1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever change your doll's names?

Aug 30, 2017

1. Most of my doll has their own Korean name but i dont know why I cant name Volks doll easily. I have 2 volks dolls and I still cant name them and just call them in their original name like Tohya.

2. I have for two dolls, it just didn't feel naturally talking about them with their intended names, their characters didn't change, just the names, one name got dropped and the other was swapped between them. Now they git sooooo much better and its really helped their characters to come together :)

3. I’ve changed names 3 times...
      Sinbi > Sumire
      Kamiko > Nanette
      Hikaru > Alphonse

The 2nd and 3rd are to accommodate for the fact that the characters are supposed to be French :sweat

4. No, I give my doll a character setting and a name, and I will follow , even when I change make up for them , I will insist the setting. I hope I was not the only one.

5. I have changed my dolls' names a few times already. Theres one doll that I had changed his name 4 times. And theres this another that I cant think of any better name yet. :(

6. This is a very interesting topic.
      As for me, I recently thought about changing the bane of one of my dolls because her character was changing too. I did my research in names, as I always do, only to find that no name was for her, I just love the one she already has.
      I think I couldn't change the name of any of my dolls if they have already been settled. I don't know if that would be possible if the doll just came home.

7. Constantly. Names, characters, aesthetics. I've started writing them down as a way to stop myself from changing things but it's only partially working. My worst offender is my ResinSoul Ya. She absolutely refuses to be named, categorized, or otherwise defined.

8. My dolls have changed names and identity multiple times... and at this point I've kinda given up on naming them. I don't really post a lot of them on Instagram, and nothing at all on forum, so it doesn't matter much.
      I just have Death, the ghost, and That One and that I don't try to name anymore. Why bother when I might radically change their look again in a matter of months?
      I also have one doll that does have a name at the moment (Passion Jack, a dollchateau Hilary) and I'm hoping my incoming mirodoll will keep the identity I have planned for her... but at worse they'll just join the group of nameless dolls in the house, and I don't mind that :)

9. I change the name every time I give the doll a makeover and new character.
      Dahlia is now Simone,Pandora's old name was Dawn,Callum's name used to be Dean. I go on name generators,baby name sites,anything just to find the perfect name for my new character.

10. I really like to stick to a name once I've chosen it, but one doll has had several name changes already and possibly more coming. It seems to be one of the symptoms of my unhappiness with him. I feel a lot better reading all the responses here that others change names often!

11. yeah, my first doll was bought secondhand and I didn't really think about the character or honestly anything about it at all. it has gone through many phases and changed name from zero to lewish and there have been many stages in between.

12. I don't shell characters or have much planned for my dolls ahead of time. Sometimes a name will jump out at me and other times it's a period of testing names 'till one sticks. As much as I want to take full credit, a friend of mine has helped me choose names on occasion, some people really have a nack for it.

13. for me once i chose my dolls name its final! even if i decide i dont like it as much as i originally thought later, a name is a name and for me it really sticks!

14. Usually I choose a name for my doll and never change it, but once I changed one of my boys' name together with everything else - face up, wig, eyes, clothes and character.

15. All my dolls have fixed characters from different stories of mine so they didn't change.
      But my newest dolls, my Vinetu and my incoming Fairyland Faun haven't got characters and names yet...

16. I "shell" Characters from my stories and my first doll I shelled a character named Alek, but lately I just haven't felt like it's a right fit for him. I want to change his character because I love the doll and don't want to sell him. But I don't know what to name him! Maybe I'll have to do something new to me and make a character for the doll...

17. Yes and no. Since I usually buy dolls to shell OCs, the names for those characters are already decided on. But I've definitely had situations where I reshelled a character and used the previous shell for a different and/or new character and had to get used to calling them by another name.

18. My collection has two pretty distinct categories, the dolls that settle into their intended styles and characters with barely a hitch, and the Troublemakers. The Troublemakers go through a well-established cycle of refusing to look good in wigs and clothes I've put much effort into, rejecting their names, striking out in some outlandish style direction, creating entirely new storylines around themselves, and then demanding additions to my wishlist to keep them company. Little tyrants.

19. I changed my dolls name if I completely overhauled and change their character. Their original names usually don't feel right if I don't.

20. When I get my dolls I am not sure what I want to name them and it takes me ages to decide. Sometimes I hear a name and it just clicks!