1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Dress Your Dolls For the Seasons?

Jun 23, 2010

1. Yup, I dress my girl according seasons. In summer, when it was very hot she was sitting only with her panties and shirt. :lol: Now, she's always with her sweater. She also has two jumpers sewn by my friend for colder weather. But soon she will need proper winter clothes. I have few ideas but we will see how everything turns out.

2. All my dolls dress according to the season... Summer clothes in summer, autumn clothes in autumn, winter clothes in winter and spring clothes in spring. If they have a 'perfect outfit' i will sew alternative pieces they can wear according to the season. Especially for winter... it gets really really cold over here and it snows soooo much... I just can't bear the thought they'd be freezing to death if they were alive so to speak... plus I feel cold just looking at them >_<

3. I do. Usually it's pretty brisk here where I live, so they tend to stay in long sleeves and pants, but when we go out they get shoes and a jacket on. If it's a warm day (in my apartment) I put them in T shirts. (If we go outside though, it's back to long sleeves! There is no such thing as dolly sunscreen.)

It's more of a mental thing for me. If it's a cold day and I come home to a cold apartment, and I personally feel the chill, looking at my dolls and their lack of warm clothing would make me even colder!

4. I do with my little guy :) but don't bother with the rest. They're wearing clothes that are specific to their characters and stories and most of them are set in different environments anyways.
      Doesn't really make sense to dress up Pulsy for the seasons I'm experiencing either, but I just can't resist with him. Especially now that winter is coming (;)) all the cozy little sweaters I found in his size just need to be worn.

5. I honestly just put her in aniything I have, she doesn't have many clothes at the moment so I couldn't care less abou the season hehe! :sweat

6. I like dressing my doll accoring to season X3 Thats partially because if its really hot outside I feel like I'm torturing her by having her wear a coat and vice versa for the cold!

7. If my doll had a wardrobe I definitely would, I think it's just the cutest thing! But right now she doesn't even have one complete outfit, so at first I think I will stick to more generic clothing that doesn't look too cold or too hot.

8. I wish I had a large enough wardrobe for my dollies to do so. However, I do string my Soom Amber with her fantasy parts and put her antlers on during the winter months because I feel that it fits the season ^_^

9. Definitely! Long pants, sweaters, coats, scarves and hats in the wintertime, etc. I try to pay attention to the colours I dress them in for the seasons, too. But I do that with my own wardrobe. Just another way to decorate my world. :)

Besides, if my dolls were sprawled out in tank tops and shorty-shorts in November I'd get cold just looking at them!

10. Nah. I keep the inside of my house a comfortable temperature regardless of what the weather is like outside, so it would be weird for the dolls to be clothed differently for the seasons.

11. no ..
      I really wish I can, but I can't afford so much clothes for my dolls...
      so many on my wishlists...so few I can buy.. T_T

12. I would if it didnt cost so much for there dang clothes

13. I do my best for it; I am not as rich as I would like to be XD
      But I try to dress them for seasons. Even if they have only one or two outfits for cold seasons and warm ones :)

14. I make my dolls season appropriate attire, epsecially around the holiday time.

15. I plan to. xD At the moment, I need to finish getting/making the official outfits for the characters and getting all the basic, other outfits for them (casual outfits, suits, etc). Then I would get seasonally appropriate attire that are in character or to their taste. But I'm a long way off! :sweat

16. I try too dress them accordingly when outside. I feel sorry for them posing in the cold wearing jeans and t-shirt

17. I try, my boy is easy to dress but my Iplehouse, it's reaaally hard to find clothes that fit her gorgeous body XD

18. I'd like to, but no. x'D; First of all, my dolls don't even have enough clothes to dress up completely, much less have clothes for every season xD; I'm a cheapo when it comes down to buying them clothes and I've been too busy to sew them a lot of outfits >-<

19. I want to dress my boy in season-appropriate clothing, but we're already well into the fall-winter fashion season and Alex is still wearing his t-shirt & summer trousers (a pair of white Dollmore trousers). Well, at the time of writing this he was wearing his black silk dollmore kimono and a pair of white underpants [to give him some dignity if his kimono slips off his legs]! :lol:

I have ordered several "winter" items from Tata & Alice's Collections, but they've yet to be shipped out. And then they'll take a week or two to get to my door. With any hope, and a bit of luck perhaps, they'll be here in time for Christmas so I can do a couple of festive photo-shoots!

20. Normally I would say yes I change them according to the seasons. However, I recently moved back to Hawaii and probably won't see much need for the heavier seasonal clothing. At best I, may change them for spring or rain or perhaps according to occasion or setting. When they visit other people however I send the clothing appropriate for the season.