I love them dearly, I am just dissatisfied with their faceups and sizes, and there are dolls that I want more that I need the money back for.