1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Dress Your Dolls For the Seasons?

Jun 23, 2010

1. I can tell from my habits with other things that I'll be one of the "dress them according to the season" people. Since I sew for myself, I figure I can sew for a doll :3 (and believe me I have enough fabric to last) I can knit a little, so maybe I'll start doing that while I'm saving up :D

2. I plan on dressing my dolly for each season, currently he's only got one outfit, though. Once I've got the money and/or sewing abilities, he'll surely have the clothes to dress for each season~

3. Not yet, but I'll be building up a wardrobe for my dolls to do that with. I think it's so lovely to have them match the season~

4. Actually, I kind of do, to a certain extent anyway. I don't put heavy clothes on Chae-ri right now--she doesn't get hot or cold, but seeing her in a sweater or heavy coat right now would make me break out in sympathy sweat.

I'm pathetic. :B

5. Yeah, I do. ^_^;; When I first bought Yoru and took him outside he wore a cloak and layered shirts all winter. And now that summer's approaching, all my boys are getting t-shirts, tanks and shorts made.

6. clothes can be so expensive sometimes....
      I think it's necessary to change once in a while..but not too often... or else i will be broke soon lolz

7. I dress my doll for the seasons, because it's just how my mind works. (Although she can wear summer clothes in the winter, and doesn't really seem to mind. But I wouldn't put a heavy coat on her in the summer; it seems oppressive to think of when I'm feeling the heat and humidity.)

8. I like to change them up every month with a different theme according to the month.

9. It is boiling hot here and for a minute I did look at my dolls and think, I should change them into something cooler, then I thought they are dolls - what am I thinking!!!!!!

10. Definately! They change from warm to cool weather clothes with the seasons. They have seasonal outfits like snowsuits and swimsuits. They also have outfits for holidays - Halloween, New Years Eve, etc., especially the child dolls. For me it's part of the fun to sew new outfits as each season arrives.

11. I do like to sew seasonal or festive clothes for my dolls; since they are decorative objects, I redress them to match the seasonal decor in the rest of my house. ^^;;

12. Yes. I buy and make clothes for the seasons. My SD girl has the least amount of clothing, but my tinies all have clothes for all weather. And the dress for it. I make some stuff and buy stuff. But I've been at it for 4 years, so time helps to collect stuff.

13. I do. Clothes are initially bought for photoshoots, so it does matter that a doll in winter doesn't walk the alleys in a short summer dress ^_^;; I only have a couple of sets for each doll though - basically corresponding certain locations or themes, and don't feel like changing their clothes when they're at home (however, I would feel uneasy if a doll were sitting in a wool coat with the heat outside, so they are all wearing their summer clothes).

14. I find myself every summer and every winter changing my doll's clothes. It just seems wrong to leave them in something heavy in the summer.

15. Yes!!
      I do that with my dolls!!
      It's more fun that way!

16. I change mine. At least shirts get changed from sweaters/long sleeves to short sleeves or sleeveless. They usually stay in long jeans though, since I have baggy-boxersophobia for the most part..... But changing outfits is part of the fun for me (unlike finding shoes that fit each doll, and that they can free-stand in--), even though several dolls seem to end up with particular items that are theirs alone.

I like them to be appropriately dressed for the season in photostories, since they would "feel" in those. And except for some more costumey type outfits, I get hot seeing someone in layers and jackets in the summer, or almost nude in the winter. (Except for one character who is emotionally glued to his hawaiian shorts no matter what time of year.)

There's another reason for changing too -- with heat and humidity in summer, heat builds up in their boxes (my apartment is never very cool in the summer), and ever since I got a doll a couple of years ago who actually got permanently stained from leather during a lengthy transit time, I'd rather err on the side of bareness during the summer.

17. I don't usually, but sometimes I think my dolls look hot or cold if not dressed for the weather.

18. I so totally would but i have more pressing matters for my money like another doll:D but he already has 2 pants, a shirt, a pair of boot, and a kimono so for now he has enough clothing at least till after i get him a friend.

19. To put it bluntly, yes.

They have tee-shirts and shorts if it's hot, hoodies and pants if it's cold, and even pjs to wear at night. XD

I feel bad if I have them in a sweatshirt and it's 80 degrees out, lol. >w>;

20. haha,funny questions,but we concern a lot abou this,right?
      i think often if i can, i would care about the season when i dress up my boys,i would chage their clothes when the season changes,but i can only try to dress them up with the clothes i've bought for them.lol
      so sometims it's a difficult thing 4 me to do.>,<