1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel like your dolls have to have a friend or significant other?

Jan 7, 2006

1. I'm hoping to bring home Tori's brother soon. I really want an SD, but I can't imagine having her without him. Plus it'll be fun having a boy. :)

2. At first I just think I will only get one, but letter on I don't want my doll to be lonely.
      So for me, yes. That's why I start buying for the second doll, the third, and now the forth ^O^; (Their oldest brother)

3. My little girl is still quite young... therefore I am the only significant figure in her world.
      ;)

4. I want mine to have friends or partners or siblings...I've always wanted more than one doll so that they can keep each other company when I'm a little busy ^^;;

The stories I create for each of my characters are also always heavily intertwined, so I couldn't imagine seeing my Fash solely by himself. Part of what brings my characters to life are their relationships with others, I think ^^

5. the most significant other of them, is obviously me.
      they don't have girlfriends. except for me, of course. hahaha.
      but they are "foster" (?!) brothers now.

6. I just got into all of this BJD stuff TODAY! XD But I would like to hope that in the future I can have at least two so no one gets lonely.

7. At least a friend... I wouldn't want for him to be lonely-it makes me feel guilty><.

8. I totally have my gang paired up either platonically or romantically. And I always have 2 of a size/scale so they have a friend or sibling the right size.

Nancy

9. I started out with a Dollfie Dream and thought that would be it. Ruru was recently added and now, I want a little elf. I don't know when it will end. I just love them.

10. For me personally, I have a clear distinction between the "story" character and the doll. In Lucy's story she has friends and companions and someone who she cares about, but I'm not sure right now if I ever plan on getting more dolls to represent them. I don't really take photostories or anything, so it's not really an issue that I need others to pose her with. And as far as money is concerned, I really can't afford it right now! Heh.

11. Well, personally, at the moment at least, I am not very interested in romantic relationships for any of my dolls. However I do feel like the need "someone". I seem to like things in general in "pairs". I prefer having two of something in very many cases.

My Dreaming Lishe, Uma, is getting her twin brother. But I'm also imagining this girl I am planning as somewhat Uma's best friend sort of person. So I'm not sure how that one will work out. At the moment, I feel like she should have someone though.

My snyder-twins have eachother and the way I imagine them, they wont ever need anyone else. They are VERY much a pair, for example I very seldom take pictures of just one of them. If I do, I take pictures of the other one straight after.

12. Yeah, Carol & Emma are best buds, Emma was so lonely until Carol arrived. =o(

Ceci seems to be more of a Loner. . .

Swann isn't completely whole (her body isn't here yet ), but somehow I get the feeling she's going to be bugging me for a boyfriend once she gets her body. :sweat And Musedoll girls are tall, so, she's going to probably need a Hound for a bf. :sweat

. . . my dolls are slowly but surely taking over my room.

13. I would probably end up with having just one doll, and it'd be nice to meet people through roleplaying. Maybe he'll end up making some friends.

14. Yes! I'm saving a yder to be a brother to my el ^_^

15. I dont have any yet...but thinking about it each one would have to have at least a friend if not a partner

But if you really need to sell , and you aren't as attached anyways ... maybe they could get a divorce and find a new lover later ? ;)

16. My dolls have mre of an lover-that-turned-in-to-an-enemy scenario

17. Yes, I do think at the moment that my Vespa is lonely and that she needs a boy around. That's why I'm going to buy her a bloke.
      Ophelia never had a friend and never would have, she's too shy for that.

But Vespa, yea, she needs somebody around. She's a social girl!

18. I used to feel a tiny bit guilty when it was just Jay and I would have to leave him all alone while I went off to school for the day.
      I feel much better knowing that my dolls have some company that's their size while I'm not around. It may be silly, but I do. ^^;
      I also found, when I got Phoenix, that having two dolls kind of puts them in their own kind of world... rather than it just being a doll in a world full of human sized stuff. As soon as there are two of them, it starts to seem like a different perspective.
      ... that may or may not have made absolutely *NO* sense. *_*
      It's not something that can easily be put into words, I guess.
      ^_^
      -V

19. o_o I guess for me it's not a "omg, they need a significant other" as it is I like things to come in pairs. XD I don't even have my Lishe and I already want an El for her. O: I dunno, I feel better with a pair.Though if I had to sell one it wouldn't kill me XD

20. Its interesting how we tend to atribute human emotions to our dolls. I wanted to get a partner for my Sd 13and ended up getting a delf but it seemed like my delf boy didnt want my Sd he seem to be more natural with my sd10.
      So now I am on a quest to get an Isao. I feel like dolls have to be the same size and same from the same company in order to be together get married. Weird I know.
      But I guess the story part of these dolls is what makes it more fun.
      But I can understand how you wouldnt want to sell a companion doll to yoru favorite doll.