1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel comfortable dealing with DoA's younger members?

Apr 1, 2007

1. I would probably be considered one of the younger ones. I'm as of now 17 years old (turning 18 in one and a half week), and I at least like to believe maturity do not depend on age. My most mature friends are between 13 and 17, while I know quite a couple of people who are older, and yet act like children.

I've been controlling my own bank account and my own paypal since I was 15 years old, I have quite a history of swaps on here, and I've never backed out of a transaction. In real life, I work part-time in a fast-food franchise (mainly the one closest to home, but I step in when someone in a different branch is sick). Generally, I'm the one who does the evening shift, and has the full responsibility of closing and taking care of the day's earnings.

I can understand how some would find dealing with a minor uncomfortable, but maturity doesn't always come with age, so I would never discriminate against someone younger.

2. People who are new to the hobby *and* young make me just a tad nervous, but only just a tad. Younger people, no matter how polite and careful they are and through no fault of their own,, have the misfortune to often be a little more clumsy and/or overzealous than others. That said, I have nothing AGAINST younger collectors at all. I enjoy their company, conversations and creativity. But I am a little more cautiousl around them (and oyher excitable characters) in person.

3. Age has rarely crossed my mind when talking or dealing with DoA members! Age is almost never posted in someone's profile, so the only impression I've ever had to go with was by how mature they acted in the forum and their marketplace feedback threads. Age is not an indicator of capability, honesty or integrity - older members can be immature and irresponsible!

4. I usually do actually get an idea of age based on the friendly banter exchanges had. The younger ones often have a simple lack of experience at such things as overseas shipping and even difficulty getting to a post office but I have found 'trustworthy' to be thankfully more more the norm on DoA regardless of age and in fact have had my only two appalling experiences with people on the older side of the spectrum!

5. I'm 22, so I'm not sure if I'm one of the younger ones or not! I've been on the forum since I was 18, and I've always done my best to deal with people the way I'd want them to deal with me, honestly, objectively, and genuinely.

*Kanyeshrug*

I dunno- I think people are as mature as they want to be regardless of age. I've dealt with some people twice my age who really ought to grow up some, so maybe that's what's coloured my viewpoint. XD

6. I don't see how age can mnake a difference. DoA members rang greatly in age and A 60 year old can be new to BJD's just like a 12 year old can be very informed and experienced. I do see that it can be an issue of how and who helps a 12 yr old make decisions (purchases) etc.

7. If I know a seller/buyer is under 18, I tend to be leery of doing business with them. I've run into trouble with parents and grandparents getting involved as a third party in transactions before I realized I was dealing with a teen, and that's always really awkward. If it's not really your money, let your mom/grandma/whoever contact me herself.

8. I don't mind as long as they don't screw anything up, and show people respect. :3

9. I'm one of the younger members on here, and I'd be a little wary doing business with someone younger than me or even my own age. xD My girlfriend had a problem transaction with a younger girl through youtube who, we assume, used her parents paypal without permission. She bought a doll (not bjd) from my girlfriend for $300. The parents filed a claim with paypal, but luckily, my girlfriend won. However, a similar problem occured for her with an older member on youtube as well. Luckily, here on DOA there are feedback threads, which I make sure to pay attention to when buying something, and if I ever sell something. ^^