1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Dress Your Dolls For the Seasons?

Jun 23, 2010

1. Not yet. I'm working on that part. In autumn, I plan on making her LOTS of clothes. By then, she should have a fashion sense. XD

2. I like dressing my BJD in weather attire. They do not feel hot or cold weather, of course, but for me it is somehow like when you see someone wearing winter clothes in a deeply sunny day or summer clothes in a wintery one. You do not feel the temperature that person feels, but I think first impression is "How hot" or "How cold" when clothes and weather (Season) do not match between them. That is the psychological reason why I dress my BJD for the seasons - This happens to my mom about her BJD too -, but not the only one. I love dressing them for each season.

3. yes yes oh god yes TvT. if it is hot outside and I see someone in long sleeves or a jacket, I start to sweat. And if I see someone running around in a tanktop and flipflops in the snow, I start to shiver. I thought it wouldnt effect me seeing as they are dolls but it does. If it is hot in my house and I see the dolls dressed in their winter best, its gotta change>.<

4. I will probably do this eventually but at the moment I'm focused on completing the basics for my dolls - and getting the other dolls that I have planned. I might buy them secondary outfits along the way, but since none of my dolls are complete I've got that to contend with first.

5. If I had one, I'd try. I'd maybe try to get clothes that can be for either extremes. I've looked at Dollmore.com, and their coats are really nice. I'd try to take my doll out with me, too.

I also think it only makes sense if you're taking your doll outside. Otherwise, why bother?

6. Yes, I dress my dolls depending on the season and also I make a new clothes just for the season for them. I plan to make all kinds of stuff for my dollie people, this includes shoes too.

7. I am trying to do but some seasons I cannot.:doh

8. Exactly so. ^^ Right now I'm planning to shop for more winter clothes in advance xD

9. I'm planning on doing so for my doll.

10. Yes definitely. I will be dressing them for the seasons. :-)

11. We still have a bit of a limited wardrobe but there is enough variation that I definitely dress for the seasons! Even though they don't feel or anything, who likes seeing people wearing heavy cold weather clothing in the dead of summer when its nearing 100? It makes me feel overly hot just thinking about it, haha.

We stick with sweaters/ long sleeve shirts and pants (warmer clothing) for the colder seasons and sun dresses for warmer times. Though hoodies are staples for all seasons. Hopefully in a few more months I will have expanded their wardrobe more, so that there is clear distinction between seasonal clothing. :D

12. Sometimes, i'll get really in the holiday mood (Depending on the holiday) and i'll make some really basic stuff for my dolls around the different holidays. Usually Christmas, Halloween, and sometimes, easter. Depending.

13. I try too. My RS An is the only one who actually has SHORTS right now, but I'm planning on making a few more pair for the others, though prying the one guy out of his leather pants is going to be a trip. He hates shorts. My DZ guy is wearing his pink summer halter dress, and my other BBB/RS hybrid is wearing the An's jeans until I make him shorts. The three pants guys are all running around topless.

In the winter they all wear pants and shirts, and the DZ guy has a black and purple dress with thick purple stockings to keep his legs covered. They have little capes with hoods to wear in lieu of coats, so I TRY, but I make my own clothes, so, sometimes it's hard to get them ALL in proper dress. >-> I need more empty time to sew in.

14. I tend to dress them according to the season without really thinking of it. It's not that I think they can feel it, it's more like I'm really feeling uncomfortable looking at them during a heatwave with them wearing jeans and sweaters while I want to rip my own skin off cause it's too hot. Or in the winter them wearing really thin and short things while I'm wearing two sweaters, looking at them makes me feel even chillier. So yes. I don't change their clothing constantly but with the general trends of the weather it does change.

15. Not really....It is always very hard for me to find nice outfits which meet the seasons

16. No.. they just ware what I like them to wear.. XD and sometimes it fits the season and sometimes it doesn't ;)

17. Yup. I like making silly seasonal shorts and shirts, and since the dolls can't fight back, they have to wear them! :mwahaha

18. When I get my big girl in the mail I probably will once she has a large enough wardrobe. It would drive me nuts to see her in really heavy clothes when it's hot out @_@

19. They don't really have enough clothes for that, but I try. Sometimes, I might have the feel for the rainbow pants instead of the brown shorts, despite the weather, or it might be freezing cold inside and hot out. Hmm, conflicting interest.

20. I am definitely planning on that! I think also this is a great aspect of the hobby. I am already dreaming about winter meets where Claire will be wearing fuzzy boots, tights, "knitted" winter dresses, and a coat. I want to get her a nice long trench to go from fall to winter, and a medium length winter pea coat, or trench to go over her sweaters and wool skirts :D Ohmygawd I can't wait. Can you tell this is my first doll and I've only had her about a month? lol
      Right now I am hunting for cute strappy heels for the summer dresses, and "star" sneakers to go with shorts and little halters and tank tops :D