1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it?

Aug 12, 2009

1. My first doll is still with me. It's him who brought me to the world of bjd``

2. My first doll is the only one I have! XD

I love her, very much. And the only way I'd ever give her up would be to update her body with an A-line. If that counts. I love her too much to just get rid of her.

3. My first doll is still here, parked atop my shelf and looking smug. He's covered in clothes stains though (and he's an obitsu, so I'd be amazed if they ever come out) and he somehow has a very dirty nose, but he is still here, mine and precious

4. I actually sold all of my dolls (first, second & third) because my tastes had changed and I wanted a fresh start. Sometimes I'm sad about it and I consider buying those molds again, but I know that the dolls I had would never fit with the ones I have planned. I do intend to bring their characters back in new shells though. :)

5. yes - i did. i love love roshald. in general my tastes have changed to bigger dolls i think (she is an msd). but i love her more all the time.

6. I'm never selling my first girl! I've spent way too much money on her, buying her a new body and nice faceup! ;)

7. Kori is not going anywhere *huggles him to death* I could never see myself getting rid of him, even if I left the hobby. The little squirt has clawed his way into my heart and is not leaving anytime soon :love

8. I could never sell my first! She took a lot of work to get,
      from deciding on her mold to paying payments on her every
      month till she got home! I'm completely in love with her from the
      day i first saw her in her lil box! :D

9. My first doll was a Dollshe SA Husky. Not only do I still like the mold very much (along with Saint, probably my favorite Dollshe) but he has been discontinued a long time, so yes, he is staying with me :)

10. I can never dream of selling my first doll... I bought her almost at random, and didn't like her first, but now, 5 months later I've really bonded with her. since she is what took me into this hobby, It'd be hard to sell her.....

11. My first doll was Soom Kyrie and I don't think I could ever let her go. I've invested so much time and love in her and she started my love affair with bjds which just gets stronger with time.

12. I could NEVER let Shima go O__O' I love my spoiled doll x3

13. I will definitely keep my very first doll!!! He is the one whoes differs a lot from all other dolls!!! Since now, I only have 1 dolls with the second one on the way home, I will never leave both of them!!

14. My first doll wasn't planned - I saw him, I fell in love and I bought him. ^__^ We've been through so much together (stains, dirt, planes, faceplanting, chips, sorrow, angst, etc) that I could never part with him. He is my favorite and I'm sure, no matter how much I love all my other dolls and how much I'm gonna love my future dolls that if I need money, he's gonna be the last to go away.
      <333

15. I still have my first doll, and I think I could never sell her or anything.
      I Think she will always be my favorite, because I waited so long before I bought a doll.
      So when i finaly got her I was so happy, to have the doll I wanted so badly. And I only have to look at her and she makes me happy:lol:

16. My first doll was literally on a whim, and sadly I got her because she was affordable for me at the time. Sadly because I didn't prepare like I should have, I ended up selling her and buying the doll I really wanted (which ended up being almost three times as much as my first doll) I've learned my lesson though... :P

17. I kept my first bjd. Alexander is tiny and adorable and I've never had a hard enough time financially that I looked at the bebe and said "you must go".

Also, he was the one that took me the longest to pay for, even being a tiny little thing, so when I got him I was very proud of myself and excited for him. He has everything I want in a doll, being posable, the most adorable little personality, and a look that I think is pretty unique for him.

Now if only I could make a decent outfit for the poor kid :P

18. I still have my first doll, Ivy. I waited a long time for her to arrive. She maybe the "only child-like" doll I own but I still love her. She has a very bossy personality and a cute smile that I love to death. :)

19. Hmm, well my SM Namu head and MD Jina head got here at the same time. I would never sell the Jina, he's my first real "dream doll" and a gift from my family. The SM Namu is probably going to be replaced by SM Cass, so yes I'd sell him.

20. still have :3

he's going to have to be pried out of my cold, dead hands before i get rid of him XD