1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel left out for NOT having a Fairyland tiny?!

Jan 7, 2010

1. I have quite a few FL tinies on my list and I don't see it as a need to "fit in" or to not be "left out". I like the sculpts, they fit the characters I have. Each doll is just somebody's personal taste. No two people have exactly the same taste.

2. Nope! I've owned Infiniti and Soom tinies, never once ever felt the desire for a Fairyland tiny (their faces and bodies just kind of... don't do anything for me. As do pretty much all of CP doll sculpts. I mean they're cute and all, but none of them could be my character... I think they look too much like me, my mom and my sister when we were little, haha. Chipmunk cheeks!) I think my boyfriend will end up with a puki before I do.

And I don't feel left out. Infiniti's thread was dead several months when I owned mine, actually... Never bothered me (but then, he wasn't a total odd size...).

3. I don't feel left out for not owning a Fairyland tiny. They're beautiful, but I dislike the chubby bodies with a passion. I ended up with a Leeke Ent and love her to pieces even though her poseability leaves less to be desired. Modding can fix that.

4. I used to feel left out for not having a soom MD, but i never bonded with my appini, I didnt like their bodies. I cant say for having a FL tiny because pippin was one of my first doll loves and my first doll was a Volks YoSD so i cant speak much for that either >< but i also LOVE my bambi, and my Narsha, even if their threads are much much slower they are still amazing little dolls that i love to bits!

5. I have three pukis, so I guess I can't talk... ;)

6. Well, since I now HAVE some, I have to say that I'm smitten~! The faces are cute, for sure. But, it's the POSING that really sells them for me. I've had other tinies from other makers, but the Fairyland dolls REALLY are superior in posing and holding the most difficult poses. GREAT for stories!

7. I have a few and totally love them. :aheartbea They each have their own character and are so easy to dress since their hands and feet are removable. Wigs and clothes for them everywhere. Spampy sews for them. I'm so glad I found them!

Merci

8. I have a Pukifee and a Felix Brownie.. My Brownie actually poses better, however I could never part with Antes sweet face.

I've found if a thread is dead, start posting pictures of your dolls, you'd be amazed how fast a thread will pick up. :)

9. I've ordered my thirst one (two to be right) and i'm so excited!

10. I love seeing all the different types of dolls! My theory is that since fairyland dolls are so pose-able, it's easier to take them out and get photos of them in all sorts of interesting situations. This leads to their presence on the forums being pretty big, since everyone loves posting new pictures of their dolls! :aheartbea

11. Yes, I totally agree about the poseability, they are wonderful! I have 4 FLs (minifee shushu, feeple65 Chloe and 2 RealPukis), my best posers!!!
      I just wanted FL had more realistic sculpts like IpleHouse for exemple.

12. Don't feel left out if FL isn't your thing don't feel pressured into getting it to fit in. The forum has many threads dedicated to dolls by various companies.

Fairyland is the popular trend right now due to their poseability and cost. At one time it used to be pocket fairies that dominated.

I have fairyland dolls but I also have other tinies that don't get as much love in this forum so I make up for it by showing/ giving those dolls my attention too.

I personally feel more part of the slow moving threads than the FL ones.

13. Yes, I tend to agree. Lots of tiny dolls out there are great but their threads just seemed to get buried. Naripons and Felix SC for instance.
      I will have to say that my Fairyland dolls pose like no others. The ability to pose well is the most important thing to me when it comes to buying a BJD....otherwise they are no different than an ordinary doll.

14. I don't think anyone should feel left out. The important thing is that you love the dolls you have.

I do have quite a few Fairyland doll but I also love my DollZones. They have really great bodies too. Their knees and elbows are not as beautiful as Fairyland dolls but at least for the MSDs they pose almost as well and I find them easier to pose than MiniFees. More like LittleFees actually. My DollZone BB Ani also poses pretty nicely even though she's on the old single jointed body. Custom House Angi Ai is also quite a good poser but I complete fell out of love with them while waiting for over a year on a CH order.

I actually honestly don't think it's more cool to own one sort of doll over another. Perhaps I'm wierd but I just love the dolls I love and I don't care if they are "in" or not. I don't get impressed because someone owns a ton of dolls that are very expensive and/or limited and difficult to get hold of. What impresses me is when people are kind and helpful towards others.

I don't believe that you will ever have reason to feel left out if your are kind and interrested in other people's dolls and pictures - not just wanting to show off your own.

Dustbunnie

15. I can fully relate to your comment, Aree! I often have observed that it is easier to get a response to a certain question in the slower moving threads than in the FL ones.

I have FL dolls myself, but they do not range on the very top of my doll list. The posability is nice, but all those many joints and clicking sounds (when moving the joints => Littlefee) subtract some aesthetic value (just my personal view). Fairyland's resin quality is average and not comparable with Volks (top) or Lati (very good). Don't get me wrong, I love my FL dolls, but I just can't share the "posability-over-everything" hype.

16. I feel left out FOR having a littlefee! There are so many on here, to get your baby any attention they need to stand out quite a bit...my brown-haired brown-eyed Bisou doesn't end up getting posted so much, because no one much responds to him...but that's okay. n_n

17. Well, I can't say that I feel left out, I just feel a need to have one! I'm pretty new--only have a couple of Latis, but I know a PukiFee in person & she is just so adorable! So, one is definitely in my future!

18. I have many fairyland tinies and I love them and I understand why they're very popular, but I have also other tinies and I still post pictures of them, I don't care if their threads are dead ;P so don't feel left out! and as puds said it's easy to feel left out even if you had a popular doll as there are so many around!

19. Since there's at least one Real Puki and two Puki Pukis in my future I won't be left out for long.