1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel like your dolls have to have a friend or significant other?

Jan 7, 2006

1. Hmm. See I don't really feel like I need to have any other dolls to be friends with or date my doll, but I'm not really into the story aspect of it.

2. Absolutely agree with dolls needing companions!
      I am in the midst of sorting out my doll family at the moment because X dosn't look quite right with Y and Z really needs a man to be the father of her child....*_* and the story goes on!
      I think they look so much better together than all alone, on a shelf, no one to talk to or hold....

3. All my dolls were characters long before I bought their resin "shells," so yeah, I angsted about having half a pair when we were still buying them, and even sold a doll because he was off scale with his partner. I can't help but anthropomorphize even when rationally I know they're inanimate objects.

4. Indeed all by boys are created long ago, along with their boyfriends/guardians, so now i just need to hunt down a resin that fits the bill, and it a lot of hunting...and remoding, so i doubt once i get them, i will sell them.

5. :lol:

I think my Bella and Momiji are joined at the hip. I pose them together playing all the time--they look so happy together. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look like they get along together very well. Bella seems to always watch over Momiji and Momiji feels safe and comfortable being around Bella.

6. Sometimes I think my boy needs a companion or two, and I plan on getting um. A lot more anyway (teacher, guardian, his brother & sister), but a friend (that's not owned by me) could probably do wonders. Idk why I think this is necessary, either.

7. I have to get my boys in 2's so they're not lonely. Since Mephisto clings to Tak everywhere >.> My new boy might want someone else to hang around with.

8. I gues it wfeels strange to me if my doll doesn't have a partner, or at least a friend. That's why I always pait them with eachother.

9. I guess I do feel as though my boy needs a friend. Not necissarily a mate but definatly a friend. Its silly yes, I know he's not real and can't feel sad. Although in my case the doll would be just as much for my enjoyment as it would be his.

10. Originally I intended only to get one doll, but then I decided that I'd have that doll based on one of my own characters. After some more thought, I then decided that I'd (eventually) have to get a partner doll for him because he'd be lonely without his beloved 'Young Master' who he has a long standing and firm relationship with.

Sometimes I wonder if it might not have been better if I'd based my doll off one of my characters that isn't involved in a relationship :|

11. My first doll isn't here yet, but for now I don't think he needs company. I've got him to keep me company (to me he is gonna be more like a friend than a doll living in his own little world). Maybe it also helps that he is not based on a character and is not part of a story or family yet. I'm not gonna make a story for him or anything. When he arives I expect he will tell me who he is and what he needs. So I'm not gonna pick out companions for him yet because I don't know if he'll need them.

12. As silly as it sounds, I feel like my girl is lonely because I have a doll aspect of neither of her best friends, or her boyfriend.

Though she does have a BBB Bei to play with until my Nina comes, I even felt bad for selling my Puki Pipi who I had first, because my girl would be all alone (the Bei is a room mates). I don't even think the Nina will sufice since she's not going to be a story character.

So, yeah, in a way, I feel like they do need friends, but not *need* a SO type doll.

13. my gang loves friends

14. I feel bad that my Melody has a whole room all to herself. I wish that I had someone that she could share it with x3 But I lack the funds now. So she's gonna be lonely for a while. ):

15. As harsh as it sounds, dolls are dolls. They aren't human. And, even humans can live without having a romantic partner. So I'm pretty sure a doll wouldn't mind.

Not to say that I would attempt the impossible feat of having just one. But I'm not gonna worry too much if my first has to wait a year or two before she gets a buddy.

16. I was going along my merry way, thinking about attempting the impossible: going with just one.

In all seriousness, nothing else had caught my eye and I was just ready to focus on getting that one safely to me. Then I started browsing around again. Browsing makes everything happen. xD; Whoops. I saw the Kid Delf Ttori and I thought, "That'd be a good little brother for Yder when I get him." So now I'm kind of swaying in that direction? Haha.

But it does kinda get lonely when a lonely doll doesn't have a friend to hang around when you're not there. ): Makes me sad to think about it now.

17. Honestly, only two of my planned dolls have a significant other (each other), but for the rest they have either a sibling or friend or rival. While I'm now onto getting dolls to fit pre-conceived characters, that won't ever become a reason for me to never sell or second-think selling.

If the time came where I had to sell a doll, I would sell the ones that were still being sold as basic kits first (my MNF Carl/Karsh or Puki Pipi for example) and keep the ones that are limited/discontinued (pipos bingo ltd, soulkid harang, mythdoll leroi's twin) as a last-choice thing, since they would be much harder to replace down the line when I had more money again.

18. My first boy, Tae-Jun was always kind of intended to be a loner, but then I bought my MD Ryu head, Asriel, on a bit of a whim, but tied their characters together and now they're really tight. :) I do kind of feel better now that Tae-Jun has a friend, his character just feels more complete, even though Asriel is still just a head.

My next planned dolls (4) are all intertwined, two of them used to date, two of them are together, etc. I can't wait to get all of them for photos and to have them interact.

19. They can always have a fight and break up. Some people find out that they're happiest when single. ;3

Of all the dolls I want, only one needs a partner. A second would, but his partner would probably never be purchased by his creator, so XP on that idea.

It just all depends on what your dolls tell you, right? :) S/he can always meet someone new when you can afford it.

20. my dolls absolutely have to have a significant other. i can't imagine myself without my gf, so why should my bjds be lonely? :lol: