1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. Unfortunately I work in retail and I don't think it would be a very good idea. If I worked in an office setting or something maybe. But retail? That wouldn't go over well.

2. Unfortunately no. I'm a Barn Manager/Broodmare Manager at a world class show/breeding facility. It wouldn't end well between the horses and the lesson students and horse manure... I'm jealous of everyone who is able to bring their dolls to work. I wish I could!

3. Two of my dolls I brought in offis only once and only because it was after work I had a meeting with friends who have a dolls too. Colleagues looked and said that they are beautiful, but how much they are worth, I did not speak. I immediately put the dolls in the bag, that others collegues do not see them.
      About my hobby are very few people know, because show a lack of understandin, they think that frivolous hobby.

4. I'm a veterinary technician so having my dolls around a lot of crazy, bouncy dogs and fractious cats is not ideal. Also, my coworkers seem to think that my doll hobby is really weird. So it's a no go for me.

5. I work in a hospital, so I definitely could not bring my girls to work. Im sure it would be super unsanitary to do so, but I also wouldn't have anywhere to put them even if I wanted to lol. It is awesome for the people who can bring them to their workplaces though!

6. I cannot. I work in a warehouse. I would have nowhere to put my dolls. They would be stolen or broken. Plus, it's filthy in there. If I had a desk job, I would absolutely bring them.

7. I work in photography, so when my dolls arrive I do plan to bring them on a photoshoot session to have their own photo session as well ;) and what's great is that my photographer is already curious about them and willing to capture them professionally for free :XD:

8. No, I work as a cashier currently and it's not very practical having any of my dolls with me, sadly. :( I would if I could, though! I have shown pictures of my dolls to a couple of coworkers who were interested, and they seem to like them a lot, so that will have to do for now. xD

9. Depends on the day and situation. I actually did cause I was so happy and I need to show & tell! :dance But honestly, I don't want to cause somebody might steal it from me! :shudder

10. I've never brought mine to work because I babysit a 2yr old and that just seems like a disaster waiting to happen but, I have brought them to school before. My art teacher loves when I bring them in. He thinks they're fascinating.:3nodding:

11. Like a lot of people here, I work in retail, so probably not! I'd like to bring Aelic when I'm behind the jewelry counter, it'd give me something to talk about with customers. But I'm sure that would be against store policy. :sweat (Also I might be tempted to buy charms for Aelic, because he wears necklaces... :lol:)

12. I'm not sure my dolly would do very well at my work--I'm never at my desk. Bringing one might have worked today, as I was trying to fix an IT problem, but the doll would have to stay at my desk when I went to deal with animals (I could hardly bring one into the animal facility--it wouldn't be clean, but even besides that, it sounds like a recipe for disaster. That's actually why I responded to this prompt, however. The mental image of a doll in the animal facility. The smell--eek!)

13. I work security at a large international engine company, and yeah, I bring a dolly to work with me sometimes. Usually when they need a new hair do. My boss used to be a beautician, and she likes to give me dolls dos, like French braiding their hair for me. I have the coolest boss ever!

14. Uh... No. I don't think that would be accepted in my workplace!

15. The staff rooms where I work aren't safe for dolls. They're more like broom cupboards than actual rooms. People are always running in and out with heavy equipment. There'd be no space for my SD unless I held her in my lap. Besides, she'd get weird looks from my colleagues. She'd be too much of a distraction, so she gets to stay home.

16. No, but I bring my cats to work.

17. Haha, I wish! Be great to take photos in the place I work cause of the rustic look of the shop hahah, but my old work I did take him in once to take photos with my doll friend who collect pullips hehe :D [​IMG]

18. I work for a university and there are students, staff, and faculty members in and out all day so I don't think it would be the safest environment. Also some of my co-workers have seen photos of the dolls and think they are freaky so I think they would be too judgemental:pout:

19. I had my first doll with me at work .... but only once or twice ... because one of my co-workers are really into Dolls :) and she hasn't seen a BJD yet in real life :) .....

20. I used to take her to the office I worked at in college. My coworkers loved to see her and weren't surprised at all since I also kept a rubber duck and a realistic toy squirrel on my desk. Right now I work retail at a stall in a large indoor market; there's no room for her and I couldn't keep a close eye out for thieves. As for my other job, acting...I used an OT antique doll as a prop when I did a haunted house, and I can definitely say never again! Too many grabby hands.