1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel left out for NOT having a Fairyland tiny?!

Jan 7, 2010

1. I'm about to get a Fairyland tiny and I still feel left out, lol. Eventually I want one doll from every size, RealPuki, Pukifee, and Little Fee. But I've wanted other dolls the Yoi I've had my eyes on for a while, lol

2. The only thing for me with a Puki...it's hard for me to find toys that size for them to play with!

3. Oh, a little left out... :...( I enjoy looking at everyone's pretty pictures... I love their posebility...so amazing...I am often very very tempted!! But I console myself with my Rosen Lied, Petite ai, and Lati kids! :)

AMMENDED AUGUST-2010

I got one...a Bisou...LOVE HER!!! (And now have two more on order, lol!)

[​IMG]

4. I don't feel left out ^_^ Maybe it's just my dislike for Fairyland, but I can never really see myself owning one.

Nothing bad on the company AT ALL!~

Just, something about their face molds irk me. They're cute to look at, but that's about as far as it goes for me. I feel the same about MNF. I've debated so long over owning a Fairyland doll for the posing and such, but something just throws me off. I think for MNF's it's how skinny they are. (I like my chubby Volks! xD) But I can't quite place it on the tiny ones. :huh?:

5. Hah, my Pukis (and my new RealPuki) have more toys than any of my other dolls! They are a good fit for many "dollhouse" 1/12-scale props, Kelly ("Barbie's little sister") toys, ReMent sets, and lots of the keychain/novelty/party-favor sort of things. They just got their very own Galaga arcade machine & a vintage TV set w/Twilight Zone sound effects -- repurposed Hallmark Xmas ornaments. And a Playmobil "Dragon Attack Cannon" that actually fires golf-ball-sized projectiles, which also included two plastic battle-axes, a sword & dragon shield that are perfectly scaled!

One of the neat things about these Tiny Tinys (under 18cm) is that they are SOOO portable... they can come along with me everywhere, to craft stores, toy stores, Targets, even museum trips (I found the perfect hand-carved wooden Puki pony at Shelburne Village). Now even my DH, who is by no means a doll collector, will pick up a keychain while we're waiting in line at the grocery store and say, "Is this a good size for (Pukisha) Ruri?"

6. I don't have any FL dolls and at this time don't have any intention to buy one. Don't get me wrong - I have been sorely tempted by LF Ante, then Bisou and now Leah. I think what holds me back is that I've always preferred realism in my dolls rather than more "character" faces. The FL sculpts are full of whimsical personality but they are meant to be creatures from a slightly more fantastical world than the everyday world. I'm not saying I would never buy a FL doll but looking around there are a lot of other tinies from other companies that tempt me much more.

Just recently, I have fallen hard for Rosen Lieds and am actually going to make a totally unplanned purchase of Beige and Mango. I also find the Custom House sculpts very appealing.

I don't feel "left out" by not having a FL doll. I enjoy other collector's pics of them and understand that they are hugely popular but I would still never buy a doll for popularity's sake even though it does have an influence.

Mojomaca, what a brilliant choice! You are going to love them!! I own Dollmore Narsha and Coco and they are WONDERFUL!!! That Narsha body is so beautifully made and Dollmore did an exquisite job of blushing them too - their tiny little toenails and fingernails are perfection. I especially adore my little Coco and she has to one of the least popular tinies out there.

Here are my little characters, Anna-Louise and Kumika:

[​IMG]

7. oh they are fantastic.

8. Ahh, I definately feel left out!
      I've been stalking the Pukipuki thread heaps, and I've decided to save for a Pukipuki Cupid c: He's so smiley XD
      They're just so tiny and cute~ And I prefer sewing on a smaller scale. I have an MSD (from luts though) but I hand-sew so even smaller would be so cool!

9. I feel left out because i dont own any bjd ):
      After doing company research and getting freaked, i cancelled my order from **ahem**
      Right now I'm falling for Fairyland dolls!
      Hoping i can get a littlefee leah soon but i so adore those little Pukis!!

@Valentinegirl: omg cute overload <3

10. Gorgeous girls!!! I have so been wanting a Shabee for a long time. I figure once I order Shabee, Narsha and Coco won't be far behind. :lol:

I don't buy dolls because they are popular or trendy...I buy what I love. I just happen to love Fairyland dolls. Most of my tinies are from Fairyland. I have a Bambi Shlphia and now Judy on the way. I also just ordered the new Limhwa tiny Dodo. I think Rosen Lied and Custom House dolls are gorgeous, but they just don't call to me the way the Fairyland dolls do. My non-tinies are not "popular" sculpts at all. Hardly anyone has a Leekeworld Leina or Carol, Bambi Sunday or a DIM Bellosse, but I love them just the same. :)

I love this thread. It's fun to talk with all tiny owners and see all the different dolls together. Tinies unite!!

11. DancingBee,
      Sorry if I sounded like I think people might buy FL dolls just 'cause they're popular. On the contrary - I've never believed that in the "hype" theory. Most sensible people are going to think long and hard before they spend hundreds of dollars on a doll. I think popularity of certain dolls makes them more visible and hearing rave reviews really does make one stop and consider dolls that otherwise might not think about too much. Fairyland dolls would be in that category for me. But very few people would ever actually buy just from this type of influence! If Fairyland dolls were my favourites it wouldn't matter to me either how popular they were. I'm sure your FL kids are all treasured possessions.

