1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

do you draw a mole on your dollfie?

Aug 22, 2011

1. "A vampire and a satyr are sitting in the waiting room of an all-night dermatologist, comparing moles.... "

This was the best thing I've ever heard anyone say! You made my night. x3

2. Just figured I'd drop off a couple of Mink, who has a beauty mark just below his lip in character, but on it for his faceup. I usually prefer dolls who have them over the ones that don't.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

3. Nah, I don't like it much. I have one myself on my face and I wish I could get it to go away, so I wouldn't put one on my dolls.

Though on certain dolls, it can look very lovely.

I actually just ordered a Dollzone Yan-2 from MoC and requested that Dollzone NOT draw the moles/beauty marks on her face. So hopefully, they won't. MoC said they put the request in.

4. I'd like to see someone do the uncolored sort of moles or bumps, without making them look like a mistake. Wonder if that's even possible! Or bigger moles, not just pinpoint beauty marks. You can't claim the gamut of realistic unless those get included!

5. I don't want moles or beauty marks on my fantasy dolls, but for my human dolls I wouldn't mind. It's something I probably wouldn't ask a face-up artist to put do, but I wouldn't mind if I bought a head that already had them painted on. If done right, they can be really cute.

6. No, I'm already cursed with a dreaded beauty mark on my own face. I don't need my dolls to be cursed with one too. xD

7. Oddly enough I didn't see a lot of dolls with moles unless they were big random spatterings of them across the face (not freckles). Iris has a mole (more of a beauty mark, I guess), and the boy I have coming has a strawberry birthmark in the same position on the opposite side of his face.

Now that Iris has one, I see a lot of people do too. XD Not saying it's because of me of course, what I mean is maybe I wasn't as aware of them until after I got one done, because I hadn't thought about it.

8. I love them. One of my guys was meant to have a mole, though it wound up being a little too faint, I'll have to darken it up when I get the crew all wiped and re-faced.

Vince doesn't have a natural mole, but he had a beauty mark in his first faceup. It's smudged and faded now, hence the need for new faces all around.

9. Yes, I have a couple of dolls with moles. I think they look cute, and add more character to the faceup. I have three moles and I like them. :D One of my boys has a mole under his eye, and the other has one above his lip.

10. My doll and another one that I'm planning to buy are going to be siblings with the same eye color and moles on their faces. It's just my way of identifying them as related. I personally think they're cute that's why I wanted at least one of my dolls with one.

11. I love dolls with moles and freckles. If I knew how to do that and make it look realistic,all my dolls would have beauty marks like that.

12. Depends on the character. uvu my Shainto has a pair of tiny twin moles under his left eye.

[​IMG]

13. Miles has several!
      [​IMG]

I have quite a few beauty marks in real life, as well as symmetrical ones under my eyes, so why not include them in a doll?

14. Yes! When I reshelled my OC Pichi from a Minifee Miyu to a Minifee Luka, I made up her faceup and included an angel kiss on her cheek! :aheartbea

[​IMG]
      Angel kiss by Trinity-In-Rainbows, on Flickr

15. Lenny has two little beauty marks on her face! I think they give her character.

[​IMG]

16. Several of my dolls will have moles in various places, but only one will have very prominent beauty marks. They will be like the "patches" that rich people in certain old-world courts wore. :)

17. Only one! And it's not even really 'his'. :XD: Sora is a saucy lad who does his own eye makeup, and he draws on a beauty-mark with black eyeliner pen before he goes out for the evening. He wasn't born with it.

[​IMG]