1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Dress Your Dolls For the Seasons?

Jun 23, 2010

1. I have two words for you lady..... Banana hammock.... LMAO

2. *snerk* Yeah, and he had to wear that too! ;)

3. LMAO well, he looked cute in it :D even Iple said so lol "the panty is very small and very cute" or something like that LMAO they are too cute sometimes.

4. my girl dresses in black no matter the weather or season (tho she have one white and green summer dress but that's because it was a good price on fabric) though in the summer she have only the dress and in the winter she has a blouse under and a black coat with roses if we are going out ofc

5. I'm inclined to dress them according to the weather. At the same time, I find it it oddly amusing to think about taking pictures of dolls in shorts and tee shirts in the winter time when it's cold and snowy...

6. My poor crew is tormented with seasonal clothes as well as holiday outfits. I make all their clothes, so they are tortured as I see fit :)

7. Yes sometimes^^ But It depends of that too did I have winter/summer etc. clothes....But I try to get cooler and warmer clothes, and when I travel to somewhere with my dolls and if is it winter I try to dress up them warmer!

8. Since there's only one season in my country - summer (with lots of rain so its HOT and HUMID) I don't exactly follow the 'seasons'

9. I wouldn't change their outfit just because it happened to be cold or warm that day, but in Winter I imagine I'll put them in jackets and things. Just because it's a change of wardrobe and it's fun. :3
      I also think I'll make them Halloween outfits this year, so maybe I'll do Christmas and Easter too.

10. I do a general seasonal thing, not an individual day clothes change - unless it's Xmas or something I want to make a point of :3

But living in the UK, I don't always get to change my honeys to the very lightest and flirtiest fabrics like I would if we lived somewhere hotter T_T (Obviously they'd be too cold - I have to consider their feelings ;) )

Edit: Ooh - Halloween - now that could be interesting **thinks Japanese horror and white kimonos...**

11. I guess I don't, since one of my boys wore one of those at Christmas. XD
      And Christmas here is below freezing and snowy much of the time!

Right now it's so hot just going outside is death. And it's possible to drown due to the gawdawful humidity...and most of mine are in so many layers they'd be at home in the frozen north!! or south.

I just dress them how I feel like dressing them, and I like cold weather clothing. So hot or not, they all get their sweaters and layers!!

12. LMAO at least Ichigo was in Florida at Banana hammock time :D So he can't complain much! :D

13. I admit I made a summer dress for my girl since she came in the middle of a heat wave. Would I make seasonal clothing for my doll? Sure why not. I got tons of fabric to make something seasonal.

14. I do, it makes me hot just looking at them if they're wearing winter clothes in the summer. When its a hundred degrees out it feels silly for them to be in winter gear, and vice versa. I do like to dress them for Halloween, but usually they just wear whatever :)

15. we don't really have "seasons" here (Fall and Spring happen within a week of eachother at any time of year and Winter is only a few days so it's basically always Summer here) so no, I don't dress dress my girl for the season.
      I will probably dress her in winter clothes during the winter just so that I can pretend that we have seasons here though.

16. i was planning on making my giselle an outfit for christmas...but i can't do a thing until i get my new sewing machine. i love the idea of dressing the dollies for the seasons. dunno if my boys will be home for valentine but i plan on dressing them all for the ocassion if they are <3 :D

17. I realized how lacking my boys wardrobe was for winter clothing ,so this break I shall be making many coats and sweaters. They already have the scarves.
      Dressing for the seasons is fun, and when it's freezing outside I feel bad of they're not properly bundled up. Plus it doesn't cost that much for me to make them all kinds of outfits.

18. Of course! It doesn't make sense to have dolls in sweaters in the summer, they just look silly. And in the winter, I wouldn't want them to be cold... *looksaround*

19. i try to. i just hate to think that ingrid is too cold or too hot.

20. No. Each of my dolls has one perfect outfit, that's it :) All my girls where dresses, even in winter :)