1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you consider taking pictures of your doll fun?

Feb 21, 2018

1. Yes and no, I love the idea but as of yet I'm not as good as I want to be at actually taking the pics. But I have plans and hopefully when I get more props etc I'll actually be able to take the pics I imagine in my head :lol:

2. Currently I hate taking photos of my dolls, because I have zero photography skills and my dolls are in a floating state while my tastes change quite drastically. I will probably get really into it later, after some decent study and practice! I do love the photography of other people though.

3. I enjoy taking pics but I suck at it lol

4. not as much as dressing them up... mostly because i suck at taking photographs.... guess i have a lot to learn.

5. Well, yes. However when it is cold it feels so bad on the hands :s

6. I love taking photos of my dolls but I never deem them good enough to actually upload and share. It doesn't help that my favorite victims are the 1/3-sized ones right now and I can't set them up properly. I don't think anyone is waiting to see out-of-scale pictures of my girl next to a vacuumcleaner or something. In that regard my tinies are much easier to photograph, just put up an A4 printed backdrop and shoot. I am working with just my smartphone and not planning to get a professional camera either right now so...

7. Yes! It's one of my favourite parts of owning dolls!

8. I’m not much of a caregiver tbh, I don’t like complicated care tasks. Which is why I own a snake, I guess! I do like dressing my dolls and fixing their hair though.

9. Yes! It’s always so satisfying when you get a really good picture!

10. I really enjoy taking pictures of my dolls and do so whenever I get the time. It's a nice way to unwind and I find the process can inspire new projects.

11. There is still a lot of improvement I would like to make in my photography, but I do like taking pictures of my dolls! I finally invested some of my spending money in a proper camera last year so I might as well put it to use. :thumbup

12. Yes, I love going for walks with my girls and taking nice photos of them. The few times I've set up a partial diorama for an indoor photoshoot I've had a lot of fun. However, I don't take it seriously. I use my camera phone exclusively. I don't own a nice camera. I don't really want to own a nice camera. I can get enough okay shots that I can show off the areas of the hobby into which I really sink my time and that's enough.

13. I enjoy taking pictures of my dolls. I only use my cellphone camera and my backgrounds are scrapbooking pages held to a trifold with magnets. Super simple set ups. I'm not a professional, I just love sharing my dolls.

14. I don't have a fancy camera, so I don't spend a lot of time prepping for my doll photoshoots. When I do take photos of them, it's with natural light through the window and on the carpet. And then I'll hold a piece of blank paper behind the doll because I get self-conscious if folks see what my apartment looks like for whatever reason.

Once my ladies come back from spa retreats and their outfit commissions are completed, I might invest in a better camera to take better pictures.

15. I love taking photos of my dolls. I miss doing it.

16. I love having photos of my dolls but I don't like taking photos of them. I have not learned how to use my camera very well so my photos are sometimes blurry or too bright. I also tend to cut off my dolls heads.

I don't like to assemble all of the props one needs to make an inside photo look nice. And then I don't like to go outside to take photos because I am afraid something will happen to my dolls.

17. I very much enjoy taking photos, and I'd love to be able to start making photostories too! Unfortunately, all I have is my iPhone camera which isn't the ideal for the quality of photos I dream of taking, yet at the same time I don't have much desire to buy a top-of-the-line camera either! Plus I don't have a very good eye for lighting, composition, and backgrounds, but I suppose that will have to come with practice. ;O

18. I love love LOVE taking photos of my dolls! While I don't have the best backgrounds (mostly just my desk), I like to try and at least make the dolls themselves look expressive. I enjoy sharing my pictures on my IG though I've come to notice that I need to vary up my compositions as they all end up being up close portraits for the most part.

19. I love taking pictures of my dolls but I don't have a good camera. I never did. I use the most basic of cameras. I don't care. In my early days in this hobby, I love photos in the snow but these days, I do very few on location photo sessions. I've taken my dolls to museums, art galleries, historical places, parks, cemeteries, churches, warship museums in different countries. I look back at the photos fondly and remember the happy times together.

20. Yes!
      I love taking photos of my dolls and especially taking them out to interesting places for pictures, it's super fun!
      I have a DSLR and some lens and create sets in their room for photography purposes but I don't have any light boxes/reflectors ect yet but maybe some day