1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel comfortable dealing with DoA's younger members?

Apr 1, 2007

1. I'm against ageism in all its forms, so if someone is trustworthy and their stuff is good, it wouldn't matter how old they were, I'd buy from 'em. :)

2. I'd be comfortable with it I think ((I haven't bought or sold anything to a younger member yet, or in general)) but I think younger members can be just as trustworthy as adults. I'm not going to let age be a factor in who I buy from or possibly sell to in the future. Many times I've known younger people that are more trustworthy than older people. It all boils down to trust in the end, and there's no reason for me to distrust or trust someone based on age alone.

3. I've never had a problem dealing with people younger than me or older, we all share the same hobby, and its great fun that it does attract such a wide age range.
      My only worry is nothing to do with age, its that I don't understand all the bjd jargon and there seemed to be so much flying about here on DOA, that it took me quite a while before I thought, what the heck, just post and don't worry about it...So here I am!!:)

4. I don't even think of age when I'm dealing with someone. If they're responsible and trustworthy, I'd be happy to have transactions with them despite what the date of their birth was. Younger people are quite capable of realizing their responsibilities. So, I'd have no problem at all.

And that was pretty much a spill of what a lot of people said. xD At least it's a common belief!

5. I really have no idea of the age of people I have dealt with in the Marketplace. Most have been very reliable and quick, some less so. I have more of a problem with rude behavior (regardless of age) such as "It's ugly - I hate it!" and backtalking the decisions of the mods like "I'll talk about whatever I want" attitudes.

Carolyn

6. I don't think age has to do anything with reliability.
      When some does deals with someone, it is expected that they communicate properly and the seller makes their own decisions whether they will follow out the deal or not.

7. I don't have a problem with peoples age when I'm dealing with them. I sell a lot on Ebay and the very few problems I've had have seem to be spread evenly over the age groups. Saying that, feedback is always a good thing to check.

The only thing that winds me up is people who want feedback, and will chase you for it, but never leave it in return:x

That just bad manners.

8. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't most major scammers been over the age of 18? It seems that you're more likely to get deliberately scammed by someone who is more familiar with loopholes in the system.

If it's just a matter of not being liable legally, I understand hesitance to buy from a minor. Shipping things late because of lack of transportation to the post office, however an annoyance, generally I don't think is done with any malicious intent.

I think it's good to be cautious when buying from anyone online, regardless of age. I agree with the previously stated: chose a seller based on maturity and feedback. I don't believe that just because a seller is under 18, that it's an indication that they are unreliable.

9. Well... really i do draw a line somewhere. I can buy or sell to a -15 year old with good feedback, but i would rather comission someone older for face-ups and etc.

10. If the feedback's good and they're quick with shipping once my payment clears, I don't care how old they are. I might be slightly wary of selling, but I have yet to be a seller on here, and again, if the money's good, age doesn't matter to me, lol.

11. In my opinion for these kinda dolls 13 is a little young so it would have to be a rare circumstance, but mostly I think 16 and up would be trustworthy as long as there mature.

12. As long as the person is honest, responsible and communicative, age doesn't matter. Stupidity and immaturity cripple all ages, mind you.

13. I try not to hold people's age against them unless they're acting really brattish to go along with it, but I will not deal with parents and I will not put myself in a position to be legally responsible for the actions of a minor unless I'm sure of what I'm getting into and am willing to accept the possible consequences. I've been burned by not being careful enough in the past.

I don't think a lot of minors really think about the risks they're asking adults to take getting involved with them sometimes. It's not always about how mature you feel inside.

14. Age is not necessarily indicative of maturity, though they can often be related, and that is far more what I care about. I'd sooner deal with a mature teenager than a childish adult.

15. I don't bother about the age...I usually check up the person In trading with anyway

16. Oi. I turn 14 today, so glad people here are so accepting! I've sold about 10 things today, I'm glad no one is biased. (I just need to get more padded envelopes...Eesh. > >)

17. Age is nothing but a number... unless it has to do with something that's illegal, hah.

Seriously though, age really doesn't play a role in who I communicate with. It's more personality wise than anything.

18. I'm seventeen now, but I started buying/selling in the market place when I was 16. I've never had a bad transaction [knock on wood!] that could be related to anyone's age. Last month I bought a 1000+ doll from the Marketplace, completely on my own, and the transaction was flawless. Maybe it's because I do have my own Paypal acct + car as someone earlier was saying, but I think it's just about maturity and understanding you're dealing with real money more than anything else.

19. I think that maturity, responsibility, and a professional approach are more important than age. If you are going to sell keep in mind the above mentioned and if you are a purchaser, the same holds true. And when there is money involved always get as much info as possible and check feedbacks.

I shop on ebay and other sites and I think that I have depended on the level of communication with the seller.

20. I don't care about an individual's age, but more about their character. There are very mature 14-year-olds and there are very immature 50-year-olds. I *will* probably be a tad more careful when considering buying a whole doll, for instance, from someone who is very young [to me "very young" is around 12-14 or so]- but that just means I'll check their feedback well and make sure they are experienced with shipping/ handling payments etc.
      So actually, maybe I can say that it's more of an experience thing rather than an age thing. It's logical that the older the person is, the more experience they'll have in those matters- but it's really not necessarily so. So it's really individual.
      I wouldn't hold someone's age against or pre-judge them based on their age alone as a principal- I know how horrible it can be when someone is biased in advance against you just because you are young, in many fields and aspects of life- and I would hate to make someone else feel that way.