1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you fall in love with a sculpt just becasue her/his profile(side face)?

Jan 12, 2016

1. I think the profile HAS to look good for me to buy the doll. If it looks pretty from the front, but awkward from the profile, I'd rather avoid it. As stated by @SugarFirefly Crobidoll Lance has got one of the most handsome profiles I've seen. (Especially in person!) I also like some of the Iplehouse profiles, though I don't know the sculpts by name yet.

And I haven't seen him before, but that Unidoll Jace has got a great nose.

2. I never fall in love with a doll just because of its profile, but if I don't like her profile I won't buy it. A profile I don't like is a huge turn off for me !

3. Do you care about a sculpt's profile more or less than the frontal face?

About the same. The portrait shots of the doll from the front are usually what draw me in, but I check photos to be sure I'll like the profile and 3/4 view as well. A face that is beautiful from the front but too flat from the side drives me nuts.

Will you buy a doll only for the profile?

No, I have to like all angles of the face to buy a doll.

Who do you think have the most beautiful profiles?

I really love the profile of my wife's Delf Chiwoo, and my F60 Chloe, and my Infinitidoll Dreaming Louis, and my wife's Volks Tae... pretty much all of our dolls or I wouldn't have them, but there are a few that I get a good shot of in profile sometimes and it's just like, "Wow, you are ridiculously attractive, aren't you?" :D

4. I'm not sure if profile would be the 'only' thing I look for in a sculpt, but it is a pretty important decider for me.
      What just bothers the heck out of me is when companies doesn't post any pics of the head's profile. I'd say about 99% of the pictures I've seen only display the head facing frontwards or facing 45° the the side (at most).

I'm really fond of the Volks' Four Sisters head-- I really love the slope of the nose. I admittedly didn't think much of the sculpt when I first saw it, but then I saw a few pictures with makeup done by some talented faceup artists. Needless to say, I was pretty sold. ^-^ I also really like Soom's Gluinos.

5. Do you care about a sculpt's profile more or less than the frontal face?
      I want to say equally, but that hasn't always been the case.

Will you buy a doll only for the profile?
      Have done. I like large aquiline or large ski-slope noses and, for a long time, they were almost impossible to find. So when I saw one I got the doll regardless of frontal view. There was one case--DikaDoll Chi--where all the company photos were from angles other than full face. He looked great! But when I got him his full face looked too narrow and squashed, to my taste.

Who do you think have the most beautiful profiles?
      Maybe not the most traditionally beautiful, but my favorites of the dolls I have are, for more aquiline noses, RingDoll K, DollClans Vezeto, Unidoll Selina, DollZone Gretta, and Island Doll Vivian; for ski-slopes, RingDoll Little Red Riding Hood and Dollmore Sleepy Eyes Bella Auden. Then there's MeetDoll Sirius for lovely bumpiness; and for simple cuteness, Dollmore Maunier.
      Here's an inverse nose-off between Vezeto and Bella Auden, Leon and Xanthe

Ha! I'm just the opposite. I don't like my own profile at all and the ones I look for in dolls are very different.

I agree. Vezeto was one of the first dolls I saw that had a really substantial nose. They seem to be more common now in the current sculpts.

6. If a doll looks good in profile and without wig it's a good sign. Normally dolls look best straight on. So I always try to find a variety of angles. Sometimes it's not possible though if no one has the doll yet. I have loved a sculpt and then changed my mind when I saw it from the side!

7. I wont make any claim to who has the most beautiful profile. I have no idea but I will say most Fairyland dolls I have seen to me have very nice profiles. Something about the way they do their pictures or the way the dolls just are I find to be very lovely. I don't know if its the best but very pretty to me. I however don't desire to really own a Minifee or any fairland dolls. (Though I am doll crushing on Chole in Tan). I just don't care for other aspects of the doll which brings me to question number 2.

I actually buy dolls based on their nude scult pictures. My first doll which is my Avi was a bit of a profile thing. She was pretty she was in my price range she was double jointed including thigh joints hip and chest and this pleased me so I got her including of course the company face up. However when I bought my second and third doll more so the third it wasn't the case. Resin soul does not in my opinion take good profile pictures at all. They have some pretty basic looking 'Heres what you will get' Pictures but I did fall in love with the scupts ears specifically and she was somewhat of an impulse buy. Same for the doll leave Kira except I found out I am a sucker for lips. This being the case my current desired doll that I am darn near bashing my head in about is the Doll Chateau Delia scupt. I care not for her profile. I want her all nude. I stare at her nude sculpt much like I did with Kira and Rong. I love her body scupt thin legs arms and for her face most of all I love her lips.

Going to question one now that i have answered two, the profile and front picture doesn't count for much with me. The front picture is just a glips for me. I look for what i like in a dolls face or what I am having a feel for. Large pretty eyes like my frist doll an Angel Fantasy Alice, or pointed ears like Kira and Rong or the pretty lips like Delia. From there the Profile does help in presentation but it's not a deciding factor as I stare at the dolls nude form first and formost. Do I like what I see in the body the joints the style. Then I might go back to the profiling but not much. To me the pictures almost decide what this doll should look like but that's not how I might want them to look so it doesn't matter to me.

8. The profile is definitely important to me! One of my boys didn't have company photos of his profile, and when I got him I ended up making a mask for him because it bothered me so much. :XD: (I love him now, though, haha.) I tend to prefer tiny, cute noses, quite possibly because I have a complex about my own rather large nose. :sweat But a pair of lips that are gorgeous in profile can stop my heart... which is a good part of the reason I picked up my RS Doll Ruty (who's on his way!).