1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you bring your dolls to work?

Mar 27, 2011

1. My job is way too messy/crazy to be a safe environment for dolls, but I do sometimes bring one in on my day off for my co-workers to see. Our morning crew are mainly all ladies, so, besides one of the shift managers who finds the dolls creepy, they all have an interest in my doll family and want to see them lots. ^^ The one older lady, who's like another grandma for me, she calls them all her 'grandbabies' and my 'kids' and expects to meet them all in person at some point or other. It's cute, and I love having such supportive pals to work with.

2. I swung by the post office today before work to pick up an outfit that I ordered for my LittleFee Chiwoo from Dollheart. I'd been telling one of my coworkers about getting into BJDs, so I brought the outfit in for her to see (we still had a few minutes until our shifts started). A couple of my other coworkers were curious and gathered around, too, and they went nuts over how gorgeous and tiny all the pieces were (so worth the steep price tag!!!). Whenever my boy arrives, I'll probably bring him in so they can see him actually wearing his clothes, haha. I don't think I'd keep him at my desk, though...I work in the youth department of a county library and there are just waaaaaaaaaaay too many things that could go wrong.

3. I just started a new job two months ago as a medical secretary in a hospital. While I have a cubical, I am still not sure if I want to bring my dolls to work. While no one would take them (I leave my entire handbag on the floor next to my desk with wallet/ipod/phone etc in it), I just don't want to deal with the that's weird or that's expensive part of the hobby here, at least not yet. When my new boy comes home in December, I might bring him along (cause working around Christmas is always boring) but for now, not so much. He is a tiny, and I have tinies at home, so maybe I will bring them along before that!

4. No, but I have shown photos.

5. I work in an office as a manager and I have to deal with some serious issues so I think it would be almost insulting to those that come into the office for me to have a doll at my desk. It would be distracting and difficult to carry on a conversation about eviction/late payments/financials with someone staring at my BJD, especially when need people to take me seriously. So no, I don't bring my dolls to work.

6. If I brought my dolls to work, they wouldn't survive for too long as currently I work with primary school kids^^. I'd maybe (with heavy doubts, but maybe) take them to an arts class when I'll be teaching in secondary school again. Maybe... nah.

7. I work in a costume shop, for a professional theatre. My coworkers are intrigued, and always interested to see what new costumes I have created for my dolls.

8. I'm so jealous of the people who can bring their dolls to work! No one in my office brings anything to brighten up / individualize their work area, so I think having a doll at my desk would be considered really weird.

9. My mailbox is connected to work so all of my box openings take place there. My coworkers find it to be amusing. They call it second Christmas...kind of like the hobbit's second breakfast.

10. I don't take my dolls to work for fear of breaking them in transport. I've already tried transporting them before and have had chipped faceups and messed up wigs. :( But that could just be how I'm transporting them.

11. I don't really work yet, but I do go to university. I don't think I'll ever take my doll with me there, though, seeing as I don't have a proper carrier for her yet and the fact that I'm kind of paranoid that she might end up getting broken. Then again, if there's an event or something like that with no regular classes, I might just bring her with me -- for photos and such.

12. I work at a kindergarten and I've brought a tiny in a few times over the past several years so my kids know what I'm talking about when I mention the dolls. They think it's hilarious that the hair comes off :D After careful instructions I let them pass whoever I've brought around. They're surprisingly gentle--even the rough boys know when something is important. That's about the extent of it though. I've thought about bringing one of my dolls to take photos in some of the nice parks around the school, but too many of our parents live around there and I guess I'd just rather keep my relationship with that entire neighborhood professional.

13. Absolutely not.
      It is way to messy, hectic and public (yup that would be an emergency department in a big hospital) Totally unsafe for a doll since everybody can come almost everywhere, big chance the doll will go missing/will be stolen.
      If I had to take one of my dolls with me, he would stay in my bag in my locker. The environment could actually be awesome for taking photo's, especially when I'm doing graveyard shifts. But I'm not taking the risk.

14. I brought Nayeli when I first got her to show her off. The only other person in the office is a good friend so I knew I could trust her. But I haven't brought her since.

15. I work at Disney World so you can bet the second I get promoted to the desk position I'm looking at I'll have a baby with me at work

Hell he might get his own mini desk

16. Nope and never will. One where I work now is really messy. My "desk" is almost always covered in corn debris. Plus I'm surrounded by 6 large ovens running at 176 F...so the humidity in there wouldn't be good for them either. Plus I've owned be a guy who likes My Little Pony but the dolls I doubt anyone could accept them...me being a guy and all. Some of my coworkers know about them and have seen pictures but I'm choosy in who I tell. A guy came and showed me a picture of the world's smallest woman not too long ago and I said "I think I have a doll that same size lol" and he said "yeah that's why I wanted to show you."

**correction I have brought dolls to work. I took one in her box and the other in her RS carrying bag and fit them both in my backpack for work. It stayed in the breakroom all day so I could take them with me to the Doll Corner after work. No one saw them though.

17. Hehehe, that would be fun to see a guy at engineering company walking with his 65 CM doll, the answer is no, and no plane to do it

18. I wish I could, but I have no place to put her at work.
      I've shown photos to my co-workers, but I move around a lot at work so she wouldn't be in a very good place to show off.

19. I would have loved to but the answer in the end is no way. I feel like just talking about my Bjd gets people laughing at me and mocking me so I would have a fit if someone did that to me on purpose at work. Plus Bjd are so expensive and precious that I feel like I would have to watch over them to make sure someone doesn't get curious and touchy. Maybe someday if I ever work a desolate desk job and have very little interaction with people I will take one of my girls in.

20. I don't have a job, per say, but I do spend a lot of time writing up articles for the teens and twenties section of the paper (my friends get the story, and I'll write it up for them, since those are our respective skills). It's mostly me at home when I'm typing, or in a nice little office area in the paper building, so I'd consider bringing Cheyenne to help me out when I get stuck.