1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you consider taking pictures of your doll fun?

Feb 21, 2018

1. I love taking pictures of my dolls but life keeps getting in the way, lol! I haven't been able to take pictures lately and it makes me sad. I find it funny that I take a lot of pictures and not post them anywhere, I suffer from the not good enough to share problem :)

2. Yes. When the result of all that arkward camera posture give the that one shot among many that captures what you want of the doll pays off.

I use a point and shoot currently and pick up a few pointers from dslr friends on and off.

If anything shooting photos just makes me try and see how I can fit my dolls to local events and parks since I can't have a 1/3 diorama. And it allows all that inspiration from books, games and anime to have an outlet.

3. Photo's are my favorite part! It's really my main focus.

4. I love taking pictures! And yes, it is a lot of fun for me, haven't had the inspiration for pictures lately as I am on a roll what goes sewing, but when I do snap some pictures I always find it enjoyable and relaxing

5. I always take pictures of my dolls especially my customised ones

6. I love taking pictures of my dolls & do have a light box, backdrops, tripod & lampstands but no I no longer have a space to set up these things. So I try to get by with natural light or artificial which I attempt to correct in Photoshop. No place to hang the backgrounds where I can use the light so I'm somewhat frustrated. But I still take photos, especially of my Little Fees since they hang out near my computer. Every time I change their clothes they get to have a fashion show. In spite of my lack of space I do still love taking photos especially when one or two come out really nice.

7. That's probably the part of the hobby I enjoy the least. I don't have a single good doll picture,so I'm not into that part of the hobby right now. I have lots of issues with my camera,lighting,having enough space to take pics. It's not enjoyable at all. Then I tell myself you don't have to take photos to enjoy this hobby,but then nobody ever sees your dolls or the things you make for them.

I've been looking at the Photography section for help,and I've decided I do want to take better pictures and try to get into that part of the hobby more. I was going to get a new a new doll soon,but I think I want a new camera instead.

#87 DahliaDevere, Oct 8, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    8. Yes. I love taking pictures of my dolls. They are so fun to pose. It's a challenge to get the lighting, background, and poses to all come together to make something that's an imitation of life.

9. Its so fun! Especially getting that really nice shot, and I have lots of fun in photoshop getting the pic to look as nice as possible >u<

10. I love to take photos of my dolls. Been a bit lazy lately, though, but when I bring them out, it's serious matter. I snap hundreds of photos, in all kind of beautiful scenery, but only a few are being posted, after being treated in Photoshop. I'm very picky about it.
      Dolls are art to me, and the characters I create, blends into all kind of myth and fairy tale scenery around here, and that's the point :) Great photos are great art. If you guys are curious, you can look at my photos on my Instagram:
      Tom Andresen (@tomda74) • Instagram photos and videos
      [​IMG]
      This is me on a photo road trip

11. I can spend all afternoon just posing and taking pictures for them. I just enjoy that quiet time I can get between only the doll and I

12. I tend to take pictures, and put them on Instagram, but I forget to put them on Flickr (and tag and share them there) and then here at DoA. It's easier to do the DoA step on my laptop than on my phone.
      I like catching "candids" of my kids through the day. I send them to my doll friends if they're good ones.

I get a lot of compliments about being able to get good images while so close and with such tiny models.
      I am always learning improvements too!

13. It's definitely fun taking pictures of my doll. I would go to a park to get good lighting and a beautiful background. I snap multiple photos also because it matters to me how I want the photo to turn out. I definitely would want to invest for lighting so I can take good photos at night also. I use my phone to take my dolls photo also.

14. When I began in this hobby, I thought taking pictures was a pain in the... well, I didn't enjoyed it.
      But now I found it very funny! My pictures are so much better than in the first years (back in 2008)! I'm still a little grumpy when I need to make more than one doll poses in front of my camera, but aside that I enjoy it a lot.

15. Definitely yes!

16. I'm honestly super excited to take lots of photos of my dolls when they arrive. So much so, that I even bought a special outfit for one of them to take her to Disney with me and snap photos of her all over the place.

17. Yes! I like posing then when I can. I feel like it really gives them a personality when you pose them. And it’s nice to show the clothes I made!

18. I love it! I’m not very good at.. :sweat but hopefully I will get better! I find it really fun and I feel super proud when the pictures turn out good!

19. I love taking pictures of my doll, it gets me curious about technique and motivated to get better :)

20. I actually got into dolls because of all the beautiful pictures that I've seen on Flickr and Instagram and from helping my friend take pictures of her dolls! They're great models and its fun being able to directly control posing as opposed to having to voice it out and explain when shooting live subjects :XD: