1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever regret over a doll you bought?

Sep 24, 2017

1. no, i usually have to save up for a long time before buying any. so i definitely have plenty of time to mull it over before i buy and make sure the doll is to my liking. so i have not regretted any of the ones i've bought so far.
      though, there is the doll family Luca that i sometimes wonder "why did i get that...? >.>," but i paid like $12 for it during an event so it's not like i regret it. but still, wtf am i gonna do with that?? confusion fits better with that one, really lol.

2. I regret selling my Ryeon head instead of just trying to give her a new character. :(

3. Definitly yes! I bought what looked like a Goth guy (forget the company but it was a Chinese one.) & when he arrived he looked nothing like his photos. I was so disappointed. He was completely bland. He'd obviously been photographed under strange lighting & his eyes must have had shadows on them. I enhanced his face-up to try to get him to look more like the photos but I never could bond & I sold him. The buyer liked my Goth face-up. I wonder what they would think if they saw his original face-up? Probably never would have bought him.

4. Yeah... I'm actually in the process of paying off a layaway of a FL Rens and I regret it. I just wanted a FL doll so bad at the time and I thought I loved this sculpt but the more I looked at her, the more I realised that as beautiful as FL dolls are, they're not meant for me. Luckily my friend has agreed to buy her off me so that's a relief but I'm still going to be out some money :(

5. I regretted buying two full-set dolls from a company when I could have been using those funds to buy an artist doll. Hoping that I'll rekindle the love I had for the dolls when I see them in person since it's been months since I purchased them.

6. Yes! I bought a dollzone Gill and i thought i'd love her but I was wrong so I quickly sold the head and replaced it with a dollits eunsu. much happier now

7. I bought a secondhand B&G Saipan and he looked perfect in the picture but as soon as I opened the box...no. I mean, he is a cute doll and all and I love the feel of his French resin but it was immediately apparent to me that we weren't gonna bond and one month later, we still haven't.

I mean, I dont really regret the purchase because I'm either gonna sell him for the price I bought him for or trade him for something I do like so it's not the end of the world but it is disappointing that it didnt quite turn out how I wanted.

8. I have couple dolls I regret. I purchased a Gem of Doll Katyusha with her full set (my first, and probably last full set doll) and was excited all through the wait for her, but now that she's home I really regret spending the money. I just don't jive with her, and the longer I have her the longer the list of things I don't like about her gets. :(

I also purchased a Doll Chateau Snowborn head that (again) I loved in pictures and was enamored with, but now that he's home I just don't know what to do with and really wish I had not purchased him.

I think it is easy to fall in and out of love with specific BJD sculpts, especially given the long lead times in manufacturing.

9. Well, i usually buy my dolls on impulse so this happened to me very often! My very 1st girl whom i got 2nd hand look very different from her sales photos and i regretted instantly! But after changing her faceup and style, she became my fave! So far i only sold 2 of the dolls i bought and i managed to bonded with the rest with changing wigs and eyes! :)

10. I regretted my second doll, which I bought in 2007. I just never loved him as much as I thought I would from the pictures. But after over 10 years, he's finally going to someone who will appreciate him. :sweat

11. I've regretted many dolls over the years, for all the reasons others cite. Either the doll didn't look like its photos, or the long lead time allowed me to fall out of love before the doll ever arrived, or I saw another doll I wanted more and wished I still had the money to buy it. Sometimes the doll and I just don't bond. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I've also sold dolls I thought I didn't like and then regretted selling them.

12. It happened to me a couple of times too. The first doll I regretted was my first SD, a Migidoll Miho. It was probably a mistake to order him without face-up, because all the ones I did made him looked to feminine, so I couldn't "see" my character in him. I ended up selling him and found another sculpt that was perfect for this character. Another doll I regretted came from a trade. When I opened the box for the first time, I instantly knew I couldn't bond with her. She was too thin and much taller than my other dolls.

13. I don't regret ,my plans might change so I try to work on the dolls .Give them the face they need ,the clothes they need but luckily I've been lucky so far ,I've been content with what I've gotten .I also don't buy dolls I'm not 100% in love with .

14. No regrets on the ones I have bought, since I must be positively gobsmacked with them to buy. Only regret the ones I let get away.

15. I've had my MSD Enn girl for almost 10 years now I think. When I got her, she fit into the trending aesthetic at the time with cifr's faceup. I'm not sure if that's why she was appealing to me. But it was love at first sight. When I came back from my studies I wondered why I ever purchased a doll like her. I couldn't see any beauty at all. I had paid a lot and I felt so much regret. And now a few years on, she's about the only BJD I really pay attention to. She's on the side of my bed while everyone else is in boxes.

16. I sort of wish I didn't get Luts' Diez or SWITCH's Soseo Holy Ver. I really liked both of them at the time of purchase, but now I have zero inspiration for them. They have both been sitting in my drawer since day one so they almost feel like excess baggage. :eek: I am considering selling them, but I feel a bit inexperienced as a first-time seller. *_*

17. Yes happens all the time, but least I can sell them and try another

18. I think I really regret buying my first doll, Margaux. She is in... rough shape to say the least and I just don't like that I will have to eventually deal with all of her issues. Unfortunately the seller didn't tell me just how awfully yellowed, poorly strung, and dirty she was, so now it is up to me to give her as much TLC as I can. I think I would be interested in "project dolls" in the future, but as someone who is hardly 6 months into the hobby, I don't like the idea of diving into a fixer-upper with little to no experience.

At the end of the day, I don't think I could ever part with Margaux. But I still regret not asking more questions about her before buying. :vein

19. Yes/no. I put a doll on layaway but instantly felt guilty because it was close to christmas. The company was very understanding and since it was right after it was put in, they let me cancel it. Before that I bought a doll leaves Pepper. I really wanted an Ida, but Pepper was in stock with their new body, soooo... but I hate her face without a faceup and find a hard time connecting to her. I even tried selling her, but couldn't, so I'm just stuck with her. Maybe with the right faceup I'll like her...

20. How much are you selling her? You can send me a PM if you are still interested selling her.