1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. I work behind a counter in retail, and I'll bring them on occasion. There's no hazard to them where they sit, so I find it acceptable. If someone hasn't seen them yet, I'll bring them in, or as a friend said 'I want to see my sweetheart', I bring them. I'll sit them on the counter with our gift cards or a coffee cup or something of that nature. People don't seem to mind, but I do get a lot of weird looks from customers. Someone said to a manager that I made them 'uncomfortable' with the doll. My manger said 'Well, she brings them because she finds people like you uncomfortable to deal with.' If I worked in a different position, I probably wouldn't risk it. Like working on the floor or when I have to do the trucks, it simply wouldn't be practical nor safe for them.

2. I have taken my doll to work with me a few times. I work at a costume shop with a sewing department so the sewing ladies are always intrigued when I bring him in.

On a side note I have had a few customers walk in with their dolls looking for little accessories they can use....the mini hats are always a win!

3. Once in a while I might bring one or two to work. I work in tech support so I have my own cube where I can sit one of them and fiddle with them occasionally during the day. Also, if I have to leave my desk, I drop them off with another coworker who watches them like a hawk. :) One of my supervisors always has to see who I've brought in :)

4. No, I wouldn't want to. When I'm at work, I like to focus 100% on work so I can get finished quickly and leave early. Plus I don't want to advertise to random people that I collect expensive dolls. When I'm working at my home office, I do keep a few on my desk, though. It's nice to take a mini-break from whatever I'm doing and look at them.

5. Actually no. I only brought them out for once, just to take photos. I would like to prevent them being touched by other people, especially small children.

6. I'm out photographing in the sun a lot, or moving around to get shots, so that's a definite no for that aspect of my job. Otherwise, I'm illustrating and crafting at home, so my dolls are with me all the time.

7. No I wouldn't take the chance that's way to scary. He may get damaged because I work around a lot of things that could mess him up. Not to mention I couldn't spend time with him and would have to leave him in the backroom or something. I wish I had a job that I could take him to though, that would be really great :)

8. Absolutely... maybe not my Feeple Chloe at 62.5cm because that would be a bit too attention demanding but my tinies? Oh yeah. I have a lovely little book shelf right next to my desk with plants and lights and my two little girls look great sitting there. I also have my own office so I don't feel weird leaving them there when I'm on break or anything.

9. Yes, I do! I actually have Matt at my side right now!

I work as a secretary for a lawn company and it is a small franchise, there are only a total of four employees. The owners are a married couple, the wife has a day job, so she's never here, the husband and the other guy employed here are out working on lawns all day...and I am left in the office by myself,unless the resident cat is visiting. We are a private office on the owner's property, so I never see customers. Everything I do deals with being on the phone, on the computer or filing papers, so my doll is safe from danger or theft. It gets pretty lonely and since I get my paperwork done in the first two hours usually, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day except answer calls...and if its a slow day, it gets REALLY boring. The dolls make it fun. :) My boss has seen Hansel and told me I was a good parent for not leaving my "kid" in the hot car. :P

10. I work in a college library and have in the past brought an SD boy that I had. Seeing the different reactions was a bit interesting. XD

Not sure I would really do it again though.

11. Not at my current job, anyways. I work at Wal-Mart so it just wouldn't be appropriate to bring anything but myself and my uniform onto the floor. Maybe when I'm out of University and start teaching I would depending on the grade, but not every day and not often. Probably on Halloween.

12. Right now "work" is school. And I have brought almost all of my dolls to school at some point. I love how some of my friends get as much joy out of them as I do so I love bringing them.
      They typically spend most of the day in thier sleeping bag in my locker where nothing can hurt them, but they come out for lunch.
      Once I'm out of school it would depend on the type of job I have, but if it wasn't like factory work or something dangerous I would have no problems bringing a doll.

13. cause i am still a student ,so i don't have the chance to bring my dolls to work.
      but i also don't bring my dolls to school.cause there are some people who do not know how
      to respect the dolls ~

14. I bring in my MSD to work on occasion. I have my own office and I usually only let her out of the bag while I am on a conference call or on my lunch break when my door is closed and others can not see her. I do however have a photo of her on my desk, but no one has mentioned anything about her yet.

15. i love my bjd very much and i always try to take them every place i go
      but that can be hard when you do not have a case:lol:

16. I couldn't see myself doing it every day, but since I have a desk job it may be harmless fun to bring them in once or twice. My coworkers are fairly chill people. I got all sorts of funny comments when I put the giant gold beckoning cat on my desk earlier in the year.

17. I would like to take one doll to my work. But I do not dare. Some co-workers know that I have BJD's so I would like to show them how beautiful they are. It is a shame that people do not appreciate these doll's!

18. I work in an office, alone for the most part. So I bring little Elly in to keep me company, and usually have something that needs sewn to work on if it's really slow.

[​IMG]

It was a slow day, so we stepped outside for some fresh air.

19. I love pictures of people's dolls at work. I have two jobs -- I work at Build A Bear and as a legal/personal assistant in a home law office. I can bring my dolls to both. :) At my legal assistant job, my girls can sit on my desk or ride with me in the car on errands, and it's nice just to hang out with them. At Build A Bear, I bring them on slow shifts (like weekday evenings) when I know we'll be hanging around doing nothing for a while. Last night I pretty much played with dolls for four hours and got paid for it. :P (Though I learned that I need a bigger memory card.) My co-workers at Build A Bear are intrigued by my girls. One girl thinks my MSD is really creepy (it's her shiny pupil-less eyes, I think) but loves my tiny. Customers are intrigued too -- one lady let Sprink play with her monkey's tail for a while yesterday. :P

[​IMG]

20. I do film work as an extra, and No I wouldnt bring my dolls...id be scared id loose them.
      My other "Job" i guess is YouTube, I get paied to post videos so yeah, thats okay. When my PukiFee comes im taking her to school as a good luck charm for my GCSE's since she can fit in my pocket ahah! I also am doing my dolls for my Art GCSE to they will have to all come with me as I am doing faceups and costume work for my final piece. Wooooo dolls at school ;-)