1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

do you draw a mole on your dollfie?

Aug 22, 2011

1. I love moles in dolls speacially in their faces. I have eleven moles in my face so I am very used to see them and I like my dolls to have moles too. Not eleven, but I think a mole or two in their face looks charming.

2. I'm not a fan of the look. I mean, there are some people and dolls that pull the look off, with the fight makeup or whatever, but I don't see myself ever putting a mole on one of my dolls intentionally. .-.

3. I LOVE moles/beauty marks in real life, it adds character and I think they're sexy. I've always been jealous of my friends that do have them because I don't.

I do have a few dolls with moles.

Blake has a small on on his chin and a couple on his body. Indy has one on his upper lip. Ryan has a couple on his face (cheek and by his nose). Heath has two on his face (jaw and cheek). Spike has a couple of hidden ones on his body. I've had several in the past that did as well.

4. My Bee has 3 small beauty marks. Two near his eye, and one on the opposite corner of his lip. I think they're nice additions to faceups, they add a little "something" where it may be missing. It's all personal preference of course though.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/kotobawaglider/P1030151.jpg
      You can see his eye marks here, and the lip one very faintly (but it's pretty shadowed out).

5. One of my dolls has three small moles/"beauty marks", two around her eye area and one above her upper lip (here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59309131@N08/6059327568/)
      I had two other dolls have one mole each too, but I just redid their face-ups and now they don't anymore. I usually "go with the flow" while I am painting a doll's face, and sometimes, a mole just appears. Basically, I think that moles can be attractive on some people, as well as freckles, and that is why I use both elements in my face-ups.

EDIT: I was so inspired by this thread, that I just added a mole on a face-up I am doing right now ^^

6. Itsuka your dolls are beautiful! I wouldn't mind a mole on My Cain or Maybe even Gregory. Good idea!

7. None of my dolls have moles currently, but I have done a face-up with two moles. I think they can look great on a doll, whether they are painted to look natural, or have a more 18th century, artificial flair.

8. I have, and for some reason I love doing it XD, maybe becasue it makes them more real? I dont know, but I quite love moles on them!

9. Only one! My SD13 Shiro is supposed to be one of those trashy fun-loving guys who always looks like he slept in last night's eye makeup, including the little beauty-mark that he paints on himself. Right below one eye. :whee:

10. i think moles are beautiful on dolls. They can often add that final touch of realism to them as well. I loved adding on more moles to my boys character because in all reality everyone has at least one.

11. I love moles and freckles, and I always find it odd that moles get such a bad rap while freckles are so loved. I have both and I love seeing both on dolls and people. Because of that, most of my dolls have either freckles or moles or both xD

My Alejandro has a few moles on his face (and there's D in the front with freckles):

[​IMG]
      Not Buddies by captnklaus, on Flickr
      He has another on his chin you can't really see here.

And my girl Airy has some on her face and body (some in places I have moles as well ;3 ):

[​IMG]
      A Peek by captnklaus, on Flickr

12. I've seen dolls with some very nicely and naturally painted moles. I myself have painted moles on some of my dolls but of course my faceup skill is nothing to compare with the professionals. :lol:

13. Yupz! One of my boys is currently at the artist's place getting his face up done.

He'll be having two moles, one near each eye, at the exact places where I have mine~

14. 354 views and 34 replies..lol

15. I like anything that makes a doll look more natural, including moles and freckles. Who has perfectly porcelain skin?
      My Soul-Kid Emilia is named after a book character, Albertine. In the story, the narrator can't remember where her mole is located and mentions three different places before he discovers which is the actual "spot".
      I decided to have Souldoll place a mole in each of the areas the mole was thought to be--under the eye, upper lip, and chin.

16. Ghaleon, my shiwoo elf, developed some on his own! I'm not sure why, but sometimes resin gets little color marks in them that develop over time. it's probably where the resin wasn't mixed as well or something minute drifted into the batch... But Ghaleon has a mole on his wrist and one on his leg I think? I think it's awesome and makes him even more individual. he was my first doll... and arguably my favorite.

My old narae/cp girl had a mole on her cleavage... because i love the way that looks. XD

17. I associate the English word "mole" as for something non-pretty as well as think the cute dots as "birthmarks". But I think it comes from my own language, too.

I have not made many face-ups, but I like these little birthmark-dots on the doll´s face, I think they give balance and add realism.

I used to have a Domadoll Okki, which I gave a similar birthmark I have myself under my left eye. Still though on her it is more visible.

[​IMG]

18. I refer them to beauty marks, but yes one of my dolls have one on her face and hand/feet.

[​IMG]

19. One of my friends was doing a face-up for me and gave my boy a little mark on his cheek by his lip artistic privilege is what she called it I believe I just shook my head and said he looked lovely. I think it depends on the doll and if it was something that was desired or fits with their character.

20. My Cheska has a subtle one. (Really need to get a body for her so I can post pictures...) It's not near her mouth but her temple. No one would see it unless they were looking, but I like that it's there. Like others, it happened as an accident.