1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Dress Your Dolls For the Seasons?

Jun 23, 2010

1. No, mainly cos im very picky about outfits' quality and them being period accurate(victorian) and cos it's hard to dress 24+ dolls in season appropriate outfits. I would love to one day, though.

2. I want to but, my dolls have very little to wear :( I love sweaters and scarves, so as it gets colder in PA I hope to get some winter stuff.

3. I know when it's time to change her outfit. I looked at her yesterday and actually asked "How are you not freezing in that?"
      Then I face palmed... :sweat

4. I would love to... But right now I have a whole doll incoming before I can start planning extra outfits for everyone XD that and I owe Rika some decent underwear XD

5. I do! I feel weird when my dolls are dressed inappropriately for the seasons. I'm exactly like you, Mitsuko_Elric! If my dolls look like they'd be freezing or sweating, I definitely notice and want to change their clothes! :XD: And not even just for a photoshoot; it bothers me if they're on my desk in a summer dress in mid-November, LOL!

6. As I only have my one doll I would love to dress her for different seasons... alas I only have autumn/winter clothes for her. I need to buy her more clothes!

7. I want to. C:
      Don't have much cloths for them but I want to dress them according to the season. C:

8. I only really care about the tinies, and if they are appropriately dressed for the season. They are the ones I 'play' most with, and the ones that I always see standing around. I'd feel cold if it was snowing outside and my doll was wearing summer clothes. My larger dolls only have one outfit each, so they stay the same regardless of the season.

That being said, I think I really need to make my dolls some winter coats. Last winter they all got new sweaters, but that's not exactly warm enough for a Canadian winter. Problem is, I have ten tinies that need coats!

9. Yeees, lol I dress my girl for hot and cold weather. Cold weather has lots of long dresses, warm weather has some cute sundress XD

10. Not for the seasons, but I could definitely see myself dressing Anri for the holidays! :D It'd be really cute to have outfits for Christmas, New Year's, Easter, the 4th of July, etc.

11. Nope.
      In general, mine wear pretty much the same sorts of outfits year-round. It's not like they have to worry about catching colds, after all. ('One of the definite advantages that comes with being inanimate. :lol: )

That said, I've always tended to put Tien Jen in his coat or one of the cloaks if I'm taking him out for pictures in winter. It's just a character thing that's stronger with him than any of the others, I guess.

12. I really want to do that, but so far it is still on my "to do" list. I have tons of fabric to make them things for the seasons, still in the bins. Someday....