1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it?

Aug 12, 2009

1. I could never give up any of my dolls. First or not, they are my friends!

2. The first doll I received was a Volks School A but I first ordered a Soom Lazule that didn't come until later, so which one counts first? ^^;;

I have the Lazule, I don't have the school A lol

3. Well, my very first doll is one that I actually share with my mom - our first Luts Soony (we now have 3!). We still have her, and she's just as gorgeous as the day we got her ^-^

As far as the first doll that was for only me, not my mom, that was an Elfdoll Soah. Pretty as she was, she just wasn't quite what I was looking for. I found her a new home late last year. It felt kind of strange, but her new owner seemed to love her a lot, so I'm happy with it. :)

4. Yeah, I've still got Kiril.... I'll admit, at times I seriously considered selling him when money got too tight (and again when I came across another doll that fit a mental image of him), but I can't let him go. I'd say he's my favorite, but they're all my favorites, if that makes sense. XD;

5. I still have my very first Resin head..she's a modded Soony..I bought her with a faceup I liked and she's had it since 05.. but she is now in my spa to have an updated look..

my first total doll though is long gone and he was a MSD Dollzone Shuang.

6. i have loved my Aaden since the first day i laid eyes on him. he is just so wonderful to have around. i cant see myself parting with him at all. i love him to much to ever do such a thing :) dont get me wrong i love Seres and Bella Rose as well, but Aaden is my dream guy ^^;;

7. Phineas, my Abadon and first-ever, is indeed still with me and still the apple of my eye. He's sitting on my dresser in my bedroom, along with 3 or 4 more of my crew who've recently returned with new faceups or who've just arrived. I rotate out which dolls stay with me in my room and which stay in my craft room, but Phin is the constant center of the bedroom display.

8. I'd never sell Callahan no matter how much you offered me...he was my first and he's been with me through some very tough times. He's got a special something that I don't think any other doll will have for me. I really could never give him up. :aheartbea

9. My very first doll is still here. He is still my top of the list dream doll and favorite. If I suddenly could only have one doll, he would be it. :pcake

10. Riddick's still here, and he's staying.

11. I still have my first doll. I have had him for three years now. He is a kid dollmore boy aidan, and is still in good condition, save for some flaking of his blushing, but other then that he hasnt yellowed or anything. He isnt my favorite sadly, since my tastes have changed, but he is still special to me and Id never sell him.

12. I cannot imagine selling my first boy!
      I love him the most, and will never let he go!

Maybe he will be old and yellow, but still these changes dosent mean anything to me

13. Not even. I was really off base with what I wanted when I ordered my first and his wide, staring eyes really threw me off. It wasn't until I got my second doll that I got hideously attached.

14. Absolutely! Getting Ichigo three years ago was my sole reason for even getting into this hobby. He is still my favorite, and as has been said before: I'd sell all the others before I ever would him. All the others are just to entertain/annoy him! :lol:

15. I could NEVER give up my first doll! Hes an Abio Angel ShiWu. I <3 my Asagi soo much. No matter what mold he is, I could never do that.

I am, though, thinking of trading up my 3rd doll :(

16. I'd like to say that I will never willing part with my Rowan. If I *have* to get rid of her, she's going to a friend or family member who will appreciate her and will still allow me to see her. I'd be absolutely devastated if I parted with her on a whim! While I love my other 2, and would love to add to the family, Rowan is my favorite. I am fortunate in the fact that she is an easily replaceable model (and on the cheap side too). So if something truly awful were to happen (ie a fire or burglary) I could replace her. Though, I don't know if it'd be the same.

17. It seems to me it's the mold that could be replace, but what about the face-up?

18. I traded away my first and second dolls, (bobobie erins pink and purple) for an MSD that I adore! I loved my first dolls but i wasn't as attached but more afraid of my first. Evil little sucker o.o

19. Yes, I still have my first doll and she's one of my favorites. I don't plan on selling her for a long time, same with the rest of my dolls.

20. Still have mine. :)