1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bother with eyelashes?

Nov 20, 2011

1. At first I didn't particularly like them or think they were necessary, but now all of my dolls have them. I don't like them to be oversized or curled up on girls or boys, but I find the doll doesn't look complete without them. And that's even when they aren't even obviously visible from a distance -- they seem to shadow the eyes just enough to add a hint of life. They can be a little obnoxious to apply, of course, but not so much that it deters me from handling my dolls, travelling, or putting them in the first place.

2. I like my dolls with eyelashes.. it just don't look right to me if my dolls don't have eyelashes.

3. I like my dolls with eyelashes also, I find they look prettier or cuter but some companies face up don't include eyelash so that is a bummer.

4. No, I dont, It is too much trouble to keep from smushing them. I play with my dolls alot, and sew for them. Once in a while, if I really LOVE the face up, I will put some eyelashes on them. But, by the end of the week they are completely mangled, so I take them off.

5. I love long eyelashes on all dolls, but I also prefer heavy/dramatic face-ups. Two of my current dolls were purchased from the MP without eyelashes and I've never been brave enough to add any. It bothers me that they don't have eyelashes, but I don't want to risk damaging the face-up. I've rarely had problems with eyelashes coming out once they're in, though. Out of 18 dolls with eyelashes, I've only had problems with one's eyelashes becoming loose and one's getting crumpled (and those were lower lashes).

6. Only the dolls that came with default face-up and the doll I did my first face-up on have eyelashes. I also don't bother much, they look pretty without them and since mostly the lashes come off at some point anyway (mostly because you change clothes), I don't bother changing them once they fall off.

7. All of my dolls have eyelashes ranging from short to dramatic. I feel it completes the look ^_^
      I'm really careful with my dolls in playing, posing, moving and dressing so the lashes are never an issue. Though I must say, when changing clothes, the lashes get moved around a lot but I've never had a problem where they started to fall off.

8. I always just do my lashes as part of the faceup. I don't really like the look of real lashes, except in a few cases....

Not to mention non-doll people call my boys 'girls' enough without them having long, luscious eyelashes. xD;

9. I have never had a problem with either of the two dolls that have lashes having them fall of for any reason, let alone changing their clothes. I just am careful I guess.

10. I don't simply because I lack the skills to do so. Last time I tried I ended up ruining the great faceup I did that I was super proud of AND the eyelashes themselves. Don't get me wrong, I love the look eyelashes give off, I just can't do them myself. I would if I could. (If the sculpt called for them of course, I find that Dollfie Dreams and most anthros don't really need them- so simply painted ones are fine).

11. I like eyelashes and I think that all my dolls have to be them, even if they are males or females. Maybe it always can depends of the doll's mold, but those dolls what I'm looking for and watching them with eyelashes, they have looked good with them ^^

12. None of my dolls have eyelashes, I found them too long to make them realist. I prefer to have good ones include in the make-up.

13. I bother with them, it gives a dramatic look and well.. I like dramatic looks.

We'll see if I change my mind later, I only had my doll for like 1½ weeks yet.

14. I prefer for my dolls to have them, though some of my dolls have very sparse or short ones depending on their overall look. I just like how finished my dolls look with them. I've sent several off for beautiful face-ups and asked the artist to apply lashes at the same time because spending the money on the beautiful artwork seems lost if they don't have that finishing touch. :)

15. None of my dolls have applied eyelashes. I don't like the way they look and much prefer dolls without them. It has nothing to do with the doll's gender either. My girly girls are also without applied lashes and I think they look better without them. The men not having eyelashes thing always bugs me. Most men naturally have thicker and longer eyelashes than women.

I've had dolls come to me with eyelashes, and so I've gotten really good at removing them without messing up faceups. I usually can catch artists when sending out heads for commissions and tell them to not bother with eyelashes as I remove them, but I've had a couple slip through that I've also had to remove. I feel bad since I can't imagine they're fun to put in, but, eh, not something I wanted.

16. I always like putting eyelashes on my dolls, I think it really adds an extra touch of.. I don't know, involvement? It makes them different from regular dolls, I guess, I just really like that touch. It makes them seem more.. human. I try to make sure that I'm totally happy with the faceup before putting eyelashes on, I'm to scared of MSC to redo faceups that ​much!

17. I do hehe my dolls male and his eyes are closed and i think it looks better when i fit eyelashes onto him :) and probably would if i had an open eyed doll

18. My boy has eyelashes. I think he should have his removed though haha.

My girl currently doesn't but I'm so used to her with long lashes I think I'll put them back. It suits her better.

I guess it depends on the doll, but I don't do face-ups so it's fine with me to have them on.

19. Some of mine do, some don't. It depends on the doll and if it looks right. I think they make Loki look far too girly and the little skater punk would kick my butt for that. lol Amir's eyes are partially closed and with lashes, they kind of block his eyes, so I took them out. Mike looks really good with them. Maddy looked kind of boyish to me until I added lashes. Lashes make Parker look more innocent and less bug eyed. So...yeah, really just depends on the doll to me.

20. i really like eyelashes, a lot. so, eventually, they'll all have thems sooner or later, when i buy some and decide to put them on. Most of my characters have very prominent eyelashes to give them a more surreal feeling. needless to say, i just really love them...