1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it?

Aug 12, 2009

1. I wouldn't give or sell my doll Note, I only got him a week or so ago but I don't think I could ever get rid of him. My grandparents bought him for me, my first doll and I've always wanted him.

2. Lol. And they do a good job of annoying him.. Im sure its more entertaining to you. XP

3. I'd never have the heart to get rid of my first! XD I've kept my first AG and my first Pullip. There is too much sentimental value involved to get rid of them.

4. I could never get rid of my first doll. I look at him as the doll i instantly fell in love with, instantly had a connection with. You cant find that form of connection in another doll afterwards. Sure you can connect well with other dolls and other characters, but nothing is quite like your 'first' lol.

5. He is still with me and in pretty good condition

6. I'm pretty sure that I could never part with my first doll! :)

I've had her for a year now (feels like less XD ) and she's like my second sister. She's been the one I grab to hug while crying after what I thought was a good boyfriend turns into a bad ex, the one who I carried with me to 5 different states, the one who helps me get through the struggles of my illness, the one who gets me into the outside world, (yay photostories!) and the one that led me farther down the awesome path of art and writing. Also the one who made me buy a camera for the only purpose of spamming the gallery threads and photostory threads here in the first place! XD

I'll be honest, I have had one or two thoughts of selling her though. For example: Wanting just boys in the begining, her posability could always be better, thinking of trading/selling her for a boy, and probably due to frustrations when things broke ( her cat and bunny ears, but I'm fixing those) but every time I think to myself "I'm just acting insane!" I really couldn't be happy without her. XD And every time I do come close, I ask my family for advice. This came from my dad, who let me use the money to buy her. "I don't think Grandma would like it if she knew you sold the doll you bought with the money she left you." And he's right, now that my grandmother has passed away, I feel like I have to keep my first doll. Ren is now a great way to remember my grandmother. :) Grandma was not the type of person who would let me sell a doll. My attic is still full of other-non BJD dolls she bought me. XD

And besides, Ren is just super adorable. No possibilities of ever letting her go. XD She looks so sweet and angelic, but that's really her way of turning somebody into a slave for life!

7. I love my old skin broken down Volk's SD13 Nono ~*Alice*~ I could never part with her <33

8. I bought my first doll, a SNG Javi, completely on impulse. He was a limited and I was seized by fear that I'd never find him again, so even though I'd been saving for different dolls I went for him. I'm glad I took the plunge. He's currently going through faceup and personality revamp (and I think I'll change his name too... >_<) but I haven't considered selling him. I think we're going to have many happy years together, and even if I someday decide that I'm no longer interested in dolls I think I'll keep him in a box somewhere and take him out to look at now and then, for old times' sake. :)

9. Oh no, I sold him about a month after I got him?
      I only got him because at the time he was the only SD sized doll with elf ears (this was awhile back obviously!!).
      But I didn't know what to do with a boy, so I let him be adopted to a new home.
      I've had many dolls come and go since then anyway.
      Nowadays I know what I like better (though my judgement is sometimes still imperfect) so I'm more likely to keep what I buy... for a longer time anyway!!
      ^^;;
      Raven

10. I sold my first doll [AoD MoLan] I regret doing it now, but I just bought another one XD I couldn't help myself I missed her too much. I know it wont be the same doll but seeing her face again will bring back so many memories, I dragged her everywhere, her first day here there was a hurricane passing by and I had no umbrella, I had brought her to work to show my boss [[i had been talking about her for weeks before so she insisted i show her what it was]]

well she gave me a ride home and I had to put 3 trashbags over her box to prevent her from getting wet it was raining down water like nobody's business. X3

11. My beloved Loki . . . a Tensiya Hound, is most DEFINATELY still with me, and in near perfect condition. :D

12. Yes I bought my F-15 almost four years ago now and he's still in nearly mint condition. I love him so much :)

13. I still have him and I don't think I'll sell him. He was one of the first sculpts I loved and he's going to stay around for a long while with me. I have had two heads come and go for me, but I'm now starting to learn what my tastes are. I know I could get a new one of him if I really needed to sell him, but honestly there are so many things that make him mine (like the horrible first time one turns their back for a moment only to have their doll face first on the ground and something needs to be sanded out and so on). No.. I really don't think I could sell him (or at least not his head - bodies can come and go, really).

14. Yes, I still have my first boy. I don't think I'll ever sell him, but only time will tell, right?

15. My first was a graduation gift from my parents, so it would feel awkward to sell him. He's still here with me a little bit scratched and dented, but otherwise much loved.

16. No, I sold both the first two dolls I bought. (I'd bought them at the same time.) I sort of hated selling them because of sentimental reasons, but I realised that they didn't make my heart go pitty-pat anymore so it was time for them to leave.

17. My "very first" doll was only a "stop gap" to help tide me over 'till the doll I really wanted came home. She was very sweet and I had planned on keeping her but once Token got home I just felt rather...bleh about her and so I sold her about a month after I got my second doll.

18. I still have my first doll, I don't think I can bear to sell him ever lol~ :D

19. I sold my very first two! My Puki Pipi, I had her for about a year when I realized I didn't do anything with her at all! I never played with her. I took very few pictures of her, or anything at all! She was my very first. However, I sold her maybe 5 months ago, and her new owner now has her up for sale too! I feel bad for her, but it's whatever. u_u;

My second, I sold within two weeks. I opened the box and was disappointed. It was my fault, not enough research on the body type. I fell in love with the head, and well, she got here and it was very much a ruined experience off of the bat. However, her new owner loves her to death.

20. I haven't had him for too long, but I still have him! I'm really not sure who's the first since I ordered one, and then bought the other from a friend while I was still waiting on the other to be made and shipped, but they're both still sort of the first, and they're mine.

I wouldn't dream of letting them go.