1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

do you draw a mole on your dollfie?

Aug 22, 2011

1. Both my SD boys have moles. I don't have pictures of their new faceups with the moles though. I think because I have freckles and moles it tends to roll over to my dolls. LOL

2. I want to turn a Delf Dew into Andrej Pejic. He's got to have a mole!

But for the most part I don't think a mole or freckles would suit any of my dolls.

3. I put moles on my dolls. They add character and I have one on my right cheekbone. I quite like their look as I'm not always fond of over perfection. If they are handled with a light-hand, they are very charming, but when they look like solid dots.. not so much. The same goes for freckles although I have not personally attempted those, but they can look really cute, but also like the doll has a disease if they are too symetrical in placement/size/too heavy in texture.

4. Unless it's very distinct, i don't usually notice moles on people's faces or their body... so it always surprises me when I see them on dolls. XD I will sometimes put them on if I think of it, but it's not something I get hung up on.

5. I wouldn't be confident enough to put one on my dolls, but I still think they add character and individuality :)
      I have freckles myself and I LOVE seeing them on dolls, I guess I'm just a fan of unique-ness ^w^

6. My Sidra has 3 moles... I feel they give him personality.

[​IMG]

7. I have one doll with two moles just under his eye, he was my most realistic at the time so I wanted him to be a little more true to life, he has some tiny scars on his face too. It just added realism.

8. I have an entire story set in a Baroque court and my plan is for all the women (and several of the men!) to have mouches... like beauty marks.

I love painting on beauty marks, moles, and freckles. I feel it gives my dolls a bit more uniqueness. :3

9. Yup!

One of my dolls, bought from the Marketplace with a faceup already, had quite a few moles incorporated into his faceup. I adore him and I love how it looks.

I'm thinking about getting some moles for one of Soulkids too... Though she may end up with freckles. I'm still deciding.

10. Non of my dolls have moles. That's just not my taste..
      But one near mouth or under eye looks so great.

11. I like small moles in real life. I've also seen really well done moles on dolls. I prefer mine without moles, though. I don't want mine to have that kind of realism to them.

12. I wouldn't put moles on ALL my dolls, though I have two sculpts on the way that I WANT to put moles on. :aheartbea I'm also planning to put freckles on one of the dolls on my wishlist! :P

13. I prefer to consider them as beauty marks. Moles sounds so harsh.
      Two of my dolls have beauty marks (Pie and Mink) and more of mine in the future will.
      I have several in real life and have many freckles as well, I feel they add some charm to my characters and it's like putting a tiny bit of myself into them. So I will continue to do it ♥

14. I don't have any on my dolls, or any planned for later dolls. I don't like the way they look, they seem very fake (of course they are but that's not the point) and I don't even like them on people much. I have one, or at least the only one on me I'VE ever seen and its on the side of my left middle finger and looks nothing like any of the moles I've ever seen painted on people or dolls.

15. IMO, it depends on the faceup. If you're trying for a very realistic faceup, they'll pass. But a doll with a very stylized faceup doesn't necessarily benefit.

I lean more towards liking freckles since I apparently hail from a long line of later-life leopard people, and any moles are awash in a tide of freckles. But at least doll moles are FLAT, which I think is a plus. No raised bumpy things, or things hanging off thin little stems (what do they call them, "cherrystem moles"?)

The one thing I haven't seen anyone do on a doll yet are those things that look like moles but are red, like a little rounded cluster of capillary ends. Are they called "strawberry marks" too, or is that term reserved for the larger reddish birthmarks that can occur?

16. I think a teenie beauty marl can be really cute!!
      Lots of people have them, and maybe a few on some body blushing or one of the face ads some realism. Rather than flawless plain doll skin.

I was going to make a doll of Nuriko from the anime fushigi yuugi.
      He has one right under his eye. But that never happened, lol.

17. I'm not a fan of 'beauty marks' irl I never liked Cindy Crawford's. Hundreds of years ago they were there to cover up a pimple, and I'd be afraid that if I painted one on it would look like a blemish rather than an accent.

18. Almost all of my current dolls have beauty marks or moles or freckles. All of my future dolls will have some sort of "blemmish", too. Not all of the marks are in the same area, though.

I think people who say dolls with moles or beauty marks are "ugly" are being overly critical.

I also find that many of the people who dislike moles are people who tend to like "anime" type dolls.

I think many people find "anime" type dolls to be "ugly", though! You really can't please anyone these days.

Me, I think a doll looks unnatural without something on their face somewhere, whether or not it's a mole or some sort of freckling doesn't matter. No one ever has a spot on their face untouched by a freckle or some sort of natural blemmish. No one! :P

19. Again, I think it depends on whether you're going for a realistic human look, or have a fantasy creature in mind.

A vampire and a satyr are sitting in the waiting room of an all-night dermatologist, comparing moles....

20. I actually have quite a few dolls with moles/beauty marks. I find it adds a little character and diversity between my boys. More often than not, they're not black marks for me - usually brown and rather small. I don't like large ones -- but I love the way they look <33

Here's my K-Doll Kael, Ivan. The only one that actually has black beauty marks.
      [​IMG]