1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it?

Aug 12, 2009

1. No matter what happen to my first doll I will never ever sell him. NO WAY:)! I remember how it was to get my very first doll. and it was magical. And I have so many memories. I might not play much with him anymore and he is mostly sitting in my room with his D.O.T friend. Hes not my favourite anymore but selling/ giving him away... I could never do that!

2. I still have my very first doll. Dollstown Estella, she is my darling and I will never ever part with her. If I were to have only one doll, it would be my Estella.....:aheartbea

xen :)

3. He might evolve... but I could never get rid of Nagi. I've had him for a year and a half and he just got a new faceup and complete cleaning. I've gotten a couple more dolls since then, but he's always going to have a special place in my heart. ^__^

4. I went through the dilemma of whether or not to sell my first doll a few years ago while I was in Japan. My style had changed, he wasn't really the character I'd gotten him for...but he also represented that first flush of the hobby and I was so fond of him. The idea of selling him was appealing, but freaked me out at the same time. I posted him for sale in the MP...then pulled the sale maybe two hours later, deciding that I really couldn't do it.

When I got home, my youngest sister started to get into dolls, mostly from having access to mine all the time. XD She took a liking to my first doll, and asked if she could 'borrow' him to hang out in her room.

The 'borrowing' has been going on since 2005. :) He belongs to her now; she's redesigned his faceup and character, though it took her a long time to do it, even with a lot of urging on my part. At least she'll actually list him as belonging to her in her DoA profile, finally. It worked out well for me; he's not part of my collection anymore, but I do get to see him, and I know he's with someone who takes care of him.

5. No sadly I was in early stages of hobby and the fact is I have no outside job, and I was on a limited budget stated that any dolls I wanted I had to raise funds. Which meant sell dolls I found flaws in my own eyes with. My first BJD was a Elfdoll Wu and he was great with his factory face up, but as my tastes changed in hobby I found myself wanting a different doll and so really no doll has stayed longer then 2-3 months. Except for my Shigure who has been with me almost a year. Followed by Ayame who has been here only 2-3 months so he has passed the test and will be here for a long time as well. As I have grown in this hobby I am finding what I want and so little by little controlling the urges to buy, which means soon I can stop selling. I have one last doll to sell and then any that enter shall stay. It took over 2 years and over 100+ dolls to manage this feat.

6. No, I sold my first doll. She was a cutie, but didn't pose well, and was a very unusual size. Being a for hire seamstress, I needed dolls that had more standard body dimensions.

7. I can't see myself selling my girl...she was the one who made me fall in love with bjds and has found a very special niche within my crew that none of my other dolls do.

8. All that remains of my first doll is its oldskin head. I changed everything else, but I would never part with Haruko. I tried, but he is so precious to me and represents all the times I was alone in the college dorm with my family living thousands of miles away and the one I had to talk to was Haruko. He is just the doll that took me into this fun madness; I could never do it, but dont judge those who do. I get attached to things and want to keep them around. ~Gus

9. Yes, I still have my first BJD. He's not my best poser and he's not so new anymore, but I've got a real soft spot for him. His character is the most fleshed out, he's the first I think about taking when I go places, and when I shop for guy's clothes I tend to get him the most stuff. I'm fond of all my dolls but it's no secret that he's my favorite!

At this point I've seen other molds that probably look more like how I draw him, but I don't know. I don't think I could ever replace him with a different mold. If I ever had to sell him I wouldn't get another "Faust", it just wouldn't feel the same. There's just too much sentimental value in him now. XP

I can totally understand not keeping your first doll though, if you don't like it don't bother keeping it, you know? You won't get fond feelings for something you're not satisfied with. ^^

10. I still have my first doll ^^ I was going to like "upgrade" him to WS but I decided not to, so now I have twin dolls :D

11. James was my first doll, and I still have him. I could never dream of parting with him.

12. I thought I wouldn't, but my tastes did change over time, so I did eventually part with my first doll. I still keep photos I took of him though! :XD:

13. yep shes still at home and I make new dress for her, she will not go away from here^^

14. Knowing that life can throw you curveballs, in an ideal setting, I would never sell my Soulkid Harang. But if it came down to rent/food/medical expenses/whathaveyou and she was the last thing I had or fastest thing I had that would sell, I would.

Ideally, however, never. As homely as I think she is, I've got more of an attachment to her than the rest.

15. I still have my first doll, but I can't say that I'll keep him forever. In fact there are many times I've entertained selling him, but for now, he's safe.

16. If selling Anya was the only way to make sure I was fed and still had a place to live, I would do it. After I pitched a complete and utter three-year-old tantrum, mind you.

17. I don't think I'll be able to sell my first doll.
      I chose her carefully, she's almost a year with me now and since I chose her (or she chose me lol) to be as close to my ideal as possible, i'm still not disappointed. So I guess, it's a "no", not selling her. Maybe only if i happen to be in a huge need of money and looking for any fundings possible, maybe only then i'll reconsider.Otherwise, she is mine forever ^^

18. YESH! I still have my first doll.. Considering I only got her in Feb. Lol. But I don't think I'll EVER sell her! EVER! She has inspired so much! And is gonna be part of my story, and OC! I would never sell her. She already means to much! <3

19. I still have my very first doll! She's my beaut and everyone I've met loves her.
      She's a gem and I will probably never sell her :)

20. I sold my first doll pretty fast. It wasn't a very well thought decision. The same with my second doll. Now I finally know what I want.