1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. I don't really have a job yet, but I don't think I'll bring my dolls because I'd be scared they won't accept them.
      I do however bring them to parties with my friends. Just one yosd size doll. They are very careful with them and know I like bringing one along. I also often carry my favorite yosd girl Airi with my in a small bag when I have to do things like tests or whatever. Even though I don't really take her out in public, I just like having her with me.

2. I want to bring my pets to work because anything I bring to my job would be keeping me company. I'd love to bring my doll to work but I'd be terrified he'd be stolen or damaged. So no dolls (or pets) for me.

3. I often tell colleagues at work about his doll, showing photos. When I brought the 60cm doll to work, they exclaimed, "What is it little! We thought he was much more." I was very surprised by their reaction.

4. Yep, I bring my dolls to work. One at the time though. Some colleagues got creeped out, others were ok.

5. No. Because work is work. I get paid by my boss to work effectively - not to daydream or to babysit. Its like bringing a child or a baby to work - which is not professional and acceptable in a work place unless you have an easy going boss. The only thing I think is acceptable is to leave the dolls in your car so that when you go on a lunch break you see them..

6. It really depends on what your job is. Line worker, sure you have to be there paying attention all day.

Knowledge worker, not so much. And taking a few minutes to daydream, stretch your legs and use your distance vision improves your productivity.

Saying that, I still wouldn't bring my doll to work for fear of incidental damage, dirt and coworkers.

Depends on the climate I suppose. I wouldn't want the doll sitting in the sun all day, especially in summer when the temperature inside the car would easily be over 60 C.

7. Not a chance with my job. I move around too much in a factory, so it's not the kind of environment where you leave any personal effects around.

If I had a relaxed office job I might see something like that, the sort where people have those big zen garden desk toys (I don't know, CEOs?) then it wouldn't be a big deal, but generally I can't see bringing a hobby into work whether it's painting, wood carving, or bjds.

8. No, I don't see the point even aside from issues of accidental damage or weirding out coworkers.

9. I did! They welcomed my Adrienne and were super curious about him! :kitty2

10. I did as I was working a desk job. My co-workers already thought I was strange because I'd decorate my space with plushies and various Disney figures. So when I started bringing a doll to work just to prop near my computer that was no different then anything else I've brought.

11. Nuh, won't do it...

12. I work in an office setting where it is possible to bring them to work, but I would never do it. I am not one to decorate my space at work. That, and I would not want to risk damaging or losing anything.

13. I did when I use to go to knitting classes. Now that the place has closed down I don't. Unless i sell them then I won't bring them to work. I have told people about them. They don't seam to mind. Their like my second family.

14. No... :( Haha I think my dolls are the safest at home :)

15. If I had a small one, a 10-16cm one, I would probably take it with me.. Well.. i'd have to be extra careful with it, but still, it's a nice company to have~

16. i dont move olive around that much, and i work in a very busy animal hospital. bringing her would be a disaster

17. My MSD is with me at work quite often, due to me sewing stuff at my coworkers place, but she's kept safely in her original box that fits perfectly in a gym bag I have. She hasn't actually been out in the office though and I don't want people touching her either. I might take my incoming Tiny with me though and actually have her out and about. The MSD is just a bit big and inconvenient for that.

18. Yes I do. My dolls gives me a huge moral support, so I'm working better ))) And other persons in the office are aware very well, that if they dare just think of touch one of my dolls, I will tear out their legs. Colleagues's legs, not dolls ))

[​IMG]

19. It would be really impractical for me to do that, considering that both of my jobs involve a lot of physical activity. BUT if I'm working at home on my novel, then, yes, I guess? They sit out in the living room within my line of sight, if that counts haha.

20. I'd like to but I'd have to leave my girl in a locker while at Spare Time, which is not a good place for bjds at all.