1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do height differences in the same 'family' bother you?

Mar 9, 2005

1. I don't care about the sizes of my dolls I have both sizes and I like how they look together ^^ :D

2. Not really...
      As a matter of fact, my MSD and my El are almost engaged! :oops:
      I mean, they seem to like each other very much and stay together all of the time.
      Anyways, they are almost the same age, despite their physical appearance.
      They are spirits of nature, so no human beings :daisy

3. I love both my MSD and big kids equally and it works out well for the MSD to be younger siblings. Every once in a while though, when I am doing a photoshoot and I have one of my big boys standing with a MSD, it seems like they are towering over them. It works best to have them sitting together -- the scale seems fine then.

And I felt similarly about my DOD - their faces seemed too mature for their size. They are so beautiful, but I just couldn't picture them as younger siblings, so now they are living happily with a new mom.

4. Well, Odette's an only child. (LOL) But Adelais has a huge family, bein' an elf and all... Odette's a Mir- she has a fairly young face- so I don't think I'll have as much an issue of "they're too old-looking" with her... Adelais is ElfTtory- and since El is a Delf- They'll prolly look related anyhow...

Anyway.... Now I have no fears- except for some silly things, like... "Where the CRAP am I gonna put him!?"

5. 60cm dolls are definitely easier to sew for I think. Nate stil doesn't have a shirt!...

Nate: How long am I gonna have to wear that santa suit? Xmas came and went already.

...As far as scale goes, Nate looks just like Kai's younger brother, and that's cool. They're just arent' that many MSD sized dolls I want, especailly sine I got them to sew for.

6. Myself, I think the larger SD size and the MSD size look fine together. I plan on getting a CP Shiwoo to be my DoD U's older brother. To me they look like they're related anyway. lol But I think it comes down to a personal thing. I don't even have my DoD boy yet (4.5 weeks!!) and I'm already busily planning for his larger brother.

7. I am in the EXACT same situation.

8. Not at all - the little ones are all about 7-8 years younger than my bigger ones (the bigger ones' children, in fact), so....

It does bother them a bit, though - especially Luke Alan, who wants to behave like an adult sometimes, but I told him he has to be a 13-year old still (ah...the trials and tribulations of trying to find a body for someone who has a variable age....). Aiko doesn't get bothered by it nearly as easily, but she's also less interested in romances - she prefers her books and such.

9. For me, it's down to the character of the doll in question. Panda (MSD) is meant to appear childlike and smaller compared to say, Este (SD13, in icon) and they look fine next to each other as a result. I'd be interested in seeing other makes of doll next to my Volks SD, but I think if the differences in scale bothered me, I simply wouldn't take photos of them together.

10. ... I've always more been worried about the sheer amount of -stuff- that comes with having two (or more) different sized dolls. I mean, I buy so much already... I'd be getting double the amount then! XD

MSD sized dolls often tempt me a lot, but so far I've managed to refrain. *clings on desperately*

11. I was wondering about how Unoa's would look with MSD's, particularly Blue Fairy's Tiny Fairy, i wonder if anybody can direct me to images of Unoa with MSD sized dolls please??

12. I agree, Loki... I think I might strike a compromise and get an angel region..

But... El!! :cry: So hard! I wonder if you can manage to get an SD into an DOD bag if you curl him up?

13. I have just ordered Narae, but to be honest I would prefere her as SD. the problem is, that I prefere faces and bodies of dolls like Narae and Unoa... But it would be great if there were bigger... well, just need to wait for another wersion of Sasha to have a big doll :P

14. I hope this topic hasn't been widely discussed before, at least I didn't really know under what terms to search, and thus I didn't find any topics of this subject.

I was wondering - if you have both, MSD and SD-sized dolls, is there a relation between them? Do they live in the same 'world'?
      I know it is widely spread, and actually planned, that the MSD are younger siblings etc. of the SD, but are they for your SDs? Did you find other ways to explaining the size-difference if you dolls are *not* younger and older siblings/different ages?
      I think it'd be interesting to hear the different stories about this. :D

15. My little boys are the younger brothers of my big boys. Hopefully, I'll be adding a younger sister for Mitsu and Tsukio soon too. :grin:

16. When I get my DM Aiden he'll be my Hound's little Brother

17. My sister's Ani is my El's nephew. I can't think of a way to realistically explain a size difference between minis and fullsize dolls that are supposed to be the same age other than medical things like stunted growth. Of course, if your dolls aren't supposed to be "human", I'm sure you could give any reason you want to.

18. Well, I'll be getting Unoa boys with my Hound. To explain the relationship I'd have to go deeply in depth to story, so I'm not going to bother with that route. ^^;

Instead, let's see. The thing about Akiva and Vijaav is that I'd always wanted them to be smaller than other dolls, but all MSD-sized bodies are way too childish. They're smaller, yes, but they were never meant to be children. That's why the Unoa boys are so great, they can easily pass to be as old as SD13s can be, just not as big. Sooo, my twins will LOOK about 19 or so, but in actuality be much older. Their relationship with my Gremory will be sort of like roommates. With the twins being as old as they actually are, they can pretty much take care of themselves and Grem isn't too keen on playing babysitter anyway. ^^;

19. I tried once, I really did.

I failed miserably. =o_<=;;

20. Mine are brothers, Do. Bermann (if I can get him) will be their elder brother and Petit Ai Uriel will be Liam's school/playmate or brother depending on how they look togeather.