1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you collect furniture/props or room settings for your dolls??

Oct 15, 2008

1. I tend to make my own props but don't have space for rooms for each doll.
      I am making scenes that will break down for photo shoots so that I will have backgrounds to shoot photo's against.
      I have also bought a few things when I run across them for the dolls ie miniature tarot decks, miniature mortar and pestle, a puki sized car, etc.

2. I said earlier I might try making furniture at some point...

...some point has arrived. Once I manage to get Dean home I'll be looking at a loooong wait before I have enough for Sam, so I decided to build the Impala in the meantime.

I suck at math. This is suicide. And I'm literally going to have to park it in the garage since Dean's 62cm. But I'm determined to do it and too jazzed about the idea to keep it to myself XD

3. Yeah, if I find furniture or props that will suit my dolls. :)
      Sometimes, furniture & props can give a plus point in photos, IMHO.

4. I didn't start out collecting furniture or props, but I've started to lately. I always check thrift stores for potentially doll-scale stuff and have gotten various chairs and other things. Dollar stores can also produce little treasures. I'm trying not to acquire too much because I don't have room. I was just looking at a little disco ball for sale in a dollar store and had to resist the urge to buy it. Funnily enough, now my mother also looks for little things for my dolls . . . The chairs I'll actually use for them to sit on, but a lot of it is only around for photoshoots.

5. Yep, at the moment I'm setting up a "little" apartment (it takes up like a quarter of my room) set for my gang.
      I've actually got most of the furniture for it at this point, I don't find most of it to be too tempting since I prefer much more modern styles and most doll furniture is more classic. It's the little props that are going to doom me, I can't resist getting them more toys.

6. When I got interested in actually acquiring a BJD or 20 LOL I knew I had bunches of sewing to do, but my next thought, since I want to do photo stories, was props/furniture. So I did an inventory - well. I've got SO much stuff already! I do have some other kinds of dolls, but I have always been so fascinated w/little things - I've got at least one full dinner set (I mean 4 place settings here), dressers (yes, jewelry chests), wardrobes (little cabinets), little leather books from 1900! that I found at a bookstore about 8 years ago, a chair, little lamps, a BUNCH of stuff! I use it all in various ways so I'm still finding stuff - so cool. Obviously this hobby is just meant to be for me :D

7. I'm always searching for beautiful dioramas and furniture for my MSD dolls. Now I've got two rooms completed, a bedroom and a living-room and I'm working at art nouvo cabinet. For the living room I've found several antique toys from 1900 and I'd like to buy maybe two or three armchairs and a sofa of the same period to complete the whole vintage look.

8. We've got dolly furniture all over the darn house! People look at us funny when they come over and see all the 1/3 scale furniture mixed in with our stuff. There's a living room, a little desk next to my daughter's, a reading chair in the library, etc. I'm love buying/making props so they have everything from sushi to a poker set. I'm having a terrible time finding 1/3 scale drinking glasses, though.

My husband is a mad engineer and making doll stuff has become a hobby for him. This week he made a half-tester bed for Kiddo and Ciel and is working on a collapsible table and benches that will seat 16 SDs for our Dolloween party tomorrow night. He likes 3D printing and is using Shapeways to copy our china and silver in 1/3 and 1/6 scale. (like I said, he's mad).

The other day our boys got a laptop and a cellphone and ended up having a drunken party with Ed's goat Menace. No idea why Kiddo and Ciel are in their jammies while Ed is wearing an opera cape. The little cocktails are the work of DOA's Ravendancer26.2. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FU1iHnguCxIyN9kpPyR-As_BoQAkJtArfgsZ4Zn9spo?feat=directlink

9. I don't even want to think about getting a dollhouse or something. I just so happen to own a few doll furniture pieces left over from American Girl, so I'll keep them, but I don't plan on going out and buying any unless I really feel the need. I just feel that I need at least one chair for my doll. I can make covers and cushions for it and stuff to make it look like several different chairs, but thats it. I've also covered boxes and things with fabric and cushions to create couches. I like makeshift furniture.

