1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. Nope, that wouldn't go over well as a male collector. I barely let my friends see them. They all look at me a little cockeyed.

2. No

3. No!) Don't want to frighten people)

4. Definitely not, I won't be able to keep an eye on them all the time, and I don't want them to get stolen or lost or have curious people who don't know their value judge them or mishandle them and/or dirtying/damaging them in the process. Though I imagine it would be a different matter if you have your own office. :)

5. I dun think I will be distracted from work if I bring them to my office, but I'm afraid that people will be curious about them and touching them without my permission. So I will not bring them to work.

6. I've brought two of them over just because I had talked about them before and everyone was curious about them. One was my MiniFee Rendia and the other my giant Dollshecraft David Kuncci, but they both stayed in their boxes all day since I move around a lot and I'm very rarely sitting at my desk unless it's slow.

7. I know that I have answered years ago in this thread, and although I don't take dolls everyday to work as I used to, I still occasionally do take a doll or two, especially when I am sewing an outfit. I still work in the same job with mostly the same people, so the trustworthy atmosphere is still the same as 2011, and most everyone knows that I am 'weird' anyways, so dolls bring no surprise, especially among the other toys on my desk...

8. yes but only my tiny since she is small and doesn't attract that much attention. I am still a little bit anxious to bring my msd ones to work however I like to bring along my 2 msds when I travel :)

9. I don't have a bjd yet and I'm 14. So I don't have a job. But, if I'm older and have a job, I probably wouldn't bring my bjd.

10. omg never lol!! i'd be SUPER paranoid if someone were to steal it or something. i'm generally very paranoid of ppl even being near my stuff lol like even if someone just touches a pen of mine i don't like it.xD or if people are near my stuff when i'm not there.;_;
      i used to have my stuff broken, stolen or vandalized A LOT when i was a kid and teen so now i'm just....super paranoid. lol

11. I would not bring my bjd to work, I would feel to insecure that people would think me weird and find it creepy.

12. Never. I work at a restaurant so even if I wanted to, there are a lot of reasons why I don't.

13. I work at a library in the archive, and I used to be able to bring one of my Littlefee with me, because I was tucked away in the back with the old microfilm machines doing cataloguing. We've gotten new machines now, and they're no longer hidden away like that, so I've stopped.

14. I do on occasion. I don't mind if my coworkers think I am more nuts than they already do.

15. I work from home so they're here all the time.

But I have tucked a small doll into my handbag when I was at some high stress events and needed a little bit of comfort. (One being a funeral with a lot of drama and screaming going on because the deceased's relatives were nuts. Never brought it out around the crazies, excused myself when I needed a little dolly time for destressing)

16. I bring my dolls to work sometimes, mine are yosd so are ez to bring ard. My colleagues are ok wif them too

17. Well, currently, all the work that I do do, I do from home. But when I was doing my art work in a studio with a group of other artists, I contemplated bringing one of my dolls for some still life modeling. I never did, though-- that particular studio could get pretty chaotic, there was often paint flying, clay covering every surface... it was just a little too crowded and active a space for me to feel like my dolls would definitely be safe. I showed off some pictures of creative work that I did with them, but left them at home.

(it was a really great work environment for me as an artist-- it was the same location that I took my fine arts classes at, they just also had studio days where you could come in and do your own work. I wish there were more places like it, now that I don't live there.)

18. Oh no, i definitely couldn't do it. For both social and functionaly purposes. I work in a hospital and I'm busy quite often. Having my doll around would only stress me and make me uncomfortable.

19. I took one of my dolls with me to work when I worked at a bar once but that was because I was being picked up by my boyfriend at the time to go to his house and a few friends were going to be there with their dolls. He let us have a mini doll meet in his room it was nice. But one of my coworkers saw her loved her and next thing I knew she was greeting customers at the door with me. And hanging out with my manager in the office even hanging out with the kit Chen staff to tell them hurry up the orders it was cute. I now work at a pharmacy and my managers and coworkers are begging me to bring my dolls to work and "help them put up the shipment" more specifically look cute for my manager and make her happy while she puts up the shipment and rolls her around the store on a cart. So i guess it depends who you are and where you work.

20. I work with children on a preeschol and they're 1-3 years old. I sometimes think the children would love to see the dolls but ofcourse I can't they would not understand to be careful :)