1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you collect other items besides dolls in this hobby?

Jun 18, 2018

1. Besides collecting BJDs, the main content of this hobby, I like to collect also other items, like outfits from wellknown seamstresses or alpaca wigs from wellknown wigmakers. Anyone else collecting other items besides dolls? :)

2. Edit: Misreading :/

I mostly love to buy outfits from Volks, dollheart, odd numbers and some other taobao shops. And some japanese props, like kiseru, koto or shamisen.

I can't find eyes that satisfy me. I love one particular nin9style wig: I have it in like 3 different colors plus Licht 2.5 wigs.

#2 Demiurgo, Jun 18, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    3. That's very nice. :) Hello, I am a new member of DoA and I own a Night Lolita. I know it's not exatly a BJD but I am already starting to save up for a Fairyland minifee. Other items I collect? I love Studio Ghibli merchandise and I cosplay. Since I have cosplay costume-making skills, I can make an outfit for my dolls. :) Nice to meet you.

-Celina, 22, Philippines

4. Outfits and wigs are always a great thing to play with :) Trying different variations on you beloved doll is such a fascinating moment!
      I guess i'd collect something to interact with, such as a soda cans, some books, a cell phone etc. It will help to create more lively photos that I am totally into :chibi

5. Eyes, I can't help myself, I just love doll eyes. They are like little boxes of treasure I hoard in my doll cabinet!

6. True, doll's eyes are amazing, but I should say sometimes it's creepy when you're deciding which pair to choose and after some time staring at them you notice that they, like, staring back at you :aeyepop::shudder

7. No, I just have what I need for my dolls, shoes, eyes, outfits, wigs, nothing more.
      Otherwise, I collect other things that don't have so much to do with BJD (bears and vintage toys).

8. Absolutely! I love books too especially the ones written by James Rollins or Anthony Horrowitz <3

9. I would say other then my dolls I collect Funko Pops. I love certain movies, and animes so I try to find ones of those.

My dolls are the ones who collect clothes and shoes, I just pay for them. LOL

10. I own a humble amount of anime/video game/movie figures but I wouldn't call it a collection just yet, tho I plan on expanding it in the future.

However I do own a ridiculous amount of eyes that does not match my amount of dolls, so maybe I collect doll eyes unconsciously.

11. Another bjd collector who’s dolls have just what they need. Since I have many other hobbies, I gotta spread the $$ around between action figures/OT dolls, dollhouse miniatures, rock/mineral specimens, and craft supplies.

12. So far, nothing yet! With my non-BJDs, it was definitely shoes, but I haven't been able to find one pair of shoes that I both like and can actually buy, let alone a whole collection. :horror: I did recently end up with a Raouken corset, though, and I fell in love! It was so tiny and so well made. Maybe I'll start collecting her corsets instead of shoes. :XD:

13. Not so much from particular designers or makers but from anywhere I see one that appeals to me or works for one of my dolls.

I am amassing a huge number of clothes/outfits/shoes/wigs/accessories/fabrics/yarn/patterns for my BJD gang.

Teddy

14. I presume I've spent tons on eyes and wigs.

(Maybe I need more dolls to wear all the wigs and eyes that I've purchased. :shudder)

15. Props. OMG the props!!

I have room dioramas permanently built so I’m regularly buying things to add to those. About once a year, I host a swap meet and clear out all the extra stuff I’ve collected that doesn’t fit in the rooms.

Also, shoes and clothes but I’ve been cutting back a lot on those. Ideally, I’d like to be more minimalist as a whole but I just can’t bring myself to get rid of all the doll props, clothes and shoes.

16. I'm a bjd shoe collector. I currently have close to 40 pairs of shoes and 6 full dolls...so I passed "one pair for each doll" a long long time ago. I'm always on the lookout for bjd shoes in unique styles to add to the collection and will buy 1/3 shoes that I really like without having a particular outfit or doll in mind...I always find something someone can wear with them, eventually. So yeah, I would say my doll shoes actually are somewhat of their own little collection hobby within my bjd hobby.

17. I'm an absolute eyeball FIEND... I have more of the things than I'll ever use, but still collect sets that I think are interesting.

Props are also A Thing over here... In particular, miniature food, cooking and serving pieces for Crane's kitchen.

18. *raises hand*
      I'm another BJD owner with an eye hoarding problem. I have lots of colors and styles, but I cannot pass on a beautiful pair of brown urethanes. They are the favs among the favs.

I also have amassed a dolly shoe hoard? But I am becoming more constrained in my collecting. I've lost a few pairs to normal pleather aging and white rubber yellowing this year, so I am trying to only buy specific shoes at the time I need them.

19. Faceup supplies!! And art supplies in general, aheh. Art is such an experimental medium, I really enjoy trying out new supplies...and if I really like a particular brand, I make it a priority to try and get as many colors as possible!

Aside from dolls, I collect...other toys! :sweat I just love toys, it’s what initially attracted me to the BJD hobby.

20. Eyes, for sure. I'll rationalize my way out of buying new clothes or wigs for my dolls (they can share pants! I won't be taking photos of them at the same time anyways. Who cares if they barely fit?) but I'll buy a new lot of eyes if they look at me funny. If somehow I fell out of love with all my dolls I would still keep all the eyes.

Now that I've gotten into making my own eyes it's even worse. :sigh