1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel like your dolls have to have a friend or significant other?

Jan 7, 2006

1. I found doll heads that i ABSOLUTLY LOVE and went from there. Cyrus and Arion are Best friends and sometime in the far-way-future I intend to get them girls. But I plan on making doll clothes SO getting them partners is't just for my story's sake. Of course i havent found any girl that i liked yet.....(but i find that to be a blessing at the moment XD)

2. Strangly i really wish i could get Nate a Girl (because i'm a freakin Romantic >_>) but somehow it just wont fit. Maybe one day... but right now he is content to be Single - and having Fun *_*

3. In my case, yes. I think they look better with a friend, a sibling, or a significant other. The one that I had who had no such connections, I ended up having difficulty bonding with, and had to eventually sell. Most of mine are paired off with one other, but Magdalen's lucky and gets not only a twinsib, but an old friend as well. ^^

4. I just bought my first doll. He isn't really 'out of the box' yet. Still no wig, faceup or clothing. At the time I bought him I had no plans to ever buy another. I couldn't understand the need.

Now, however, I'm wishing I could afford to buy him a partner. I think of his background story and how hard it will be to do photo stories with only one doll when the story is about two!

I KNOW I will eventually buy another doll. Besides the cost it's a matter of finding the right one.

I still don't understand the need for any more! LOL! Who am I kidding?

I just hope Kristoff dosen't feel the need to add any more lovers, friends, or family!

5. =X I'm still waiting for Arioc and I already want get his boyfriend as well...^_^; I definitely think dolls (and a lot of other things) are best in multiples.

6. to me all my dolls are all brother and sisters i think. i think if i sold one of them they would be sad and so would i! that is my major last resort. Momoko wouldnt be Momoko without Yuki in her arms or next to her, Daisuke wouldnt be Daisuke without being right next to Momoko, and Yuki wouldnt be Yuki without near Momoko.

7. hmmm, I dont really feel like Cicero needs a gf/bf or a friend. Him and I already make a great team all on our own. But from time to time "talking" to other dolls is nice and yes a friend in the futur would be cool, but it's not something we are actively seeking. It will come naturaly. :)

8. i dont know i am very attached to sey i would never part with her.. soshkay arrived here as a gift and he is not really my creationg character wise more so nathan's ( my bf). They work well together but also apart is perfectly fine with each other them. i have my third on the way in pieces i always prefer getting heads first then bodies. I dont know i never would think of selling them but i dont think they would be lonely wihtout each other either though.Your dolls doesnt nessciraliy need a boyfriend or girlfriend to make them happy unless that is the love on their life( and if that is the case i never ever part loves)

9. Hmm. I guess it'll really depend on what sort of personality Nameless picks up once he gets to me... But I suspect there may be a Ms.Nameless around at some point, just becasue I like the balance and posing possibilities of it.

Then again... He may turn out to be the happy single type...

That would suit my bank account, but we'll see. ^_^

10. Not every doll in my human family's BJD family has an SO or particular special friend of their size in the group to hang out with, and we don't find it necessary to "pair off by size". They all "get along well with each other" anyway, better than the humans at times. :p

In any case, it's nice to have more than one BJD so they be posed with each other, since interactive photos and even just multi-doll posed displays look nice and often less "lonely". (For that reason, it's also nice to just get together with other friends who have BJDs so our dolls can also "hang out with their friends".)

However, the dolls don't need to be of "matching sizes", divided into pairs, or actually "romantically involved with each other"; a "friendship" or "simple family relationship" with the others is good enough.

11. I've likely said this before, but one of the reasons I tried to avoid getting into this hobby for a while was because I knew my first doll would be Shikai.. and it would be cruel and unusual punishment to get Shikai but not Jiko. The two are a matched set that i couldn't bear to seperate. ^^ None of my other dolls or characters are quite so dependant on having a counterpart/friend/SO, but all the same I've found I do preffer having an even rather than odd number of dolls.. that way I can 'pair' them off more neatly and not feel like any of them are bign left out. ^^

12. I guess it depends on case to case. a lot of the appeal of BJDs for me was the stories and the characters and both my dolls and future dolls are based off of roleplaying characters.

Liadan's other half character doesn't belong to me and she doesn't like BJDs at all (once asked me to put them out of her sight before she'd enter the room) and while i feel Liadan needs his other half (he's so codependant it's not funny) i don't feel quite right getting Eamonn as much as i want him.