I own a lot of large Himstedt dolls (the smallest are 80cm tall!) and many of my absolute favourites just happen to be ones that are extremely popular with almost all Himstedt collectors. I used to feel a bit miffed when people would try to imply that liking those particular dolls was wrapped up in the "hype" about those dolls and not about the dolls themselves. In truth, I bought what I loved full stop. I even proved to myself that my liking for these dolls wasn't bound up in hype or money when several of the same sculpts that I own sold for thousands on Ebay. One even sold for almost $10,000 US! Yet I never felt the least bit tempted to put my Ping Mei on Ebay, even if I could have made thousands and thousands of dollars on her sale. She, like the rest of my "keepers" are still here and I still enjoy them every single day.

Anyway, if you buy a Shabee can you please be sure to tell me when you have some photos of her posted. I've been curious to see real life pics of her ever since her two small sisters landed at my house. But it seems like there are almost no owners of her on DOA.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my two little charmers. They are lively and cheeky and bring me a lot of sunshine!

12. No,no,no,no....don't apologize. I wasn't referring to your post necessarily. I think people should just buy what they love.:) I was always the girl in high school and college that would do whatever the opposite of "popular" was. :lol: Seems like every doll board I've been on always has the "trendy and popular" discussion. Sometimes I get the feeling that tinies in general are picked on by some larger doll owners. Like somehow they are lesser....or just for old ladies like me, not serious collectors. Now I'm not saying that is what all larger doll owners are like, just an impression I've gotten a few times here and there so please no one gang up on me.

I think Himstedt dolls are gorgeous!! Wow!!! That was a tidy profit for someone. I would have never told my hubby, he would have wanted me to sell my doll.:o

When I eventually bring home Shabee you can be sure I will be spamming the heck out of her......don't hate me, but the new Littlefee Leah has knocked her down the list. :|:lol:

13. Hey...Fairyland is very good for making hybrids...I've seen several dolls that have FL bodies and different heads!

14. I've found that attitude is changing, at least here on the West Coast, and I have to admit Fairyland Pukis have no small part in that, imho. I know when I started, I was pretty much the only person who would show up to SoCal meets with tinys other than the occasional Yo, and that certainly was the attitude I encountered initially. I found that a lot of that comes from an apprehension of dealing with something so small...fear of breaking one, etc. Being able to see/experience a tiny in RL helps dispel a lot of the trepidation. Karin said that there was a huge surge in Brownie sales at her booth after the Troop Tiny meetup at the last BJDC.

In the past year or so, my experience is that acceptance is now much more the norm, and many of the "I'm just not a tiny person" people now have at least one tiny. Yes, the majority of those tinys are Pukis because of their popularity, posing and cuteness (Bambicrony also helped crack open the door, especially with their colored elves), but I've also seen a big surge in Lati and Elfdoll ownership. Hey, I figure, once one tiny finds a way in, others are sure to follow, and I'm seeing evidence of that at the various cons and meets I go to.

My wicked plot is succeeding....Muahahahahaha.....

15. Clochette, I totally agree!
      When I first started sewing for these little guys, about 3 years ago, it was mainly pocket fairies and few and far between... My first meet up I felt a little silly almost with my little Liu...
      But now the little guys often get more attention than the big guys! And yup, I feel the puki helped this attitude change in a big way.

16. Jumping in to say that my Shabee boy is arriving any day now, maybe even today. I'll post photos (in the Narsha thread) after I paint his face and make him some clothes. : )

17. Oooh - exciting! I hope your new guy gets here soon.

As a newbie to BJD's it is interesting to hear about the change in attitude with long-established collectors about tinies. My impression, coming into BJD's at this point in time was that tinies have the same "acceptibility status" as all other sizes of doll so it is interesting to hear that they had to earn their way to this point.

Oooh - are you getting her soon? I have held myself in check but the promo pictures of Leah made me think her face was a cute combination of two of my favourite FL kids - Bisou and Ante. Also her facial proportions seem a little more realistic to me than previous LittleFees (this is important to me). I am hoping she lands here at DOA soon as I am really interested to see real life shots of her. She may well be the first Fairyland kid who caves me in and makes me a Fairyland convert too!

18. You are from Melbourne? aww, my home town! I live in London now though :) I suggest doing lots of research before settling for a doll, I looked for a month at least before I fell in love with my Luts Honey Delf (who is the most gorgeous thing in the world, I think!) Fairyland appealed to me at first but when I shopped around I found they may be my least favourite face sculpts :sweat although that is just a matter of taste of course :) I hope you find the doll you love!!

19. I love seeing the Fairyland tinies in everyone's pictures, but that goes for almost any tiny :)
      I think they are totally adorable (Ante, Shiwoo) and/or cute and whimsical (Pukis, Real Pukis) and/or simply lovely (Tuesday Child Beige) and so on.. just to name a few.
      But I don't see myself ever owning them, and I don't feel left out because of that. Contrary, I'm happy to be able to enjoy them here and on other forums.

I take care of two not-so-tinies: Sparrow is a 26cm Roonodoll Yumi, and Sophie is a 27cm Planetdoll Mini Riz, and I adore them both (very much!).
      They are great to tuck in my bag to take them everywhere, and I love to make up stories for them and build dioramas, and make them toys and clothes.
      But there isn't another little one on my wishlist for now :)

Here is Sparrow:
      [​IMG]

And this is Sophie:
      [​IMG]

20. I'm just the opposite of that ;) , I like the tiny FL dolls for being not too realistic. The pukis look like little pixies to me, but beginning with the size of pukifees they have too much realism for me (except the Flora mold) and the larger dolls are much too "humanlike" for my taste.

I love to look at other companies dolls, at the moment I have a weak spot for Rosen Lied, but I won't buy a doll although they are adorable.

As for the popularity: for me it's a lot of fun to share my doll with a chatty group of dollowners in a busy thread. But that will never be a reason for buying a doll. And I seem to prefer the not so popular FL molds (like Puki chuchu, who was my first doll)