1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Dress Your Dolls For the Seasons?

Jun 23, 2010

1. I would like to, but I don't have nearly enough clothes to do that, lmao. I only think it would be odd to see dolls in thick winter coats in summer though - shorts and a T-shirt don't look so odd in winter, because the heating is on in the house! ;)

2. To a limited extent I do, yes. Lately it's getting hot so some of my crew are starting to wear shorts and such. It looks weird if they're hanging out in my living room in heavy clothes while I'm sweating away . . . :sweat Or wearing shorts in winter.

3. No, unfortunately not. It would be nice, but the money available says otherwise (and especially if you're buying for a lot of dolls, that could get quite too much).

4. Yes, I mean I don't go nuts (For instance none of them have mittens poor things) but like I don't want to see one in a sweater, it would make me feel hot right now! I like them to be fairly appropriate. Of course some of my Undead kids wear a jacket all the time. They are always cold.

5. I live in Miami, so basically it is pretty much hot all year round, but I have lots of winter clothes for my boys. I love the layered look, coats and sweaters and scarves etc. ;)

6. Well, I live in Florida so I can't dress my crew in warm winter jacket, thought they do have them. They mostly stay in short sleeves, jeans, and summer dresses.

7. Absolutely. I change my dolls clothes (really just the girls, don't have much to begin with for my men) twice a year. They each have their spring/summer and then their fall/winter oufits. I tend to do it when I change over my bedroom from more dark bedding to light in the spring and then back again in the fall. It's a huge project, getting the boxes of clothes out of the closet and going through them (and yes, I do have a lot I have collected over the years) . I can spend hours in one day changing their clothes, shoes and wigs, but I love it.

8. i would like too but i dont have enough clothes.... :( but eventually (when i'll be rich xD) i'll buy my dolls a huuuuuuuuuuuge amount of clothes for all seasons :3

9. No real seasons where I live, but for the record, I would only care about dressing appropriately if I'm taking a girl outdoors--they look that much cuter if they match the weather.

Indoors they can wear whatever they want.

10. I do. I don't want them wearing winter coats in summer or thin dresses in winter.

Almost everyone has several outfits so they can be appropriately dressed.

11. Oh, wow this thread took off way more than I thought it would.

Everyone's answers are really interesting, I wasn't expecting so many people to actually dress their dolls differently. I think it's interesting that some people do it subconsciously. I, personally, would fall into the "I'd get warm just seeing my dolls in thick clothing or layers during the summer, while I'm sitting here in shorts and a t-shirt and sweating my own arse off." (That is, if I had a doll, and it will most likely apply when I finally do get my doll).

With my old doll, thinking back on it, I think I did subconsciously dress him differently for the weather.

12. I've been curious about this! I do dress my dolls seasonally, at least sort of. It's part of the whole change of seasons, like wanting lighter colors around in the spring. You know how when it's 90 degrees, just looking at a fuzzy sweater makes you feel itchy? I wouldn't want my dollies all wintery when it's really hot out. I do have a doll who is a demon and wears long black dresses all the time--I suppose she doesn't get hot. But I still wouldn't have her in a big fuzzy cloak in July.

I make most of my doll's clothes, and I can crochet hats and scarves, so it's easy for me to bundle them up. That's more when I'm taking them out, though--like, I went to a meet in December, and the dollies I brought were wearing something warmish. They all have a basic dress or two that they wear most of the time in the house.
      I've noticed that it's something that non-BJD-but-interested people really pick up on. I've had a few people say things like, "Oh, isn't she cold?" It's very cute.

13. Yeah...no, I think my guys are dressed for all seasons, short of being strewn around nakid for this summer heat. My family would object if they walked in on that.

...I did have to wash Geist's clothes the other day, so he was nakid. Just what everyone wanted to see, ghostly nudeness...the Sabik also only owns his boxor shorts and a pair of boots, not quite the same as dressing for the seasons, though. >_>

14. Right now the weather is really hot, but almost all of my dolls have long pants on. xD I don't feel too weird about it since they're always in my room though.
      My dolls don't really have enough clothes to wear things according to the season. If a jacket/pants combo is the best outfit they have, then that's what they'll wear to a meet-up (hot weather or not). If they had a more wide range of clothes though I think I'd dress them more according to the season.

15. Until today, I would have said that Ginger was dressed appropriately for this spring in Seattle, which as been in the upper 50s lower 60s and overcast for quite a while. Today, there was blue sky and a giant yellow orb!

Ginger is still wearing this cozy outfit:
      [​IMG]

16. I don't really bother, perhaps if each of my dolls had a full wardrobe I might, but even then... probably not. I don't really think of my dolls as little people, I don't worry that they'll feel cold or hot. And sometimes it's nice to have a doll in a light, summery dress even when it's cold and rainy outside, or a long sleeved dress and tights even when it's blistering hot here. Dolls don't have to live in the real world, it can be a perpetual springtime afternoon for them if that's what I like. :)

17. Absolutely! They have warm and cold weather pajamas, and long and short sleeved shirts/dresses. I do a lot of sewing, so they definitely have a pretty good wardrobe. It's not so much that I think to myself "I bet he's too warm" because that would also lead to "I bet he's hungry" and "I bet he's tired of holding htat position" and that would spiral into "What's that dollie? Run naked down the street in a purple wig? If you say so...." O___o

I change their clothes for the seasons because I'm one of those people who sees someone wearing a tanktop in January and it makes me cold. My dolls sitting around in their snugglies in winter adds to the ambiance, and short sleeves in summer makes me feel less hot.

18. Considering my lack of funds, I do not have much in the way of seasonal clothing for my boys except for the winter, but I recently took off Kamijo's jacket... it looked a little strange in Texas heat right now ^_^;; But depending on the characters, I may... but I don't dress for the seasons myself so they're kinda like me in a way >_>

19. It's funny I should find this post because I was thinking that myself! My dolls are kinda dressed half and half. Like the girls have skirts with long socks/ long sleeve shirts and the boys mostly have long pants with short sleeve shirts. So they are neither too hot nor too cold! Does that make sense?

20. I try to, I actually get upset if I can't dress them appropriately for the season or event.