Dustin's best friend is Teapot and while yet again is not my character. Jemisard who created her is a doll fan and doesn't mind me getting her and i feel we can both share her and Dustin's personality comes out a lot more with Teapot around and i feel the same will happen in doll form.

I don't think it's bad that you want to sell one of your dolls off. sometimes when you don't bond or feel attached as much it just happens, and while the coupling is cute and all. You never know you might get another doll and there will be a new relationship right there.. who knows.

I can't seem to think about my characters without the other. Liadan wants Eamonn but i can't get him without feeling weird. Liadan would also do well with a Caer.. but i can't get a Caer without a Tovi XD
      vicious cycle. I'm hoping when Teapot and Liadan meet that Liadan won't be so lonely.

and i know they're not real but the characters are still important to me whether they have a doll body or not.

13. I feel as though I need to get my doll a boyfriend and atleast someone that is like a family member. I want more than one doll for them to interact, you know? Sometimes I feel as though my doll has her own feelings, and she feels sad... and then that makes me sad...xD

14. Eh. Not really. Though I suppose there are exceptions.

Hmm. Ephram has a girlfriend/wife named Elly, but neither attempt at her worked out. We didn't bond and there wasn't really a connection between either attempt and Ephram. I've sold both and feel no need to try to get her again.

Ephram also has a nephew, Nai. Nai also keeps not working out. There's a bit of a connection, usually, but it's weak and neither of us 'needs' him in his current incarnation. I may try with a SD-sized doll instead of minis like the first two, as I dislike the mini size... But then, I may not.

Lukas is a loner and thus pairing him isn't even a concern.

Lutz I never felt a particular need to pair up, but then he paired himself up with an AR Elly named Alisa. After I sold her because she wasn't doing it for me, he seemed so utterly and completely crushed. I found the F-08 head and realized it was perfect for her. She's here now and I adore her and I can't imagine the two of them apart. They're always sitting together holding hands.

Iysa's another loner-type. He's Lutz and Alisa's son, but he doesn't really have a relationship with them that I know of yet.

So... Yes and no? Mostly no, though.

15. well, ASh and Shoji are together, and Ayumi is Shoji's sister, Chive is just kinda there, but is way too adorable not to have around, and Adriyn is kinda detatched, but I still really like him and is a fun young friend for the others, so I don't think I'll give him up any time soon, and his used-to-be girl friend has moved on in her life to become someone very different, and no longer fits well in our family, so unfortunatley shes not going to be staying much longer...

16. well..for me..i can't sell them..or abonand them...i feel like that was bad*to myself*...sometimes i hear my toys talk to me...*is my own actually* but..like..my toys*fur toy* when my mum took them out for shower...they need to dry at least one day one nite..but i can hear them crying outside calling me to safe them...that bugs me alot...if my girl is here...she intend to be my best fren and she can't live me. But i will get her a boyfriend. ^_^ dunno who she like..*oopps out of topic*
      But if really in that case, of suffering from financial...so no choice..i had to break my heart...so is only the decision u made...are u willing to leave ur kids to someone else?

17. So...hope u made the rite choice...U are the one who brought them alive in ur imagination world...SO u gotta make sure he/she go to a good family home. Sometimes, no companion doesn't mean bad. At least they got more attention..^_^ hahaha... well i hope my answer din out of the road...*sweat*

18. I have one doll who is too young to have a mate...and two adult dolls who just don't have them, and may not get them. *sigh* But...the dolls I lavish my attention are couples, and I can't imagine them without them... But that's the direction my stories run, so...

19. LOL - we only have one "couple" in our house, and I didn't quite expect it; but when my husband decided he really wanted a Jun Tachibana girl, Kasai (my Isao, whom I had expected might remain a consummate bachelor / bisexual flirt) fell for her HARD... XD

20. Ilú, my first boy, is still on his way here, but I know in the future I'd like to get him some company so he has someone (other than me) to interact with. I've already found myself looking at moulds with a view to finding one for Aulen, his boyfriend, and possibly a couple of members of his family. Ilú comes from a very close-knit family and is incredibly dependant on having Aulen around, so him not having any of that around is a very strange way of being. He'll have his sister in the shape of the luts xmas head when he gets here, but money permitting I'm hoping to bring home first Aulen, then Ilú's father and two of his grandparents later on.