1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you change the look of your dolls?

Feb 11, 2016

1. A sculpture in the same frame (clothes) works well, if the outfit is a perfect match, like a beautiful dress or costume. But still I can't keep myself from changing the frame from time to time, take a few photos and then dress her up in her default outfit again. I also have a few dolls which wear more casual outfits, so I tend to change clothes on them more often. It's kind of exciting to see how much a doll can change with a new wig and outfit :thumbup<3

2. My doll each have their own style and "default" eyes and wigs, but anyof them can (and most of them do) play dress-up and wear stuff that isn't their usual style. I don't often change their eyes and their hair is usually the same colour but they have different wigs so they can wear their hair in different styles.

My SD gang are mostly one large extended family of Victorian/Edwardian children, but some of them alos have historical costume to dress up in and some have more modern clothes.

I got one Dollstown 7Year girl specifically to wear modern outfits that dont fit the old-fashioned styles of my other girls

My slim/mature mini's are more modern teenagers, but each has their own style, some of them are happy to step outside that style and play dressup, some aren't.

And some insist on dressing a partiular way whether I like it or not (I don't like pastel pink, but one of my dolls does and insists on wearing it, preferably with frills and ruffles). Another who I wanted to be a fashionista, insisted on being a hippie... it happens.

Teddy

3. sometimes. i guess it depends on who or what i want to change

4. I've tried, but like Teddy says - sometimes they won't allow it :? Would be so much more economical if I could have a doll to wear every style I like, at a whim, and I have tried for years to make Erica in my avatar, wear something else, have brown hair and eyes, etc - but she is now back in her pink with blue eyes and pink frilly outfit - and she's happy at last! Means I've 'had to' buy another doll to wear the other teenage type stuff though :whee:

5. I always sort of feel like the doll decides what they want... I know it's not possible, but I almost see their expression change and if they "don't like something" they look more mad or down cast, and even make it awkward for me to put it on them. So I'm flexible if they are, but if they seem to "hate" something, I can't bring myself to make them wear it. xD

I'm aware this is silly, but I don't really care, I partly enjoy the dolls because they do seem to form their own characters in my head, so It's fun to me. : )

6. It actually depends on my mood... at first I want em to wear pastel colored clothes... right now im looking for steam punked outfit... but lately ive been dressing em cassual clothes... makes me feel calm and contented

7. I pretty much already know the look for my boys I want for them so it's not a problem. I really look at things and if they would wear it like a real person!

8. I've had the same doll for years now and I've only changed his look twice. I recently bought a long curly wig just for the sake of pairing it with cute dresses though.

9. I feel the same way you do, OP! She's her own character, and has been this way since she was born in my head.

If you really wanted to change her up, why not buy wigs in the same color, but styled differently? Maybe looking for clothes that feel fresh and new but still fit their sense of style? Like, as an example, a doll that typically dresses casually wouldn't want to wear an elaborate dress, but a loose t-shirt dress could fit their style.

10. Mine have a specific STYLE. So if they get new clothes, it'll be in something that's their style, their look. They look wrong and annoyed if they get put in something else lol. It makes no sense but that's how it goes.

11. I do! Even though I have a limited amount of wigs, eyes and clothes at the moment, I love changing their looks!
      It's as if I'm rekindling my love for them, pfft- and sometimes it makes them feel brand new. :D

12. I love manipulating my doll and change their style: clothes, eyes, wig, and sometimes makeup, I do not like fixed things I like more steampunk and vintage, but I'm open to so much. It's complicated because I do not have enough budget for everyone.
      For exemple Alix ( MNF Chloé )
      [​IMG]alix boy (2) by alixir1, sur Flickr
      [​IMG]alix chaperon neige (8) by alixir1, sur Flickr
      [​IMG]alix 1920 by alixir1, sur Flickr
      [​IMG]fée / ange mnf Chloé et realpuki sleeping face pupu by alixir1, sur Flickr
      [​IMG]en pull (5) by alixir1, sur Flickr

Etc....

13. My first boy Johnny's style is very fixed. I had a specific idea for how he should look, and eight months after he arrived he still looks that way. Within a month's time I figured out that this might get boring after awhile, and I began thinking about getting another boy.

Shortly after that I found Alistair on the marketplace and bought him. Alistair came with a nice pair of eyes and some clothes, but no wig. In my zeal for the perfect wig I bought up every goofly-looking fur wig that I could find and tried them all. I did find one wig that I like the best, but I still keep the others around to play with. I do the same thing with clothes; Alistair gets anything that doesn't suit Johnny. So I've got one boy that has a set look and one boy whom I change a lot. It wasn't the most financially sound decision, but it's made me a lot happier with my dolls.

14. I take pictures of the outfits that look good and change it every once in a while. So whenever I feel like changing their look I either create something new or just think "Hey, you haven't used this outfit in a while."

15. I have never been a stickler for a unified theme or look, and although most of my dolls already have a character in place, I absolutely love experimenting with their looks to see if I am going to like it.

16. Not really, though my very first doll did go through 3 different looks before I finally settled on one that I thought fit him. My dolls generally keep the same look, though I may change their wig to different one that is the same color just to switch up their hairstyle like a real person might.

17. First I have 2 dolls
      1 with my absolute fav Shibuya Rin limited edition outfit wich ill probably never change
      2 for outfits i made personaly

18. I love changing clothes, wigs, eyes. And I have a doll who has her haceup changed every half a year.

19. I have several wigs and eyes for all of my dolls and I love changing them from time to time. They are different style, but the main color is always the same for each doll. As for their clothes, they aren't very picky and like to share. I try to make most of their clothes myself, so they are used to strange looking ones. XD

20. I change things around to a certain extent. Usually once I find a set of eyes that I like in a doll, those stay, but wigs and clothes are just up to my whim.