1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you collect furniture/props or room settings for your dolls??

Oct 15, 2008

1. I have two seats. One is a metal Dollmore chair and the other is a MSD sized couch for two I just got off Ebay really cheaply (£20 inc. delivery from Hong Kong). I don't plan on getting anything else as it takes up too much space.

2. I have so many props I don't know what to do with them all!!!:roll:
      I try to use them in my photo shoots. I keep them in those big plastic containers on wheels and roll them under the bed! My dolls sit around on chairs and little lounge I have for them. I also have a tall cabinet that I have removed some shelves from(to make little 'rooms') so my taller guys can hang out surrounded by props!.........I just love collecting doll sized things....;)

xen :)

3. Oh yes - furniture! :aheartbea

I would love to have a permanent room for the girls - well, most of all I'd love to have a whole doll house and some outdoor scenes..... But our living conditions won't allow it at present.

Which means that I bring out the stuff for photoshoots at present. I am planning a collapsible doll stage, though.

What we have at present is collected a piece at a time over the years... Larger things from Y!J, some smaller props as well, and other things from all over - second hand bookshops, antique shops, scrapbooking sections in art stores, and so on.

This is the main room we have assembled so far:

[​IMG]

We have quite a lot of other small props that didn't fit with this photoshoot, and some extra furniture that aren't really in the proper style with the rest of the stuff... We'll see where those pieces will land in the future.

4. :)yup l collect dollie furniture/props for them and l'm always looking for stuff for them and a person can find some very interesting finds.

5. I do, in fact, my MSD's have a two storey house. I don't even attempt it beyond the odd prop for the SD's however, they just are too big for me to realistically try a similar set up, but as a lot of others have said, the props often really make the scene :)

6. originally i never considered furniture and props for my dolls. but as i see all the wonderful photos that everyone accomplishes with lovely props i have now started collecting them as well. i try to look for things suited for 18"/16" dolls and re ment for the little guys. sooooo, now i have lovely wing chairs, a chaise lounge, dining table and chairs, china tea service, and tinies props and foods. they are scattered around the house as i don't have a permanent space suitable for setting up.
      we shall see what i can accomplish with these.

7. I love everyone's creative and imaginative displays. I am collecting items for a Gene doll kitchen- with vintage toy refridgerator, sink, etc. and stove by Wolverine which fits a 15 inch doll well.

I have been inspired by the Tasha Tudor dollhouse which is displayed in the Rockefeller museum in colonial williamsburg- about forty minutes from my home. I hardly ever go to Williamsburg now without going to see it- I can't resist it. It is made for Tasha's miniature collection she displayed on shelves in her kitchen for her 15-16 inch dolls she herself created.
      kitchen-
      [​IMG]

dining room- the glasses were handmade for Tasha

[​IMG]

bedroom-
      [​IMG]

pic of me infront of the dollhouse!! IT is HUGE!

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the chair I found at an estate sale with my big doll- I adore this chair

it measures about 18 1/2 inches high, and looks great next to her-

[​IMG]

8. the only furniture I have for Helena is a bed and a small dresser I picked up from Michael's Crafts for all of her clothes and all of her other little chachkys.

9. I have....

Way, way, way too many props and accessories.

I've always been attracted to miniatures... As a result I have a ton of doll stuff. Which I'm trying to seriously thin down by selling. And I've made... Some progress... XP lol

But I think one of my favorite pieces that I currently own is a simple, large green couch. And a Blue and white tea set.

10. I'm trying. .^^ But having a hard time finding stuff. Though I did just find the most epic doll bed ever on ebay......

11. In my pullip dollcase and blythe shelf I have furniture set up in scenes, and I'll borrow it for my Pippos. But I only have a few props and chairs for my larger BJDs and a few of the pieces i'll borrow from my daughters AG stuff for pictures. I don't really have the room for it.

12. I'm trying to! XD I make my own miniature doll food, and I have a couple of little props - but usually when I find something perfect at the store or something, which is VERY rare, it's really expensive.

13. I have furniture and other props. I don't have a permanent room display setup. I just grab the furniture and props I need at the time to do a photoshoot. I'm always on the lookout for props!

14. I'm like a prop whore >o I have drawers full of props. Lol Seriously I have props for everything, If I don't have one for something, it'll be made. As for furniture ALL of it has to be made by me. They style I want just isn't made in that size. I haven't gotten around to finishing a full room yet, As I don't have any floor left in my room to put it anywhere. I'm having the most fun with Mephisto's dungeon :3 I can't wait fo finally get it all set up <3 It's not just their rooms I'm building it will be their work places too <3 And Tak's little laboratory <3

15. I currently have only 1/6 scale dodlls, and they have a whole apartment complex! But that's easy enough, with so much furniture available for Barbie.

I don't plan on making a full home for any of my bigger dolls, but I do plan on having a few furniture props. For the 1/4 scale doll I have on order, I'm hoping to get her a vanity and bathtub that's for sale at Target, and hopefully an armchair from somewhere. If I ever get any bigger dolls, I'm probably going to restrict myself to a chair or two, or maybe a sofa, with the possible exception of finding some "cheap" chairs not intended specifically for BJD. The bigger the furniture, the more expensive it gets! And I really don't want to get into beds for them, because those take up so much space...

16. I'd love to have a whole 'home' for my doll, but space forbids it... :( Right now she has a black chaise, and a small dresser. I want to find her a bed, and another couch/chair, but I think that's where I'll have to draw the line. Finding small props for her is a whole 'nother story though, I love finding her things! My favourite is a little blood bag from a cell phone charm... I want to do a hospital photostory eventually! :)

17. I do i LOVE the furniture and props, i have a house for the 8\" tinies i made from bookcases and a barbie cottage garden scene for upto 10\" tinies, i am working on a roomset for msd sized as we speak, not easy finding stuff here in the uk though thats the only bug bear!

18. I just purchased a dollhouse on Ebay yesterday, so I have been collecting lots of tiny goodies I find online...it's exciting because I never really had a dollhouse when I was little. My dolls played on empty bookshelves. ;) So right now, I have a dollhouse full of furniture coming...portraits, flower pots, spice jars, wall clocks, and and and... :D

19. I'm kind of lucky that our house is decorated in such a way it fits different themes.
      Our Parlor (what is the word the use now for parlor?): Japanese styled spring including hana branches, vases, and dolls dressed from the Heian period.
      Family Room: European styled
      My Room: Pop/Art room