1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it?

Aug 12, 2009

1. well, my first doll was a gift from some really dear friends, so she's not going anywhere 8)

2. I can't imagine EVER selling my first doll. I love her to pieces and I spoil her rotten. :)

3. Yep... Harumatsu & Tien Jen (my Shiwoo/Dreaming Shiwoo twins and first dolls-) are still here and still favorites.

They're going nowhere. :)

4. Yep. Masa, my Isao, is still my favourite. He's not going anywhere ever. :)

5. Her head yes, but I'm dying to upgrade her body! :lol:

6. No he's been replaced in a way. I kind of grew out of the look of my first doll.
      I thought for a time that I could never sell him.
      The breaking point was when Volks Ryu was released and I knew I needed him and that I would no longer need my first boy if I won him.
      They have different names, styles, personality, etc so it is not like having the same doll but I think he fills the same 'space' in my collection an I am happy with my decision.

7. Of course i will.
      he was my first resin love,and i wont give him away, i didnt think on sell any of my boys, XD they are PRICELESS

8. Yes, I still have my first doll, and I'm not about to sell him anytime soon. *hugs*

9. Of course. I am a doll lover =w=
      I keep all my dolls, include the barbies I had since I was 3. XDD

10. Nope, I sold him. It got to the point where I liked my other dolls more than him, and did nothing with him. he was very big, so I think that's part of it.

11. I thought I would NEVER sell my first two dolls. (I ordered them a week apart, and received them a week apart, so I had two firsts. :sweat) However, after about two and a half years, I realized my tastes had shifted, and I wasn't doing much with my original dolls anymore, so I sold them to focus on my newer boys. I haven't regretted it for a minute - they got new homes, and I only have dolls I adore. :)

12. Yes, I eventually sold my first doll because I never ever really was able to bond with her after a while because soon after I grew out of the style of mold she was. I began to favor more realistic styled dolls after studying more figure, and painting classes. I'm currently still searching for a mold that will suit her though, but it's been pretty tough finding one that fits just right.

13. Heck yes! I will never give up Shiwoo! XD

14. I sold my first doll. I don't really regret it though, I didn't develop his character very well and I discovered that 60cm is just too big for me (even though I loved his head sculpt)

15. Awww yes i still have my first doll which was a DZ floy , he has a special place in my heart and the one i adore the most , i always try to spend a extra bit of time with him then my other boys XDDD

16. XD. Can totally identify, wording is win tho.

17. My first got sold a while back after 2 years me, I've since regretted it an the mold will be returning sortly:)

18. I still have my first doll (kyoshi) and he will never go :) he's the only one I'd like to stay with for the rest of my life.

19. Yep, still have good ole' Elf Ducan. My first BJD ever. I have to stop the dust from collecting on him, sometimes.:kitty2

20. I did not keep my first doll.

‘MSD's are to small imo
      ‘didn’t bond
      ‘drama while buying him

I don’t regret it.