1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bother with eyelashes?

Nov 20, 2011

1. I dont have hair and my lashes are quicly disappearing too so I have the need to put lashes on my dolls to help make me feel better and I love that I can make them prettier with lashes. its just a fix for me...let my dolls look like I cannot

2. While the dolls I have no don't have lashes yet, I do love the look and I'll definitely add them when I redo their faceups!
      I just gotta find some more subtle ones because my boys will probably have a more "down to earth" normal realistic look, neither overly girly nor emo-styled or anything (not that I exclude ever making such a character) haha.

3. Sometimes not having lashes seems to kind of open up the look of some eyes--especially narrower ones. But overall I love long eyelashes!

4. I usually buy dolls with eyelashes already put in from the face-up. I pretty much leave them alone, I like them XD. I did get a ResinSoul doll that came to me with a face-up and no eyelashes...she looked like she could use some so I went through the horrible trouble of putting them in and I must say I think they look really great. I've seen plenty of dolls look wonderful without eyelashes...I personally just like them.

5. I tried on lashes on my doll for the first time and they didn't come out right but it still adds a nice little touch to the face.

6. I love the look of eyelashes on dolls! When I finally get the supplies to do my cheshire's face up I will be getting eyelashes for him. A black set and an accent colored set so they can be layered. I think eyelashes can be really neat when they are done with some patience and just add a little pop to a doll's face.

7. Yea I totally agree, they can pass without eyelashes, specially guys, I have removed the eyelashes out of my only male doll as I felt it gave his eyes a girly look.

8. I've tried putting lashes on my dolls, it just never seemed to feel right for any of them. Maybe someday I'll have one where it will.

9. I only care for eyelashes on a few dolls, all girls. I don't find it necessary on anything smaller than 1/4 just because you don't need lashes to look cute. But for my nature ladies the lashes are a must.

10. I love eyelashes. I feel it gives me more sass and personality. My girls look even more beautiful with eyelashes.

11. Normally I do love dolls with eyelashes but I saw a fantastic face up of a DC Christina on google. Her face up was veyr minimal, done in russet tones and her eyes had no lashes which added to the ethereal/alien look. So after seeing that, I would say it depended on the character.

12. I feel that eyelashes really enhance the face if applied correctly. They aren't necessary, but I think they are cool to play around with.