1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you collect furniture/props or room settings for your dolls??

Oct 15, 2008

1. I have a whole room that I have filled with doll rooms. It started years before my first BJD arrived, Most are filled with OT dolls, but the BJDs have rooms now, also.

2. So far I have a couple of American Girl and Our Generation furniture for my minifees. The scale is pretty good, furniture wise, but the props are out of proportion a bit. Some are a hit, others a major miss. but I don't have a set place for their rooms or anything. And I mostly keep the furniture in boxes in my closet.

3. I just love collecting different style of chair for my girls. And now I have more chair than my girls orzzzz

4. I have a chaise lounge and to dressers for my MSD. I would love to make him a box room.

5. I really like to find stuffs for my doll shelf, i found little lamps and small chairs and tables.

6. :dance:danceyes l am not the only one that loves finding bjd furniture/props.

Right now I am trying to figure out what size of furniture would fit a 35cm bjd.

7. Ooo I just bought my crew a sofa. Its pretty big and can possibly fit 5, 65cm dolls in. I'm just glad I had enough space in my wardrobe if not that thing gotta go. I was also looking at getting them a bed set. But it'll be too big for my room. Maybe in the future

8. I look all over from antique shops, to craft stores and even Home Goods and Michaels. Here is my album on Flickr of the many things in my room as well as my room set up for my girl.
      The BJD Room
      If anyone here can't see photos PM me your email address and I will send you the latest photos I took in my room.
      [​IMG]The BJD Room 2022 by Marie, on Flickr
      For example, couch, IKEA small dog bed, cabinet from Marshalls, blankets and cushions I made, and the props range from craft stores to Amazon.

9. I would like to get in the future but for now , I do not have anything .

10. I've got two SD-sized chairs and a table which I bought second-hand and two cupboards from a local household store. I've also got a book-case which was sold along with the mini books but it's in my parents' place now. I'd really like to make at least doll corners in the future, not sure about rooms as I mainly own SDs.

11. Same here. I want to create two different dioramas, and have been collecting the small accessories for years, but hadn't aquired any actual furniture until now. I just bought the American Girl roll Top Desk and swivel chair. My plan is to create an office or study for my MSDs. I also have items to make a child's bedroom for my YOSds, but that is farther down the road.
      Where I live now, there is no space for displaying dolls properly or for dioramas.

12. I have several vignettes for my dolls scattered throughout my home. I look upon them as art installations, and they can be anything from a “room” atop a dresser or on top of my roll top desk, or a larger designated room in a big piece of furniture with shelves, to a fun attic display on an oversized nightstand for my tinies. Just anywhere they can become a fun part of my general decor and look good while doing it.:) For furniture, I’ve picked up pieces from thrift stores, bought sofas and accessories right here in the marketplace, made things by cobbling together interesting bits and pieces I’ve had laying around, made rugs by cutting up small tapestries, and purchased some key American Girl pieces from the company. For my “hat shop” I had my husband put together some dowels with wooden bases and discarded string-light globes to make hat stands. One of the dolls in my plant conservatory sits atop a small stack of vintage gardening books. Basically, when it comes to furnishings, I’m always open to anything and everything that can explain and enhance my doll’s characters…their personalities are emulated through the rooms.

#232 PoeticSoul, May 2, 2022
      Last edited: May 2, 2022