1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. Dose it count if I work from home? xD When I get my new dolls they will totally hang out around my computer as I work! However if I had a job outside of my home I wouldn't. I would be too scared of what could happen.

2. I don't think I've considered actually bringing them to work. I have showed coworkers pictures for sure and they usually find them interesting. I have so many figures and stuff at my desk though I don't think anyone would find it weird I had one there if it was smaller. I think most of mine may be too big though ><

3. I used to have them delivered to work back when I lived in the city. It was way easier than hoofing it to the post office. I've never brought them to work to display though. I guess I could. I have an entire art studio to myself here. But lugging 70cm dolls around day after day would get kinda...old? Maybe if I collected YOs! :XD:

4. Yes I do. I work for a large corporation from 3 to 11 pm Mon - Fri. I am an instrumentation electrician so I wait in my lab until something needs fixing. I am the only one here on this shift so I can pretty much do what I like within reason. I read a lot, read up on DoA and yes, I play with my dolls. I often bring stuff in to make a new wig or dress or something like that. Usually I will bring a new doll in so I can unbox it and look it over here in the quiet sanctity of my lab. It is very nice.

5. I have brought my tiny and MSD to uni once :XD: the people who saw them thought they were cute and of course I heard the "I'm scared of dolls but yours are cute" comment over and over again haha!

6. I think it would depend on the place of business. I work at a middle school in the middle of downtown memphis. NOPE not bringing my dolls in there with my kids. It'd just be a recipe for disaster. But if I had an office job I could see maybe bringing one to chill with me in my cubical or something if the boss didn't mind.

7. This sounds like a really fun way to share your hobby and I love how supportive and interested your coworkers are. I feel like my work would be the same way for enthusiasm, but not from my upper management. I feel like they would frown upon it.

I would love to be able to bring any dolls I eventually own to work with me but my concern would be it going missing or someone mishandling it or something like that. However, I feel like even if it's only once, I would most likely bring a doll with me to work.

8. I've taken my YoSD to work before, both with and without adequate protection/padding. But I never took him out of my bag - there were always people around, and I didn't want to have the inevitable conversations about the doll.

I have three vampire dolls now, and I'm thinking about taking one of them with me a week from now (Halloween) since she can work with a costume, if I plan it right!

9. No, I won't mix work with my private pursuits or as the saying goes "Don't mix work with pleasure". I'd be very concerned they'd end up getting damaged, also I might freak out folks who might not like dolls and wonder what it's doing sat around.

10. I work at a primary school, so I guess I will never bring my doll to work. People can have various reactions to dolls. I imagine my students will be overly excited about my doll, and who knows what can happen next. I do show photos of my doll to some of my closer colleagues and one takes particular interest on Gabriel (he's there as my avatar). She even plans to visit my house during holiday to see him in person. It's going to be fun!

11. Usually I don't bring them with me, because I work as a chef in a restaurant, and the kitchen is not the best place for them. But once I brought my Realfee Haru, because my boss was interested in the dolls (once he'd seen that I checked the FL site from my phone at our 5 minutes break, and he tought they are bigger and for another use... khem... "another use", but I said him, nope, they aren't for "that"), and on that day, little Haru went trough the whole reastaurant because everybody wanted to see her.
      And since that, sometimes they ask me about my dolls (last time when my boss asked me, "when will you buy the next?" I replied: "Yesterday! :D "

12. I've commented on this post once, but my situation has changed so I'm posting again. I have indeed taken my smallest doll Chloe to work twice. The first time was because I'd just gotten her and didn't want to drive back home and drop her off. The second time was because I wanted some pictures of Chloe in front of the library's Christmas tree (which I'd just completed). Both times ended well for dolly and dolly owner; Chloe sat up on the empty bookshelf behind my desk while I sat at the computer and did my work. I don't think any of my patrons noticed her either time. Still, I try not to make a habit of bringing my dolls along to work. They provide an unnecessary distraction and there's always that chance that they could get broken or stolen.

13. Haha! Actually, I just took my little bitty Island Doll An An to work with me today! It only works because she fits in my pocket, though. I couldn't bring anything more than a tiny with me to my job. She can't be seen on the sales floor, thus why she has to fit in my pocket, but she can sit on my desk in the office. I rarely bring her, but it makes me smile, even if nobody else sees her. ;)

14. I take a Pipos Vanilla Ringo nearly everywhere with me. He is a fun subject for random pictures. Most often seen in drinking establishments and while I should be working.

15. Yep. I work in a call center and my desk is in a corner. I even have a little stand just for them and am planning a couch or chair. Usually I am sewing new stuff for them at work. My coworkers already think I'm crazy. I don't bother verbally confirming.

16. No, I don't. I probably could if I wanted to since I'm generally alone all day in my own room in our tiny office but I prefer to keep my private life and work life separate.

17. if i worked then yeah why not, but im curious can we take dolls on the air plain ?

18. I didn't actually plan on brining her to my office, but I had to since I came from picking her up from the seller. I didn't show her though, kept her in her carrying case and didn't tell anybody what was inside the bag. Tomorrow, I'll be picking her up from the face up artist I commissioned and will have to bring her to the office again, and this time my colleagues are insisting that I show her to them so there you go.

19. i have barbies at work, my first and main squeeze lol. sometimes i wrap one up and stick her in my purse like a sort of comfort item. just knowing she's there makes me feel better. i have anxiety and bipolar tho. i'm too afraid of my bjd getting damaged to take her to work tho

i take my barbies to work, have a few who stay there, but i don't think i'd ever risk taking a bjd there.

#319 Sarasiacotos, Dec 30, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2016
    20. Sadly, I don't because I work in a lab where I play with DNA & RNA all night long (lol graveyard)! Wish I could though! I get bored on most nights x)