1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we choose the doll(s) or do the doll(s) choose us? ^_^;

Oct 4, 2011

1. Dolls choose us. Definitely.
      If a doll decided it wants to live here with me....i will find the money in a matter of days, no matter how much is needed, Things will just start working out.
      If doll decides it doesnt but i want it anyway. Something will come up, money will run out even if i had it all planned. It just won't happen.
      It's like me and Sard. I could've had the guy hundreds times over but he just doesn't want to come.

And if i buy a doll just because i can, had money...cheap dolly. It never works out either : /

As for your other question...

Doll characters. I noticed this with most of my dolls (40+ ) They don't like characters you pick for them. Only few actually accepted an image i picked for them and it was more like " Okay...we'll play it for you..." More like actors.
      They already had their own ideas. Same with second hand dolls. I noticed the older the doll the stronger the character or the presence. I am very sensitive to things like that. Spirits and all. I can tell if there is something with the doll or not. Older dolls generally have more..."life experience " and feel different, but i also do have some empty shells. Dolls with no presence to them at all.
      They are all different too. Few who are always going out and to the doll meets or they will sulk for days otherwise XD Many prefer not to dirty their outfits and come out rarely.
      It pretty much goes like this: " Ok who is coming with me today? " and i wait for a response or contact.
      God i must sound crazy XD

To be honest i can't imagine anyone thinking all dolls are just plastic. I hear them creak at night i see them like and dislike eachother. It would be different if it was just me. Even my parents notice their moods.
      Even my co-worker saw my main boy and went. " Oh wow...he looks smug today. He really does knows his price and place, huh?" I'm like " Yeah, he is the patriarch " XD

2. I guess that the dolls choose us and some of my dolls have also chosed, who they are. Some people say that it's a bit creepy. Strangely, I know that some of my dolls actually hate each other...

3. Sha is the same way! XD When I first saw dream of doll's site and him, he was like...."I chose you! ASAP please and thank you!;)" I could not refuse and everything went smoothly to have him. ^_^ People see his emotions just as much as me. He scares people with his serious look but i see just cuteness unless I try to suggest something cute for him to wear DX....he will give me that look everytime:sweat It has to be his style or no no and more no!:lol:

4. This is such a great question! Personally, I think it's a little bit of both. I choose a doll, and if the doll connects to my hopes and dreams, the doll chooses me back. It's kind of like we're drawn to each other. I find that generally the dolls I don't bond with, or don't choose me, are dolls I bought on impulse. The ones I've thought about long and hard and done some research on, have been the right ones that have choosen me as carefully as I've chosen them.

5. I guess it's both in a way. With the doll that I'm saving up for, he definitely chose me- he temped me with his innocent face! And that is a contradiction within itself :lol: The same goes for the first doll that I fell in love with. He's still on my wishlist, despite the fact that I might never get him due to how expensive he is even without clothing, eyes, and a wig in mind. On the other hand, there are people who just can't bond with their dolls, and have to part ways with them. In which, it also makes us wonder whether or not it's us that can't bond with them, or vice versa. I have an on/off relationship with various dolls in my wishlist this way :sweat Some dolls, I think that I'll get along with, but in the end I realize that it won't work out, and it seems like they feel the same way as well.

6. Aww, thank you everyone for sharing! I really do enjoy reading everyone's experiences!:)

7. All i can say is my one and only doll at the moment is truly my dream doll! I suppose its safe to say that he chose me aswell because i have a natural bond with him and he is everything i want him to be >< i cant honestly say that i will ever buy another doll i love as much as this one :D He isnt fussy about anything and he will let me put him on show when i want him to be, he isn't violent at all haha except when i clean him but that will just be embarrassment bless him haha

8. Ahh, it simply had to be. I saw him and he saw me and then there was this audible click. And that's the whole story of Louis coming home to me.
      But I do think I could never get a doll just because I like the sculpt. It would be way too troublesome to come up with the character at that stage, I think. And there would be no emotion whatsoever to base our relationship on.
      Yet, Louis does love to act up! In every way possible, not just refusing some clothes. Naughty child~

9. I'm unsure. I just started, but I haven't really bonded with two out of the four I have... maybe it's a bit of both.

10. I am so glad you are bonding well with your dream boy nightmare2 and you have your hand full with your boy I see EldaB !X3 I hope you do get to bonded with your other dolls AnnabelleMei!:( Yes, when you make eye contact it is all over sometime...ok MOST times!XD

11. You are asking a mighty GOOD question! Sometimes, I wonder about it myself. I see pictures of the latest dolls, after a stern lecture to myself about saving money for "something important."

Rumors about the latest releases abound, teaser pictures might or might not have been leaked out to excited potential customers, and still, I tell myself to save money. "I have willpower!"

Yeah, right!

Then, of course, the latest pictures are shown, officially by the company, and I am sunk.

I think it might be something about the doll that might just reach out, through the pictures to claim a collector. Despite attempts at stern lectures, saving money, and "something important," the doll just seems to call out to a collector, "Here I am, please send airfare."

I have never had a problem with "bonding," and I'm not sure if I really understand the concept. I put good money down for a doll for a reason - I like him or her for whatever appeal caught my fancy, and I bring him or her home.

12. Yes!:lol: I completely know the feeling Miladyblue and Nami13! I am planning for another bjds then I saw another one and he is saying exactly what you wrote miladyblue: "the doll just seems to call out to a collector, "Here I am, please send airfare." Love that sentence by the way!:XD: So needless to say, that bjd is on the list to but the one I have plan gives me the look, "Oh, you are going to get me NEXT!:evil:" :nowords: (this bjd is going to be kind of mischievous to many:mwahaha) This is probably not going to help people, who are not into bjds, not be afraid of them.:sweat But I still got to get the other bjd next...:sweat