1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel left out for NOT having a Fairyland tiny?!

Jan 7, 2010

1. Fairyland is my resin drug of choice but I have a doll that's very sadly unpopular and there aren't many of them around anymore. I have a Garden of Dolls PpoPpo named Nuri. Now this girl has had so much modification and restoration done to her just so she can sit. I've spent more in mods than on the doll itself. When i ruined her I tried to switch to a different mold and I COULD NOT DO IT.

This is Nuri :)

[​IMG]
      So Happy!!! by reinedelaseine14, on Flickr

2. Lol I don't have one (READ: BROKELOL) but Fairyland pukipukis were the first ball jointed dolls I really really considered getting. ^___^ Lol I wanna Lily! But maybe when I'm out and live alone I can save for one. ^___^

3. I didn't feel left out but the Fairyland tinies do appeal to me the most so I made a purchase awhile back and still waiting for her to come home :) At least now my current doll will have a friend.

4. I have a littlefee and I still feel left out XD

I love seeing all types of tinies, everyone's kids are so cute, and everyone knows how to pose and capture them in photos. I'm Jealous lol, I'm still trying to take better pictures of course, but anywho! I had a fairyland sugar, and I didn't bound with her very well so she has since been sold, and now I have a brownie and I'm still not bonding (but she is cute). I think lower then 20cm I just can't bond. But that doesn't mean I'm still not looking for a pocket size cutie ;)

5. Since Fairyland Pukifee SB Bonnie was my first BJD, I have found interestingly enough, that I have become more interested in other tiny doll manufacturers! I crave a Moona, a Rosen Lied, lati , a squee, a Mimi, and the list goes on !! lolol Not to mention I am wanting my first MSD now and I swore I would not go there!

I can't imagine a doll lover feeling left out here on DOA, even if one company appears to dominate a catagory :-) I sure hope not anyway! FL sculpts sure seem to be mass appealing, and their posing capability make them a photographers dream. But, not all of us photograph our kids, right? I'm so thankful for DOA which helps everyone live vicariously through one another!

xo

6. I have no dolls from Fairyland, and I don't feel left out at all. I enjoy immensely pictures of PukiPukis and PukiFees, but I don't feel the need to own one. Neither do I think it's such a bad thing to be in the minority in terms of which sculpts you own, though being in the majority isn't bad, either! Just do what you feel suits you the best!

7. I would kill for a Rosenlied.
      Fairyland tinies are popular it is true, I own 2. And do want at least another one.
      I wish I have discovered Rosenlied before I am at maximum tiny capacity. XD

8. Sometimes, I do feel a little left out due to all of the Pukis and Fees runnig around on DOA. It makes you want one!! I've been thinking about getting one myself but I need to finish the Uzi-Mase project before I start shopping for other dolls yet.

9. nope l don't feel left out due to l will have two of them also l'v been doing alot of research on those kids.

10. I sure as heck hope nobody feels left out. This isn't a popularity contest, and even if you dont' HAVE a fairyland doll, everyone is welcome to participate in the threads about them.

Everybody's different, and we like what we like. I've never felt like I had to keep up with the joneses and get what's popular. :) to each his own!

11. A Fairyland puki was what started this hobby for me, and my puki pipi was my very first doll. She was inexpensive (compared to all the other dolls out there) and when she arrived she was *perfect*. I didn't know anything about dolls when I got her but it was instant head over heels love. I guess I just have really strong brand loyalty? I've tried other tinies, but I always go back to Fairyland.

I hope no-one feels left out because they don't have a fairyland doll. If you don't want one and they don't appeal to you, you wouldn't have fun hanging out in the fairyland threads anyway! There are tons of other popular dolls, and I feel like DoA is very inclusive to all companies.

12. Back before I had my LittleFee (my first doll) I had a hard time breaking into Fairyland threads, mostly because the amount of spam and comments makes it hard at times. <3

13. Hm, I have a lovely Pukipuki Flora and I love so much, but not because of her FL origin, but because of the sculpt itself (I'm a huuuuge "open mouth" addict). I usually never post pics of her or mention that I have her, because she's not yet "finished" (still needs eyes and a proper wig).
      But... I have ordered a Pukifee Flora and a Pukifee Luna recently. Flora just because of her similarity to her Pukipuki counterpart. Luna is a different topic... she was an impulse buy... I admit because of her popularity (I feel ashamed to admit). I'm really eager to receive her to see if I really like her or if I have to re-sell her again (I'm not a fan of pouty sculpts usually). Sometimes I cannot avoid liking a sculpt just because it is shown so much here on DoA. Not really a feeling of being left out, but a feeling of "aw, me want one too" ^^.
      I pondered buying a Littlefee for some time, but here I have been resonable enough to admit that none of the sculpts appeal to me and I am not fond of the LTF body.
      When I really fall for a sculpt, it doesn't matter to me if the company or the sculpt itself is popular or not. I recently fell in love with a Rosenlied Monday Pudding and she's one of the rarer dolls here on DoA, but I hope to order her soon ^^.

14. I do not have a fairyland tiny, but I think it is good to have one. I do not have any specific style I like yet. Because I am getting my rosen lied Tuesday, I do not think I will get any more tiny latly. :)

15. I do not have any fairyland doll... I just don't like their face style. And I wish I did because I want a fairyland body... but don't want to bother hybridizing (for the third time). But liking the bodies is not enough to get me to buy one. I like Pipos PO-11.

16. I have three Fairyland tinies, but it's nothing to do with wanting to "fit in" or anything ^^ I have three CustomHouse tinies too, and I'm hoping to get two Lati Whites in the future, and maybe some anthro dolls. There are tinies to suit all tastes, and I hope nobody would feel looked down on for not having a certain type :(

17. I don't have a Fairyland Tiny, or anything from that company at all, actually.
      I admit that I like PongPong quite a lot, and the new "realpukis" are intriguing, but I have other tiny dolls from other companies and I like them a great deal. I have a 5" anthro who often comes along with me for adventures, and a new 5" elf girl who just got a new face-up and wants to live in my purse.
      :D

So I do fantasize about getting a Fairyland Doll, particularly a tiny, but I have other things I want more.

**Still paying on my Soom Uyoo...***

18. If I wanted to "fit in" my FL tinies would be Antes. XP Though Bisou does seem to be gaining on her, heh. It feels a little odd to be a non Ante owner as any pic of Ante is practically guaranteed to get oodles of squee comments, but it'd be beyond sad to get one just for that when she's not my type. I'm half tempted to get one just to make an Anti Ante, lol..

19. I do sort of feel like out of it; but I want to get one, it's just some other doll comes along and I buy that one instead heh. I'd like to focus more on tinies so I should get myself a LTF or two lol

20. I don't feel left out but I do remember a while back thinking how fun it was that the Fairyland gang kept having swaps and wishing I could participate in one. So I organized a lati swap and it was great fun. So I think the answer, is there is no reason to feel envious or like you are missing out. All the dolls are adorable in their own right, and it's very much up to individual style. Fairyland threads may have more posts, but that just means that those with other dolls need to start spamming more pics!