1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do height differences in the same 'family' bother you?

Mar 9, 2005

1. My U is supposed to be around 15, and Kai 17-18. They're not supposed to be related, Tero's just a little short. :oops: Kai's SD sized, so I don't think it will look as drastic as with the SD-13 sized dolls.

2. Nai is Ephram's nephew. They're actually only 10 years apart, so Ephram's about 18, and Nai's 8.

Outside of saying the MSD is a dwarf or something, I don't think I'd be comfortable with a SD-MSD romantic relationship, and even then not unless it was a mature-looking MSD. It's just too creepy and pedophilic-looking otherwise. :oops: Not saying anyone is a pedo! It just looks bad, to me. XD;;;

3. Once I have my CP Shiwoo, he will be the brother of my AR Ren. I still wouldn't mind a girl ren to give Nicolas a twin sister. >:D Akiya has a big brother and little brother too, but yet again, I don't have them. CH Uriel would be the little brother. :D

4. Really? Which one did you get?! (O_O)

x3 Can you imagine what sort of a hellion a younger version of Jerolyn would be? x3

(go hug Jerolyn for being cute. xD )

5. Daris (Too) is the son of Bella, (Lishe), and Alette, (Bee-A) is Bella's ward and Daris's girlfriend. They're immoral beings, but Daris is meant to be about 12 and Alette is 12-13. They're only just going through puberty, that's my excuse for their height, but I really don't find them that terribly short. :oops:

6. Wah, story time (again!):

Once upon a long long while ago, I ordered a FCS F13/SD13 girl (to be Valyntine, before Sylvie was released and Robin's Egg offered a gorgeous repaint on Yahoo!Japan, and...). Er, anyway, while I waited for my FCS to be complete, I bought a MSD Myu kit, unfortunately as something to hold my attention during the wait. Without going into too much detail, she was small, she was adorable, she...had absolutely no personality, no story, no nothing. I didn't realize it then, not having had any previous BJD experience, but I just could not bond with her. Sooo, I tried switching heads with an MSD Ken to create a hybrid Mika (before Mika was re-released as a kit). She was even cuter than before, but she was just as empty as her previous incarnation. This was before Jerolyn, before Justyn, before I knew much about Vincynt (who had only recently come into my life). The age difference was extreme, the size difference was extreme, and she had no place in what would eventually evolve into the World Ruinde story. Plain and simple, nothing jived.

Eventually I gave up on her - cute though she was. A tiny BJD (say, Yo-SD size...) works for my story. A MSD girl just...didn't. It was like she belonged to an entirely different world than Valyntine and Vincynt, and I finally decided to give her up to that other world and sold her. Haven't seen her since, but I've never regretted it for a moment.

I still see MSD that I think are as cute as candy (don't get me started on the MSD FCS F-10), but given my past experience I've come to the conclusion that MSD-sized BJD aren't for me. I almost got a DoD Tender Zen once, I've almost gotten a few other smaller BJD, then I remembered what happened with my first and talked myself out of it. There's just no room in my head for kids, I guess. (My hopefully someday soon to be Yo-SD doesn't count, since she's not really a "kid". Justyn doesn't either. XD) =^^=;;;

...You know, I always say these things will be quick, but then they end up being long and rambling and utterly boring. Kind of like that last sentence. =X__X=;;;

(Oh, and Jer totally got a hug. XD~)

7. I have three SD sized dolls and two MSD sized. Pete (Shiwoo Elf), Jasmine (Soom Dillui) & Stig (PW Segi) are all the big kids, while Pippa (SDC Kaede) and ConTagion (Serendipity Boding Alice) are of course much smaller. Pete, Jazz and Stig are all friends, though Pete & Jazz are romantically linked. Pippa isn't anyone's little sister, but she's sort of been 'adopted' by the big kids, and they all look out for her. ConTagion is Stig's new girlfriend, and so far there've been no problems whatsoever with the size difference, though the fact that 'Tagion is a plague angel who doesn't really conform to usual 'human' expectations does make it easier.