10. Not really. The only piece of furniture I own for my dolls is the Volks red couch, which is only used for photos and otherwise packed away. Actually making a 'doll house' seems a little... well...

11. where do other people buy exactly such furniture? I always wanted to make a Dollhouse, but never had enough money, because i'm still buying Dollfie's, so it's less Money for some other things! But I also have never found something, that really fit me right! so it's difficult._.

12. Iv only been in the hobby for little less than a year, so Iv been mainly focused on dolls, their wigs, clothes, shoes, and not much else. However just two days ago at a doll show I was able to get a beautiful couch for just 10$. I couldn't resit, it was so affordable and lovely! With that I was given some chairs :) I love miniature things, I think in the future ill invest in making rooms for the dolls and displaying them around my house.

13. Not actively, but I can't help but stumble upon a few interesting props sometimes that I usually end up buying. A few of my local hardware stores are packed with useful doll things. Hardware stores of all! I've found everything from the already mentioned disco balls to in scale doll bath tubs there - it's ridiculous.

That one thing I am actually looking for is a bed big enough to fit my Super Gems (that is not the one sold through Dollmore and not quite that modern). It seems hopeless.

14. I am constantly looking for new pieces to add to my already large collection. I have 3 rooms set up as displays for my dolls and I use these rooms for photo shoots too. I also have a couple of dresser tops and one table top set up with furniture and dolls. My bad, I just keep buying and my hubby keeps letting me. I do believe it's his fault LOL.

15. It's only a matter of time once you've gotten your first doll!

16. At first, all my doll money went into dolls and clothes/wigs/eyes/etc., for the dolls.

NOW, I'm six or seven years into BJDs and I'm more interested in props and furniture. Oh... I was interested before... particularly in chairs and couches, so my dolls could actually SIT for a photo. I was lucky in that, because Ross was selling Kingstate furniture that was SD-sized (and MSD-sized), for $10 to $15, which was fantastic! I bought several couches and chairs in different styles, and have really been happy to have them over the years.

Like others, I am always looking for doll-sized items. I find things here and there, but it's not easy. Lately I've been looking for more furniture, but haven't really found much. It's all very expensive. I found a sort of couch-bed for my large-large dolls... It was a dog bed I saw on ebay.

I don't want a LOT of stuff because of the space/storage problem. I don't think I could make a whole diorama. But I love seeing what other folk do, and I'm heading in that direction if I can find some cool things in the right scale and the right price.

17. I'm looking for stuff so I could get better pictures with inside settings too, don't have anything yet but I'm planning to get stuff not actual dollhouse tought. My girls 60cm so that would be bit akward for me (I'm quite new in this hobby)

18. Thrift shops and yard sales are good sources. Doll furniture is big on some other on-line auctions.

I love to collect props. It is part of who I play with and display dolls, and play to photograph them.

I have a very large and deep wall shelf unit. Currently it is full of books. The compartments will perfect for me set up permanent cubicles of varying sizes an it is next to a window with perfect light for photography. I can adjust the shelves. It is on my to-do list to create rooms in these as I am able to sift and get out other things to make room for this.

I used to make to scale set models in theater and look forward to making all kinds of things in the way of props. Probably won't have time though until next year. Holiday season is fast approaching and other priorities are ahead of this one currently.

19. I'd love to get more furniture for my dolls but shipping cost is awful for the items I'd like to get usually. Luckily I managed to get a pair of chairs which are perfect for my msd's from a local charity shop fairly recently. It would be nice to make furniture and props one day but I've never found the time to give it a try so far.

20. To dedicate a living space for my current crew has always been a dream! I luv furniture and props. They tend to add more life and character to the dolls in my limited opinion. Im constantly on the lookout for items in various shops to double as props for SD size dolls. But it is harder to find the correct scale as compared to tinies.

Made my first piece of furniture for my SD boys a while back and just wana share here. Am intending to make stools and simple coffee tables when the time permits!

[​IMG]

It is a project as well as a dream to turn my spare room into their vey own living space. Not sure when that time will come or.. of it ever will. :?