1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. Oh man, I hate people who are like that. You're a girl, you can't help me! PSHT! Glad to know games people are allowed to keep their toys out; I'm getting my degree in Digital Entertainment. :)

2. @Koka: Yeah. I know how you feel. I often bring my tinies to my job as a records clerk and they keep me from getting too stressed out. I don't have a desk so they hide out in my locker. I usually bring them out to sit with me at lunch time.

I had the little ones with me last week and showed them around to a couple of my coworkers who'd never seen them before. Now they ask me how my "kids" are doing, or if I brought any "kids" with me today. LOL. One of the girls jokingly told me I was a bad mother, for leaving them home alone. I told her that my 1/3 girl stays home to babysit. :lol:

3. I've brought my dolls to work numerous times. Usually when I have new one or if I am feeling a bit down. I have a nice safe place for them to hang out here at the library and my co-workers enjoy them.

4. I guess I'm in the minority here. I work at a laundromat, behind the counter, and the atmosphere is very relaxed (except on Saturday nights...eep, and I'm working tonight). I bring Chae-ri to work with me every day. She has her own little chair she sits in right beside my workplace, out of sight of customers under the counter ledge. Several of my regular customers know about her, even know her by name, and they usually ask "Did you bring your girl with you today?" and they love to see what she's wearing or what I'm working on for her. I often sit behind the counter during slow periods and sew for her. My boss and my manager both know about Chae-ri and my manager even bought clothes for her once! I have the best workplace in the world.

5. I have never taken any of dolls at work and never will, actually they don't even know I have dolls. People over there are just too narrow minded to understand the hobby and if they got to know some day about it, they would bury me alive. I'm pretty sure they would say "a woman playing with dolls? What the hell, are you nuts?!!!".
      So, I just prefer to keep them as a secret. Outside my office the real me comes to life and then I can show my dolls to the whole world :P

6. I don't know if this fully counts, but my Wife took one of my boys to work with her today, so she could make hats for them. ^_^;; If I had a job where they'd be safe, I'd totally take them. My wife takes hers all the time.

7. I have told so many people at work, that I brought a doll. Now everybody is asking, when will he arrive. And they want to see him, so he will have a trip to munich city and my work.
      I´m looking forward, what the will say, when they see him live.

8. I get all my deliveries sent to work and usually have a Blythe with me and lately my little baby hujoo sits on my desk. I work with mostly guys who think its funny and nerdlike in its own cool way,

9. I work the night shift and there's so little to do that I occasionally bring my dolls in and play around.

Photoshoots because we have some killer lighting and often my sewing machine makes an appearance.

my bosses think I'm silly, but there's so little else
      to do. Has anyone else brought a doll to work?

10. Actually yes. :D I work at advertising agency, and we have open office, so we all are in same space. Quite few times I have had meets or photo sessions with friends after work, So I had dragged dolls with me, as in my case it doesn't make sense to go and fetch them from home. ^^ So I'm always afraid to keep them in bag for long time, I'm afraid I forget they are there and accidentally kick the bag or something, so if I got a doll with me, I lift them to sit/stand to my desk.

First few times guys were like wait, what, but they got used to them, came to look at them few times and so one, I got few smart comments ('okay, so were are your needles?' etc) but after that everyone has been okay with them. :D I guess we have so many people who collect miniatures and other stuff that no one really gets surprised. Mostly they just sit there looking pretty, some times I pose them when I'm thinking about how to deal with assignment I'm having at that moment. :3 I got my Ironman nendo permanently on my desk, so I guess my colleagues are used to all kinds of 'figures' hanging out at my table. xD

11. Sometimes I'll take a doll with me when there's a meeting of my writing group after work and I want to take it there to be our "mascot". I usually keep it in the bag but some of my co-workers really like to look at them and most of the time I end up showing them the "doll of the day". Also, I have one co-worker who always asks me to bring my new dolls so she can see them. Of course I'm happy to comply ... ;)

12. Are you absolutely out of your mind? They very notion of me collection dolls would cause me to be harassed for the rest of my miserable life. People here at work are monsters, they would humiliate me until there's nothing of me left. One of my colleagues once saw me check out Den of Angels and even that I had to sweat out for a few years.

I'd love to have a job where I can actually take my doll(s) with me but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen anytime soon. The consensus here is that adults don't play or collect dolls, it's folly and a waste of time and money.

I live in such a sad environment. Lucky my dolls are always there to cheer me up!

13. In a way, I'd really love to take a doll to work sometimes, because I like to sit one or more dolls on my desk while I work. I just like looking at them. But I'd never dare to take any to work. I'd be too worried about people's reactions. Plus, I wouldn't run the risk of having curious people touch them while I'm away from my desk. To be honest, it just wouldn't be very practical to have them around either. But to have them close to me in a way, I use photos of my dolls as wallpapers on my computer.

I brought my tiniest doll to work, once, but that wasn't to sit her on my desk or anything. I have a colleague who makes glass beads and he was interested to see my doll's glass eyes, to know if he can perhaps make any. So I brought a dollie to show him what the eyes are like and how they fit in the doll's head.

14. Glad i work at home.. So yes, my dolls are with me all the time hahaha
      If i have to go to the field (in my work means the mall), sometimes i bring them if i feel i have nothing to do there.. But if i'm kinda busy, then i just leave them at home..
      Safer that way :D

15. I have taken one a few times. I was making him some clothes and brought him during the down time. My boss let me use some fabric he had to make a little coat for him too.

16. I'd love to bring one of my dolls with me to work once I get them fully customized. I think everybody in my department has some kind of toys in their office (I have a lot of little desk-buddies myself, including some off-topic doll friends), so they'd be well-received. It's a shame some places are so hostile to dolls and toys and other fun things, a relaxed work environment is so much better for productivity!

17. Maybe if I had some sort of office job where it was MY office with a door... maybe I'd bring like a 1/4 size to work to sit on my desk.

However, I work retail. Sales associate in a mid level department store. I have a register and a wrap stand, both totally assessable to the customers... a doll sitting there WOULD either be touched/damaged/held without permission or maybe stolen. So negatory on that.

At least I only work there on weekends. Don't have to worry about having to take dolls to my full time gig as mommy of two ;)

18. I work retail too, so obviously having a doll with me on shift would not work. But I have brought a couple of them in on my days off to show coworkers, as a few of them really like to see them. ^.^ And there have been two or three times where I was taking a doll with me somewhere right after work, so I brought him in a bag and left him locked in the office all day.

19. Cian is sitting on my desk right now. :)

I work as secretary at a local lawn care company, there are only two other employees--the owner and a lawn tech. Sure, they think I'm a little strange. I really don't care. I have terrible phone anxiety and on days when the phone won't stop ringing, having a doll in my lap calms me.

Quick phone pic:
      [​IMG]

20. I don't have a doll yet (though I am waiting on my first two), and I have thought about this. I used to work at McDonald's, so that would not have worked out at all. Now I have a desk job, though. I've contemplated bringing in my Puki Puki when she gets here, considering how tiny she is. I don't think anyone here at my work would judge me; they are all pretty nice people. If anyone did, they would probably keep it to themselves. I don't really care. I like what I like. (I already keep a dinosaur toy on my desk anyway.)