1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever get jealous of your doll?

Jul 16, 2010

1. Know what I am jealous of Madison for? No shaving. That would make mornings so much more easier and faster. Although, she is horribly pale and white, so I'm not really jealous of her beauty. She makes me feel less pale, since she is paler than I am. Which is scary. XD

2. No, I don't wish to look like little anime girls.

3. ...is it weird that that last part sounds awesome to me? >_> Not necessarily the naked part, but I'm not picky.

4. I got my dolls to replace myself as a cosplayer. I am building all the cosplays for them that I no longer feel able to wear (too old, gained too much weight.) In a certain sense I sometimes wish I could have my perfect body back. On other ways I do feel like it's like being jealous of your jewelry... I guess I'm feeling rather transitional at the moment.

I certainly felt a pang of jealousy when my friends all invited me to join their upcoming cosplay group, and instead of wearing the skimpy outfit myself I started to look for a doll I could dress up as that character :| *sigh...*

5. I'm not a jealous person in general but I really don't see how someone could be jealous of a doll.

6. I think it's silly a human being to be jealous of a thing p.e. doll , but as for your question I 'm more beautiful than all of them anyway (those I have & those I don't have)

7. I'm only jealous of a doll in the way I'm jealous of inanimate objects, housewives, and pets. No school? No work? Sweet.

But my dolls and I have something in common. We both can't eat bread. Hardyhar har.

8. The movie Dead Silence was one of those *shudders* and I must say that old lady looking like a ventrilloquist doll was not a pleasant thing and I doubt that anyone looking technically like a BJD, would be too pleasant either. I do know that's not exactly what the topic is meaning it's just a rather odd thought to pair along with it. I've never been jealous of my dolls. I do find them completely gorgeous but that's just it...I more so marvel at their pretty than to be jealous. Sometimes I think "Oh I wish I had an outfit like this!" And I've thought of one of my boys "I wish my feet were as pretty as this!" but not being seriously jealous, like I said just marvelling at the pretty.

9. I'm not jealous of my dolls, though I would absolutely love to have all the awesome clothes and shoes. I'm comfortable with who I am and I think humans get the better of the deal, being able to move around, talk, breathe, eat etc.

10. Ummmmm... no. I can honestly say that I am not jealous of my doll, nor have I ever been. Nor will I ever will be.

11. I can say I've been a tad jealous before. There's so much awesome clothing out there for my boys. >3>
      As for looks, yes they're beautiful, but they're dolls. I don't really see the point in being jealous over something that isn't living.

12. I wouldn't say jealous, no. Perhaps in utter awe of the beauty, much of the same way you can be in awe of a painting or sculpture. There's that gorgeous aspect you could never achieve, but at the same time, would you really want to? Want to be perfect all the time? Be dressed in beautiful clothes, always be on display? I have to answer no. Sometimes, its the best thing in the world to lounge around with bad hair, no makeup and sweatpants on with a bag of potato chips in your lap!

13. No, I don't get jealous of my dolls. I love it that they're so beautiful and I really appreciate their beauty.

14. I agree with this sentiment--that's the only kind of "jealousy" I've felt, and it's really a fleeting and low-impact kind of thought.

I sometimes think, "Wow, she's so pretty! Perfect~" or "Wouldn't it be nice not to go to work and be dressed up for no reason?" but really I would not want to be a doll, so I'm not jealous. I think if I felt that way towards a personal possession of mine, it would be really difficult for me to own it! I wouldn't want to keep something in my house that made me envious and dissatisfied.

15. Agree with Monkeycancer and MilkyTea, I get envious in the 'fleeting thoughts' sense...."Don't have to work, don't have to pay bills, must be nice!" Actually I'm envious of my dog the most; he lives unaware of things like rent, bills and stress. His only job is to moniter the yard and he's completely taken care of.... ;) As for my doll, well, he's gorgeous but I think he might be strange looking as a real person, Dollshes have such uber-long and exaggerated proportions.

16. I would like to change my hair and eyes as simple as they do

17. Guess I'm lucky my dolls so far are male so I can't compare them to me lol. But I don't really get jealous about if they are cuter or so much flawless than me coz that's the way they are meant to be. ^_^

18. Well, my dolls are thin, I am not. But I think my dolls are very thin and a pair of kilos won't damage them (les faltan un par de cocidos, as it's said in Spanish). So, the only thing I really envy them is the princess like clothes they use and I can't wear in my everyday life lol

19. My dolls are supposed to be beautiful, and I never compare myself to them--which could also be because they are both male. I make my dolls' stories, so if I were jealous, it would be my fault.

20. I never get jealous of my dollies images and I don't compare myself to them either.
      The only thing I ever envy them for once in a while is their clothings, shoes and accessories they have.