Lia

8. Right now, it actually looks like my conceptions for MSD sized dolls are "normal humans" and my plans for SD sized dolls are for things larger than life: minor gods, ancient elven bards, half-elf mutated beings...etc. SD plans seem to be unusual in some way, while MSDs are planned to be relatively normal. ... So, no. I don't plan on my MSDs and SDs being from the same world at any rate, although they'll be forced to live in the same one with me. :oops:

9. The adult bodied MSD sized dolls I have trouble integrating into photoshoots and stuff because they seem out of scale to me with the rest of the dolls I have access to (I did "dollfie" to my friends, and they've not yet forgiven me. :grin: ). I have a Volks MSD and a Volks 13 girl in my posession, and the two of them fit together fine. They have decided that they're cousins (I, of course didn't want a family relationship and have since threatened to shoot them...) But since I consider both ageless spirits who just happen to be trapped in the bodies they have, it's not a huge deal to me. They're in scale with each other, and that's what matters most to me. AND since all my friends have volks dolls as well, the scale and feel of the dolls is consistant among them, so I still don't have issues with the MSD and SD relationships. I did have trouble with my MSD and CP Shiwoo. I loved the Shiwoo, but he just didn't seem to fit well with either my mini or my friends 10 and 13 volks dolls. I'm nervous for the cory who seems to be in my near future.

10. My Cutie Delf Mary (~25cm), Cally wishes me to tell you that my 43+/- & 60+/- dolls are all her minions. *nodnod* :grin:

Ann in CT

11. Ok, here is my two cents and my issues.
      I have heath coming in early Sept-ish (thx aznbutterfly!), who will be the embodiment of a character of mine.
      Now, his girlfriend, is supposed to be really small.These are humans, college kids. She's supposed to be short, and very slim, bordering on skinny. Small-breasted. There's an entire story behind why, because none of her family is that tiny. I was thinking an MSD would be perfect for the job, she SUPPOSED to look stunted, and almost child-like, even though she's an adult.
      but considering how Humongous Heath is, I'm just not sure that will work out. She comes to his shoulder, but an MSD would be too short...I don't know. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      [​IMG]
      Here is a pic to show the difference in size and Her build. Thanks fro the help!

12. x.x It took me a long time to work on this, but seeing as all my SD sized dolls aren't here yet it's not really "official" yet. O.o;

At first they lived in seperate magical worlds, where they couldn't see one another. Now, it's more of a difference in 'status' I guess.... Because my SD dolls are Royalty, and my MSDs are musicians with magical blood.

But we'll see how it all plays out when Orphe and 'Kisha come.

13. Thanks a great pic, dragonprincess! Have you thought of an SDC or Unoa. They aren't taller than an MSD, but they are slimmer and slightly more adult looking. There are a couple of people who have SD13s and Unoas in relationships and they look gorgeous together. :grin:

14. Hey cats!

Looking at Paris from Souldoll makes me want him - I opted for Harang instead 'cause he was mini-sized though. I thought, however, that after I get my Harang a lady friend I would get a larger sized boy.

The question is: How many of you have couples (of any orientation) in which one doll is full-sized and one is mini-sized? I know I've seen a picture or two around of a full-size boy and a MSD sized girl, but I can only remember one or two.

Pics and thoughts? Is it wierd? Are the proportions bunk? Is it pedophilia?

15. there's one in the gallery.

To be honest i think there's a lot of talk about a more perfect medium (as with... a size between SD and Mini) to match them ...because really... O.o its almost half the size of each other and would look rather... paedophilic... I mean.. given age might not be so.. and in real life it can look so... ... i dont think it works.

I mean..take slayers for example... Lina .. 16...vs Gourry..what...22-24? ... Their heights are off..but she's not half his size...maybe a head shorter...but not the height a mini comes to on a SD sized one.

16. i never liked couples between MSD and SD sized...

until I saw the unoa and bermann. They look so cute together... :oops:

17. IRL (In Real Life), some couples are VERY different in height. I have known a few of them; even a very tall wife / short husband combo. So I don't doubt that some really tall / short BJD couples may work, even if sometimes it's a tall GIRL. :oops: - And this applies to same-gender relationships as well as opposite. As long as they are not done up as or envisioned as minors with a non-minor SO, I have no discomfort with a big height difference, personally...

18. I think you would run the risk of creeping yourself out like that cos the height difference is huge

19. I think it depends on how old the mini looks. A lot of them are build with child-like porportions. Chubby fingers, baby faces...that sort of thing?

If you can find a mini who's features are more mature - slender fingers, mature face and body (maybe a larger bust?) then it could work I think.

=3 I would love to see more pictures of such doll couples.