1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. I could never bring my dolls to work. I work in food service and I can barely keep myself clean most days.

2. I work retail, so I probably wouldn't unless I could keep her locked in my locker. And really, only then if I had intentions of shopping for her. Like, to hold fabrics and props against her, see how they fit, etc.

3. I would if I could! I am a barista and wouldn’t be able to have her at work! Plus I work for a chain company who is very fussy about the stores appearance and can’t imagine having a doll sitting in customer view would go down well :’)

4. I do field work. My equipment has trouble surviving, let alone my dolls. Plus, they are mostly SDs. That's a lot of space. The only one I would consider is the tiny for some cool outdoors photos, but even that feels a bit too risky.

5. I work in a retail line and sometime I will bring my yosd to work. my co-workers like my dolls:).

6. Carrying a doll around while doing the promotional modeling work I do would be a hard no. Logistics aside, that’s also just not the aesthetic brands are usually going for when hiring women to popularize their products.

I would consider bringing a doll to the elementary school I work at on a special occasion, if the kids insisted I took a turn at show and tell or something. But it would be far too tempting for a small child to not touch, so she definitely wouldn’t stay in the classroom full time.

7. Welp! I came back around on this issue

[​IMG]

8. I work as a nurse in ICU in a big hospital... not a good place to bring personal stuff...

9. Im a FT student and have never brought a doll to class lol. But, I work Uber part time when I need extra pocket money. I always take at least one doll with me to work for the ride.

10. What if all the seats in the uber get taken? Does the doll ride on your lap?

11. I teach and would love to bring a doll to sit near my desk but my students are rambunctious (nice way if putting it) so I would be stressed about damage or accidents.

12. I only do Uber eats. I dont want to deal with having strangers in my car. Picking up food to deliver is way easier than people. hahahaha

13. That definitely sounds like a much better option! And it would certainly be nice to have some company then

14. I work in a cubicle and I’ve taken one of my tinies with me to work on a few occasions, but he stays hidden and out of sight. I’m worried what my coworkers would think if they saw him, but I like knowing he’s there. c:

15. I won't even leave a book unattended at the workplace. People will steal your stuff and not think twice. I would never take a doll to work! Even if it weren't stolen, it would only take a bump for it to smash to pieces on the floor. And, besides, I'm very introverted and socially anxious and do my very best not to draw attention to myself. I don't want a "conversation piece" at my desk attracting people to speak with me.

16. I have in the past. Buuuuuut, I work in a doll store so... I mean, I keep them mostly locked in my locker except when I want to show them off to coworkers. Which I've done in the past. Two of them are actually BJD collectors as well, and I think everybody on staff collects dolls of some kind.

17. I work an office job and have my own desk (and office), but I probably wouldn't. I am not sure my coworkers would do much other than think it was mildly weird but I work with a pretty cool bunch. While they look super cute sitting around, I'd rather have them at home safe in storage.

I did have an in-depth conversation about my dolls with my boss once and he was totally creeped out but wanted to hear more. Without pictures, he kept saying he was getting Chuckie vibes. :lol: But he's an interesting dude with like, six lifetimes worth of stories and weird friends, so no judgement there I don't think.

18. I used to work at a computer game company with small offices and cubicles. We all had tons of toys around--like action figures and nerf guns. I'm not sure I'd have brought my dolls because it's more of a male-oriented atmosphere and I don't think they'd appreciate it... but maybe! (I'd worry about keeping it safe, though. Not that it could get stolen, but maybe knocked over or mishandled.)

19. I work at my campus' library and I've talked a lot about my dolls since I am making them the main focus of my senior thesis. I definitely could take a doll with me to work since I just sit at the front desk to help patrons. I just wish to first have a more impressive outfit for whichever doll I take. Sometimes it feels like the outfits I make don't do the hobby justice and that since I'm the only person on campus I know of in the hobby I have to step up and show the more experienced artful side.

20. I've brought a tiny with me to work before on a previous job during a slow week.

As for my current position, does working from home and having your dolls in the same room qualify? If that's the case, then yes, they're here everyday./