1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. I wish I could but I cater and I don't have a desk or anything and I drive 5 hours a day. Probably won't in the future when I graduate because my job involves working with criminals.

2. I take my dolls to school all the time it's a lot of fun becasue the people who don't know me give me weird looks.

I would never take them to work though, at least not my current job they would end up forever smelling like subway XD.

3. Sometimes. Well, I'm still a student so not to work but to school.

Alexander and Oodi has both been at school with me couple of times. Most of my classmates like them but not everyone. One guy once said stupid things like "It would be fun to get that thing to explode." or something like that and after it I've been thinking twice before taking dolls to school with me. It would be easy if I had a locked place where I could leave them but I don't have a place like that at school. So I'll have to always keep them with me and carry them around.

4. I am currently unemployed, but I go to community college and I really want to bring my doll to class, but I worry that he'll get hurt. :C I know people won't make fun of me though, I take him to stores and stuff and I always get compliments from people about him. C:

5. I'm going to bring my girl to college with me.

6. I've brought a 1/6 doll with me to work last year; my coworkers were intrigued and mostly very nice about it! In the meantime I've changed workplaces and now I work with two other doll collectors, but also with a bunch of people who are terrified of dolls, so I probably won't be bringing any girls with me to work again...

7. I took a doll to school once.... It was fine because most of my teachers were as fascinated\weirded out as my classmates, and only two teachers asked me to put it in my locker so as not to be a distraction. I was very protective of him though! NO TOUCHING.

8. I'd really love to bring her with me to uni and even ask my teachers if instead of drawing awful crap chairs and stuff, I could draw my girl! But I'm not very friends with my classmates, dun know them too well and I don't want them to think I'm being a creep/anti-social ^ ^;;;

9. Oh heck NO. I groom dogs all day, that wouldn't be pleasent...

10. Oh no no I would not bring them to work I work at a gorcery store and that would be just awful. I mean I have brought them nad had them in my bag in my locker upstairs but only when I was going to a friends house or something...I did bring it to school and people liked or were creeped when I was in school...when i get a job in my field then maybe if I have my own office or something...maybe but until then...probably not.

11. I've brought my doll to work before on several occasions. One of my managers collects dolls as well and had heard of BJDs in the past and was very interested in my Ava. Generally though, my coworkers aren't very interested in her and tend to leave her alone.

12. I might, once my girl is ready to be seen in public. I'm a grad student though with a private office, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to have a doll with me. Later, when I'm a professor, I'll have to decide based on the environment of my workplace. :)

13. Sometimes, when I got a new doll and my colleague - who likes to look at them but doesn't have any of her own - asks whether I can bring the "new guy". Sometimes I carry one with me when I'm taking a doll to a meeting of our writing group. In that case, the doll just sits there in the carrier bag all day long without being taken out of it. :) When my colleague wants to see a doll, I usually take them out and put them on my desk.

14. I work in an office, but I am the youngest person there and I need all the help I can get fitting in, so sadly it's a no. Maybe if I had a teeny doll like a Puki...

15. Generally I don't bring my dolls in to the office, mostly because I work around kids and I don't want anyone mistaking my dolls for a toy to bring to the daycare area. But I did bring one in when I had to work overtime on a Saturday. She sat on my desk and gave me encouragement. :D

16. I have brought some of my brood to work once or twice. Usually I only have them at work if I'm going somewhere doll-related afterwards (like meeting a friend or a doll meet). The people I work with are interested in them but don't pay a whole lot of attention to them, even when I'm cuddling one. I find MSDs are a good height to cuddle with while typing. :D

17. I'll be bringing my doll to work on Saturday when it's more laxed at work. It's casual day. I work at an offie and I think I'll even try and get some pictures of her hiding behind the desk christmas trees.

18. Once we return from winter break (I work at a University) I'm going to bring Icarus in because, it'll be a short day and there won't be any students in for another several days. Otherwise, considering how often things are stolen from my desk when students and faculty are around, I would never bring Icarus.

19. When the fancy takes me, I'll bring dolls into work. Size ranges from my 21cm tiny up to my 62cm SD's. They sit in the corner of my desk and just look pretty. I don't play with them. I work in a very small office (4 people) and they all know about my dolls. One of my boss likes to see who I've brought in and I've even got the postlady interested in seeing who's on my desk when she delivers the mail.

20. I work in the games industry, so everyone has toys on their desk. Well, not everyone, but some. And A lot of the time, they are very expensive models.
      Some of my coworkers can be... well... blunt about my hobby, but I bring the tinies in every once in awhile. They cheer me up! I'm in the process of looking for a decent yoSD desk because I have a macbook air miniature on its way for one of them, and I'd like to make it look like they're working, too. :3
      Before I graduated, I had a job at Radioshack that was very stressful. The people who came in could be insulting because I was a girl and I don't speak well when I'm stressed, which I often was because they'd be rude the minute they'd come in. (I had someone tell me once that they'd rather a young man help them than me... even though it was just about changing a watch battery!) Sometimes I'd bring my MSD with me to work and hide him in the back so if I felt overly stressed I could go back and see him and calm down. It really helped!